Epilogue

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat at his desk, writing paper laying in front of him. Only a candle on an antiquated candlestick shone in the dark. With a light smile, Baekhyun took the writing feather out of the ink and began to write.

Dear Jongin,

Today I saw Kyungsoo writing something again. You probably already know when you are reading this, that Kyungsoo is writing a memory diary of every day without you. A diary that you can read when we are all together again. He wouldn’t show it to me, it contains personal thoughts only meant for you (I am a little envious!), isn’t this cute? Is it evil to wish for someone to die soon? I don’t know. All He wants is to be with you again. It must hurt to be alone. If Chanyeol would still be alive and I would have to wait here, I’d probably go nuts. But writing makes Kyungsoo calm down and that’s good. Also, you surely would like to know what happened here. You will have to tell about your life after lost planet as well!

 

 

“Aish…!”, Baekhyun cursed. He’d dribbled some ink onto the paper and tried to save it with some blotting paper. “Yeah, using the feather was a nice idea. Why exactly did I take it and not the pen?”, he mumbled before he continued writing.

 

 

Sorry for the ink spot. I’m not used to write with a feather. But with a feather your handwriting looks so pretty, and the letter could have turned out so decorative if the ink spot wasn’t there! Reading nicely written letters is more fun! Come to the point why you must read this letter: Like I said before, Kyungsoo is writing every day and when you will be finally here I’m sure it will look like memoires!!! So, I thought about that he must have a lot in his mind that he wants to share with you and for sure he has! So, I thought again, and I concluded that there are some things I want to let you know too. Not as detailed as Kyungsoo, but I want to tell you some stories as well. Maybe you will have read some of them from Kyungsoo as well, but the stories I’ll tell you are those who I think you should hear from me.

Where to start? I think I will skip the part when we came here and build our own little “village” (we love to call it village, but we only build seven houses and some corrals for the horses and cows we got. (I’m not gonna write here how much Kyungsoo loves to take care of the animals and plants. He’s truly like a farmer now!)

I will start with my first beloved memory here. Our house was just built and Chanyeol and I were about to decorate everything a little. He’d build us a huge wonderful bed and out of wool and cotton I’d made some fluffy pillows and we were sleeping under fur from animals we’d kill for food. And that’s were my story begins. I was wide awake in bed crying silently. Although I had my own house, my own bed and the love of my life was right next to me, I couldn’t get warm with the new situation. I was telling myself ‘When this is paradise, why do we have to build houses, furniture and what else? Why do we have to cook on a fire and why do we have to kill to live?’ The thought was so heavy on my and thinking that there would be no escape from here…I wished I’d have never died. I couldn’t bare the situation anymore, so I started to cry in the middle of the night.

But Chanyeol noticed. Of course, he did. There might be nothing in this world I can hide from him. He knows what’s up with me, he would ask the second I feel unwell if there’s something wrong. He has this sense, and this will to always protect me…how ever (I might keep to the point more).

Chanyeol noticed me crying and pulled me into a warm hug. ‘What’s wrong Sun?’

Only those four words made my heart so warm again that I knew why I had to endure this all. But on the other hand, I didn’t want to endure anything again. I wanted to be fully happy. So, I asked him, what I was asking myself from the beginning. ‘When this is paradise, why do we have to build houses, furniture and what else? Why do we have to cook on a fire and why do we have to kill to live?’

Although it was dark I saw Chanyeols smile. He smiled at me with all the love he has. ‘Because it’s life. We’ve gotten a second life, a peaceful life, Sun.’

And he was right. In the past, before I forgot my memory, I wanted to live a normal live. I would have been happy to live it even for a week, for a day. So, did every one of us, right? Chanyeol has this theory which I truly believe in. That night he told me: ‘The moment we died the tree of life formed this place. It’s like another parallel world. Like the lost planet but only for heroes. Only for those who value life, for those who gave their own lives for the sake of life itself.’

Jongin, Chanyeol must be right. This place is perfect. It will become whatever we want it to be. And it is all about us to keep it like this. I nodded when I understood what Chanyeol was trying to explain. Sometimes it might be hard here, too. But this is the second chance we wanted to have and our wish got granted.

 

 

“Baekhyun…”

The blonde turned around to the bed where Chanyeol was now sitting in.

“I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?” He stood up and went to his guardian. “I tried to be as silent as I could…” Even now Baekhyun was more whispering than speaking.

“I naturally woke up because there was this empty spot next to me.”, Chanyeol mumbled half asleep. “What are you doing? Come back to bed…” The redhead held the fur up for Baekhyun to crawl under it.

“I’m not sleepy.” The smaller shook his head. “I feel like I have to write a letter to Jongin.”

A smirk built on Chanyeols lips. “I think Kyungsoo is doing that pretty well all by himself.” He took Baekhyun by the waist and pulled him over. “The one who needs your thoughts is right in front of you, Sun~”, he said and placed a kiss on Baekhyuns nose, leading Baekhyun du giggle.

“You can have my thoughts all day long.”

“And Jongin will have his entire…uhm…his entire time here to read Kyungsoos Lexicon about the life here.”

“It’s not a Lexicon, idiot…”

“You know what I mean. It’s not like that Jongin won’t be able to catch up, once he’s h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter