Seeing Hyuna

Forbidden to last

No, Lee Kikwang hadn't fallen asleep..but she wasn't too far off.

Kikwang was sitting in the stiffest plastic chair he'd ever sat in before in his life. He was also currently trying to doze off. The only problem with this was that he couldn't find a comfortable enough position to lay in. He squirmed in his chair, eyes tightly shut, as he tossed and turned to find the right spot. A few minutes later, he gave up and moodily crossed his arms. He looked up at the mirror and from the reflection he could see others in the room looking at him weirdly. Half embarrassed, half exasperated, Kikwang slipped out his phone.

He scrolled up to a name he was all too familiar with. 'Hyuna' He smiled to himself, bringing the phone to his face, and thinking back to what seemed to him, a distant scene.

"I like you."
Hyuna's eyes shot up to meet his own. He could see a flurry of emotions pass through her eyes. Shock, surprise, worry, embarrassment, bashfulness, and the briefest hint of happiness. She lowered her head, hiding her face from his view.
"T-that's nice of you, Oppa. B-but.." she trailed off.
Kikwang pressed his lips in a thin line, and mustering up his courage, took one of her hands. "No one has to know." He looked off to the side. "I also just wanted to say it..because it's eating me up inside."


He snapped back to reality. The people were giving him weird looks again, and he blushed slightly. Looking back to his phone, he checked the last message sent from her.

----
From: Hyuna

Will you come watch me, Oppa?
\^0^/
----

Kikwang bit his lip, wondering if he'd done the right thing to have confess. They did talk. A lot actually..but mostly through the phone. When they saw each other, they couldn't meet each others eyes out of shyness. He hadn't even asked her out properly. It frustrated him that she wouldn't go out on a date yet. Kikwang sighed. He'd have to persevere for a while longer.

Standing up, he grabbed a jacket to slip over his tank top. He'd go and watch her. "I'll be back," he called to those in the room.