Chapter 9

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 - Bonding time

“Oh, hey, you’re back!” Suho was the one who opened the door, smiling pleasantly at Ara.

 

Sehun shrugged past him, entering the pack house and immediately making a beeline for the huge kitchen where he then proceeded to grab a can of Pepsi and chug it down in one go. Baekhyun trailed after him like a lost puppy, reaching for a sip. 

“Maybe this time, I can get your name.” Ara gave Suho a small smile and shook his extended hand.

“I’m Ara, nice to meet you.” Kyungsoo helped Ara inside the house, Kai following behind them, closing the door. Everyone took off their shoes and entered the living room, and Ara felt her eyes widen at how vast the room was. The interior was simple but cosy, brown and grey tones warming up the house, and Ara immediately felt at ease.

A tall boy, Chanyeol, Ara realized, entered the living room and wordlessly plopped down on the soft, brown couch next to Suho, draping an arm over him and leaning his head on his shoulder. Suho smiled, leaning into the touch. Ara felt out of place.

“So, you met the boys at school, I assume?” It was Chanyeol speaking now, looking up at Ara with round eyes. Ara nodded, standing awkwardly in front of the coffee table separating her from Chanyeol and Suho.

Kai disappeared down the hallway to the left, Kyungsoo was also gone, and Baekhyun and Sehun started giggling in the kitchen.

“I started yesterday, moved here on Saturday,” Ara explained, and Suho nodded thoughtfully, Chanyeol making a small sound in his throat. Baekhyun and Sehun entered the living room, Sehun pulling Ara with him so she sat down next to him on the long couch pressed against the wall adjacent to the TV.

Ara didn’t know why, but when Sehun draped his arm around her shoulders and pressed her close while munching on a protein bar, occasionally giggling with Baekhyun, she felt safe. Comfortable. Home. The feelings were raw and intense, and Ara frowned, wondering what on earth was going on inside her.

“What do you guys want for dinner?” Kyungsoo suddenly called from the kitchen.

“Kimchi rice-“

“Spaghetti-“

“Anything with chicken.” The last comment was by Kai, who entered the living room with a small scowl on his face. He had changed from his school uniform into a comfy pair of black sweats and a grey t-shirt, walking over to sit down on the one-seater near the sliding doors that probably led to a backyard.

“This place looks expensive,” Ara commented, and Sehun sighed tiredly, offering his protein bar to Baekhyun before snuggling closer to Ara. Ara allowed him. Kai glowered from his seat.

“It’s cause Kai’s loaded,” Baekhyun chimed, chocolate from his fingers as he finished the protein bar.

“More like his parents are loaded,” Chanyeol corrected, grinning at Baekhyun.

“Do they also live here?”

“They live somewhere in Gangnam,” Sehun mumbled into Ara’s shoulder. Ara nodded slowly.

“Why do you live here alone?”

“We live together,” Suho explained, pointing at himself and then making a circle with his finger so all the boys had been pointed at. Baekhyun snorted.

“Temporarily,” Kai muttered, arms crossed over his chest. He closed his eyes as he leaned back in the soft one-seater, and for a second he looked awfully peaceful. Innocent even. “Suho and Chanyeol have graduated, gap year.” Ara noted that he didn’t seem to like talking. Or explaining. Or interacting with people. 

“Baekhyun, Sehun and I actually have families, but we hang out here so much it’s practically our home now.” Kyungsoo entered the living room, an apron wrapped around his frame, a pair of glasses resting on his nose. “Kai might act like he doesn’t like it, but he would probably go insane without us here."

 Kai snapped his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter