Chapter 32

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32 - An overly excited Druid

“So, do you feel any different?” Yunho is sitting on the coffee table, arms crossed over his chest, shoulders hunched in anticipation and excitement.

Sehun had sent him the video from yesterday when Ara and Kai confirmed their soulmate bond, and despite it being a Thursday evening with loads of piled up work, Yunho had ditched everything and gone to visit the pack house.

“I feel stronger?” Ara is sitting on the couch in front of him, Baekhyun on her right, and surprise, surprise, Kai on her left. Except Kai isn’t practically draped over Ara, unlike Baekhyun who is leaning his head on her shoulder, his weight resting on her. 

Kai’s arm, however, brushes hers from time to time, and it’s enough to send her heart beating wildly in her chest.

“I did some research before coming here,” Yunho starts, grinning like a madman, and Ara wearily eyes him. “Soulmate bonds between alphas and mages are one of the rarest bonds to exist; it happens like once every third century.”

“So, the bond is the reason why I can use my powers, does it mean that I can’t use my powers without being in contact with him?” Ara asks, and Kai turns his head sideways so he’s frowning at her.

Ara blinks, turning her head to explain her question to him, and she freezes when she realizes how close they are. Kai’s jaw clenches, and Ara’s eyes follow the movement, her heart thumping in her chest.

“Get a room!” Sehun shouts, throwing a pillow at them before quickly squeezing himself behind Chanyeol so Kai’s wrath won’t reach him. Kai grabs the pillow mid-air and is about to throw it back at Sehun when Ara on instinct holds onto his other arm, and Kai stops, slowly turning his head in Ara’s direction.

Ara blushes and clears , averting her gaze, and Kai begrudgingly props the pillow behind his back before leaning back on the couch. Yunho is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

“Is this what I’ve missed so far? Do you guys mind me staying over from now on?” Kai kicks the coffee table so it moves slightly, and Yunho yelps, scowling at him. “Fine, fine, anyways, back to your question, Ara. I think the main reason why your powers work when you’re with Kai is to remind you of the bond between you two.”

“What does that mean?” Suho asks, frowning.

“A soulmate bond between an alpha and a mage is basically a suicide pact; mages and werewolves don’t mix well together, especially not if the werewolf is an alpha with his own pack,” Yunho explains, pursing his lips. “Your bond allowed your powers to reach their potential, but you shouldn’t think that you’re completely tied down to Kai.”

“Explain,” Kai says, an eyebrow arched. Yunho rolls his eyes as if what he has to explain is supposed to be public knowledge.

“When you two touched, her powers submerged from her subconscious and your bond was sealed, the reason why she has only managed to use her powers when you’ve been around is in order to deepen that bond the universe has created for you instead of neglecting it because of your supernatural identities, and with some training she will be able to utilize her abilities even if she’s without you.”

“How’s that possible?” Kyungsoo asks, hand raised. Yunho smirks and Kai already dreads the answer.

“Because they’ll be tied by the bond; a little part of Kai will always be in her, just like a small part of her will be in him.”

Sehun and Chen both groan at the cheesiness of Yunho’s explanation, Suho hides his face in his hands, and Tao pretends to puke. Luhan is smirking knowingly at the new couple, Xiumin has to smack him on the head to snap him out of his most likely rated thoughts. Lay blushes and hides his face in a grinning Chanyeol’s neck.

“Oh my God,” Baekhyun groans, and Ara squeals because his face is resting on her shoulder and the sound is too damn loud. Kai smacks Baekhyun on the head, and the boy quickly leans away.

“Their bond is slowly but surely expanding, Ara’s powers will no longer be dependent on Kai’s presence, and thus she’ll be able to reach new levels of her powers the more she practices.”

“Levels, is this like a game?” Sehun asks, and Tao facepalms at the lame joke.

“And now that your wolves have acknowledged their Luna, stuff will change slightly,” Yunho says, smirking evilly.

“What?” Ara asks, shoulders stiff in worry, and Yunho cackles loudly, practically feeding on her emotions. Kai subconsciously moves closer to Ara when he senses her nervousness.

“The pack is gonna be very clingy, I’ve experienced this with Kai’s father when his pack lived here,” Yunho starts, his smirk widening. “They’ll constantly seek contact, Kai will be suffering from mood swings and,” Yunho stops, clearing his throat, “hormonal imbalances.”

“Oh my God,” Sehun whispers, eyes wide in horror, and he quickly whips his head in Kai’s direction. “Bro, please, if you absolutely must, do it at McDonalds or something.”

“You’re the horniest one out of all of us,” Kai snaps, and Sehun narrows his eyes in annoyance.

“Yeah, but I don’t exactly do it with another pers-“

“Can we not have this discussion right now,” Kyungsoo yells loudly, hands pressed to his ears.

“Okay, so basically everyone will be touching you,” Lay says, frowning in confusion, and Ara blushes wildly.

“Wrong wording, Lay, wrong wording,” Baekhyun mumbles, shaking his head.

“Let’s just say that stuff will get tiring from now on, and especially on the full moon next week,” Yunho says loudly before standing up from the coffee table.

“Wait, so all that stuff about werewolves going berserk on the full moo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter