Chapter 12

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 - A beast 

Sehun was pacing around the coffee table, Kyungsoo eyeing him from the one-seater with a frown on his face. 

"Stop that, I'm getting dizzy," Kyungsoo muttered, despite not looking away from the tall boy circling the coffee table. Baekhyun was incessantly tapping his fingers on his knee, Ara was sitting next to him, worrying her bottom lip. What was going on? Who was the intruder? Was he dangerous? If so, would the boys get hurt?

"It's okay, calm down," Baekhyun suddenly murmured as if he had heard her thoughts, placing an arm around Ara's shoulders. The room was filled with palpable tension, stress and panic engulfing the werewolves and Ara. Twenty minutes had passed already, with no signs of the boys.

"I don't like this," Kyungsoo mumbled, placing his face in his hands while leaning his elbows on his knees. He massaged his temples and sighed. "There hasn't been any supernatural activities here since freshman year, this is so unexpected and sudden."

"At least we still run once in a while," Baekhyun said, arm still around Ara, calming the buzzing girl. Sehun hadn't ceased his pacing. "I don't even wanna imagine what would happen if we weren't in shape."

Sehun's head suddenly snapped towards the hallway and he scrambled off, startling the others who quickly followed him. 

The door swung open and Kai entered with his back facing the pack. He was holding someone's upper arms, Suho and Chanyeol carrying the person's legs, and the rest of the pack quickly made way for them so they could bring the body into the living room.

They placed the body on the floor in the middle of the room, and Ara felt her eyes widening. It was a boy, not much older than them.

Fresh claw wounds were adorning his pale yet awfully good looking face, and his clothes, a shirt and a pair of jeans, were barely clinging to his lean body, all but shredded into bloodied pieces. 

"What happened?" Sehun was blinking rapidly, looking down at the boy with wide eyes. Kai sighed and sat down by the boy's feet. 

"He said he was being followed, doesn't know by what but by the looks of it, it's something dangerous," Kai explained, running a hand through his damp hair. It must have started raining. Ara didn't know why, but she felt relief because of Kai's explanation; the wounds weren't his doing. 

"He's a werewolf, too," Kyungsoo mumbled, frowning down at the unconscious boy. "Does he have a pack?"

"He barely managed to warn us before he was out cold," Suho said, a frown on his face. Every wolf in the room was alert, there was an intruder on their territory. But there was no instant threat, so they decided to calm down, holding back claws and fangs. 

"What if he's a rogue?" Everyone looked over at Ara. She shrugged. "I've watched twilight." 

"There might be a strong possibility that he's a rogue," Kai muttered, before turning his head to look up at Ara with a serious expression. "Please don't ever mentioned Twilight again, these boys won't let you live." Ara blinked in surprise, not at all used to Kai talking to her without snapping or scowling. 

"Let's just keep an eye on him for now." Suho sighed and sat down on the couch. 

"Baekhyun and Sehun, we're taking rounds around the borders, the rest keeps an eye on the wolf." Kai didn't leave room for any argument and left the living room, the house door banging open.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter