Chapter 17

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17 - A misunderstanding

“I don’t get it,” Tao said, frowning at Ara from where he was leaning against a tree. Xiumin, Chen and Luhan were sitting next to him, all eyeing Ara with interest and curiosity. “How are you supposed to break the glass? Don’t you need to recite a spell or something?”

“I didn’t recite anything when I broke the mirrors at school,” Ara clarified, running a hand through her hair. Her head was throbbing again, she had been trying to break the old window Sehun had found two days ago for the past 20 minutes, key word being trying.

It just didn’t seem to work, despite her fingers tingling here and there. After the grocery trip, they had all returned home and prepared dinner, chicken lasagne, and after finishing dinner, Kai had decided to take a few laps around the borders. Tao, Xiumin, Chen and Luhan had stayed behind, the rest had joined Kai.

“What if it wasn’t you who broke the mirrors?” Xiumin wondered aloud, shrugging. “What if something hit it? Or maybe they were already broken?" 

Ara hadn’t thought of that possibility yet, and she frowned. What if she didn’t have any powers? But then again, the boys all claimed she was supernatural – there was apparently literal light emitting from her all the time.

“I don’t know,” Ara sighed in defeat and sat down on the green grass. It was getting late, the sky a dark purple and blue, and the temperature was dropping.

Ara pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them, feeling goosebumps rise across her skin, and two seconds later, Sehun dropped down next to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders.

He was panting, so was Lay who sat down on Ara’s right, leaning his head on her shoulder, and suddenly everything was better, warm and comfortable.

“No signs,” Sehun whispered, playing with the grass next to him, and Ara nodded, Lay’s head moving with hers. “Kris said they didn’t feel anything when the beast crossed their border. Kai’s on the verge of going mad.”

“He should call his parents,” Suho said, emitting from the forest behind the tree Tao, Xiumin, Luhan and Chen had been leaning on. “They know many supernatural creatures; maybe we can get some help?”

“I am not calling them.” Kai also emerged from the forest, angrily stomping past everyone and directly into the house. Kris followed him, running a hand through his hair, frowning.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were discussing something quietly between one another, Kyungsoo followed them with a scowl on his face, and then everyone was piling into the house again, sliding the garden door shut.

“Why doesn’t he want to contact his parents?” Ara ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter