Chapter 45

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 45 - Full Moon

“Don’t forget to take out the popcorn, and also turn off the lights when you’re done!” Kyungsoo yells, clutching a bowl of crisps and another bowl of candy in his arms as he enters the living room. 

He plops down next to Lay and places the bowls on the table where there is already an abundance of snacks, sweets and drinks.

Kris had brought a couple of beers earlier when the pack was drowning the couches with pillows and blankets for the movie night, but Kai had wordlessly taken the liquor and thrown it in the trash, saving one bottle for Kris. No one needed an explanation.

“So, have you decided what movie to watch?” Ara asks, leaning over to grab some popcorn from the coffee table. Sehun does the same and decides to grab the entire bowl, leaning back and placing it in his lap before digging in. Ara laughs and leans back next to him, stealing some popcorn from the bowl.

“I actually wanted to watch The Avengers Age of Ultron,” Chen chimes, snuggling into Lay. “There are a few scenes I don’t remember, and I hate it when Sehun mentions them during our discussions, knowing fully well that I have no recollection of them.”

“For all you know he might just be spewing ,” Tao snickers from next to Kris, and the older male playfully smacks him on the arm because of the loudness of his voice before returning to his beer.

“Now we have to watch the movie so I can prove myself innocent,” Sehun angrily mutters, shoving popcorn into his mouth. Ara leans her head on his shoulder, stealing a few more popcorn kernels from the bowl, and Sehun instantly melts into her touch, forgetting the argument.

Luhan who is sitting on Ara’s left side reclines his body so he’s halfway lying on her, and he lets out a happy laugh as he places his head on her lap.

“I was actually hoping for a scary movie.” Xiumin shrugs and pops a sour candy into his mouth, completely unaffected by it as he looks over at Ara.

Chen stares at him in awe before leaning forward and grabbing a sour candy for himself. He pops it into his mouth and then grimaces, spitting the candy out and then looking over at Xiumin in amazement.

“I’ve read loads of good reviews about IT.”

“Oh, hell no,” Tao all but yells, his eyes wide, and Kris winces, leaning away from him, a finger pressed to his ear. Baekhyun angrily throws popcorn at Tao from across the coffee table before snuggling into Chanyeol’s side, rubbing his ringing ear against the giant male’s arm.

Everyone in the pack is awfully sensitive to all kinds of sounds and smells today, most likely because of the full moon. Ara is thankful she hasn’t gotten her period yet, or else she’d probably die of embarrassment.

“Yeah, I second that,” Suho says, shaking his head rapidly. “Clowns are a huge no, especially when they’re demonic.”

“Are you implying that they aren’t demonic to begin with?” Tao exclaims, and this time Kris smacks him on the head, shushing him harshly. Tao pouts, rubbing his temple.

"If I remember correctly, you dressed up as the joker for the Halloween party," Chanyeol says, nibbling on liquorice twizzlers. Tao narrows his eyes and scoffs.

“The joker is a y psychopath with a strong disdain for social norms and mainstream dress codes. Clowns, on the other hand, are evil and they’re sent from the darkest pits of hell to rid the earth of every sane human being.”

“I can see they’ve succeeded with that,” Sehun mutters, and Ara snorts before throwing Tao an apologetic smile.

“Let’s just watch a comedy, no?” Lay suggests. “It’s safe for everyone to watch and also I feel like we need to laugh a little.”

“You always feel like we need to laugh,” Chen mutters from next to him, and Lay shrugs, smiling.

“We’re watching Harry Potter.” Kai finally enters the living room, a bowl of buttery popcorn in his hands, and a dark scowl on his face when his eyes find Ara sandwiched between Luhan and Sehun.

Luhan instantly closes his eyes and pretends to be asleep, and Sehun has suddenly started a diamond hunt in the popcorn bowl in his lap, both males avoiding their alpha until the latter growls loudly.

Everyone flinches, and Luhan is scrambling off Ara’s lap in the next second, reluctantly dropping down next to Xiumin and Suho. Sehun keeps clinging to Ara’s arm, and the girl giggles, looking up at Kai with hopeful eyes. 

He keeps glaring at Sehun, but he doesn’t say anything, circling the coffee table before sitting down next to Ara. He places the bowl of popcorn in his lap and then pulls Ara close to him, his arm resting around her shoulders.

Sehun angrily crosses his arms over his chest and pouts into his popcorn.

“Why the hell do you want to watch Harry Potter?” Kyungsoo asks, and Kai finally stops glaring, looking over at Kyungsoo.

“Because I want to.” The answer is so serious that no one questions him, and Ara ignores the heat rushing up to her cheeks before looking up at Kai.

“Well, which one do you want to watch? If I’m not mistaken, there are seven movies.”

“Eight,” Kai corrects immediately, and Ara holds back a snort. She needs to ask him more about his Harry Potter obsession when the rest aren’t there. “And we’re watching the third one.”

“The prisoner of Azkaban, right?” Chen asks, snapping his fingers. Kai looks impressed for a second, but then Lay mumbles a lazy “you searched th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter