Hot Pink is for Hot Men

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the umpteenth time, Youngjae sighed and threw a menacing look at what he was holding. A hot pink paper bag with small gold ribbon designs. Even the gods would not dare how many times he had cursed the heavens for such a dreadful fate. A lot of times he was tempted to just dump the ridiculous thing into the nearest trash bin but his guilt wouldn’t let him—guilt over his spent money that is. The thing and its contents will amount to half of his hourly rate and it’s a mortal sin to throw away money.

People would look at the godforsaken item before flashing him a knowing smile. Oh how he despised the attention. Just imagining what’s inside their mind is making him crazy. The walk to the other building had never felt so long and exhausting.

He adjusted his necktie and slyly peered at his reflection when he passed by the full length mirror just beside the elevator. “I’m still handsome so whatever,” he consoled himself as he stepped inside the steel box. He was about to just wait for the thing to close itself but when he saw a grinning fish a.k.a. Kim Himchan approaching, he pressed the close button like it was the only way to save the earth from devastation.

Himchan’s eyes widened at the threat. “Ya! Yoo Youngjae wait!” he shouted and started to sprint the remaining steps.

But Youngjae only stuck his tongue out at him and continued to press close. Much to his dismay though, Himchan had successfully added, “Hot pink suits you bro!”

If not for the CCTV camera pointed at his direction, he would have definitely kicked the steel doors for being a big slowpoke.

Finally he reached the ninth floor with only the doors as his target of frustration. A couple of employees filed in at some floors but he couldn’t care less. The actual hell has just begun. On that particular floor is where the office of the Accounting is located. His destination for that afternoon.

On his way to work, every pharmacy and clinic he passed by stood out like a sore thumb. He couldn’t help but think of the ugly marks he had left on Daehyun’s neck and shoulders. They looked painful and good god; he couldn’t imagine just how many more of them were there, hidden beneath the guy’s shirt. Ultimately, he gave up and bought some painkillers. What he didn’t expect was the design of the paper bag that held them. He looked for a decent bag inside his car but to no avail. When he reached his office, he tried to find something that can hold the medicines but it seems like all of the brown paper bags made a boycott because suddenly, all of the paper bags he came across with were all pink and flowery. The gold ribbons will be passable compared to them. Putting the meds inside his pockets is out of the question. He had bought all kinds of them afraid that Daehyun may have an allergic reaction to a certain kind and wouldn’t be able to take it. And he kind of just took everything that the pharmacist offered him and that ended up to an armful amount. 

He stepped out and almost had a heart attack when he saw Himchan already waiting for him there with his hands placed on his hips. “Where are you going with that in hand?”

“None of your business,” Youngjae snapped at him without a pause and went straigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter