Mad

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 6

    Daehyun stood up when he finally saw Youngjae approaching.

    “Hey!”

    Youngjae looked surprised at first but on Daehyun’s big relief, his friend smiled. 

    “What are you doing here? Oh right. I’m sorry about yesterday. I-I…was shocked and didn’t know how to react so I ran away.” He grabbed Daehyun’s hands. “I was confused because you said that you like Himchan but you were kissing another man. If I offended you in any way, I’m so sorry. Later I realized that you must have had a reason for doing that. And I’m glad that I ran into you tonight. I honestly don’t know how to approach you first without feeling awkward.”

    Daehyun laughed.

    “Did I say something funny?”

    Daehyun fell into a feat of laughter even more upon seeing Youngjae’s face. His eyes were rounder than usual and his lips were pouting he could pass as a newly hatched duckling. Innocent to the world and yellow. 

     The younger was still holding his hands when he finally stopped. “We didn’t just run into each other tonight coz I waited here for hours just to see you.”

    “Oh my god you did? No wonder your hands are all cold. Let’s go. I will treat you to some ramen to warm you up.”

    When Youngjae smiled at him, he knew. He knew that he finally found a friend who can understand him and will never judge him. Who will believe in him when he himself is in doubt. “Can I hug you?” 

    He saw Youngjae’s expression change but it was a very short amount of time for him to be able to decipher what it was. The lamp light could have just been playing some shadow tricks on him too.

    “Heh. Are you sure of that? You may end up liking me instead of Himchan if we hug you know.” Youngjae teased.

    “I’m sorry. I blurted that out without thinking. It’s okay. We don’t have to. I just had this urge so suddenly and it doesn’t matter so don’t mind it. I mean, you’re straight and I’m gay—
    
     Youngjae leaped into his arms.

    “You’re warm and you smell nice. Other guys I hugged before stink.” Youngjae grinned. “Let’s go eat ramen ne?”

    Daehyun awkwardly wrapped his arms around Youngjae and laughed. He was just thinking too much. “Your hair smells. And why are you doing aegyo when you’re the one who will be paying for us?”

    Youngjae pushed him jokingly. “Yah! How dare you say that after I said all of those nice things to you?”
    Daehyun placed his arms around Youngjae and pulled him close. “I’m sorry okay? I will treat you instead. But. You need to beat me on a race towards the ramen shop.”

    Upon hearing this, Youngjae elbowed his gut before running like his life depended on it. In the end, Daehyun paid for everything they ate.

 

Youngjae finally acquired the last bit of gold he needed so he could buy the item that he wanted for his avatar but when he had his thumb hovering on the screen to click ‘buy’, his phone warned him that his battery is not enough to remain playing the game. It crashed. He inwardly cursed and grabbed his charger. 

It was dark but he knows where he puts his things so the task was a piece of cake. But the next one was pretty challenging. He closed his eyes twice so he could at least adjust to the darkness even for just a bit. He could see a blur of the white outlet on the wall on his right but he could not tell where the ports were. But that’s not going to stop him from plugging his charger anyway. With confidence, he attempted to plug it like it was daytime but failed. He twisted his body on his bed and tried once again. He failed. He could turn on the lamp on his bed side table or he could use his phone for some light but his pride won’t let him. He twisted his upper body a little more and tried to imagine the exact location of the ports inside his head while he stretched his limbs above his head. But he failed again. He sighed and rested his sore neck. 

His phone glowed before it rang. It was Daehyun.

He hesitated a bit but he answered it anywa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter