If It Does Not Fit, Take It Out

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Brushing his teeth without even eating lunch isn’t very unusual for Youngjae to do especially on days with multiple deadlines. And today is that special day. Three deadlines to meet and one growling stomach to shush. He had only managed to get himself a cup of coffee since morning but he couldn’t focus on his work because his mouth feels uncomfortable. The annoying feeling added to his grumbling stomach finally made him grab his key and marched towards the locker room. He needed a thorough mouth cleaning. 

He was trying to unlock his locker with much effort but the damned thing doesn’t work. He slammed his palm on the metal plate in frustration. 

“Of course your key won’t work because that isn’t your locker, is it?”

Youngjae’s heart felt like it suddenly grew twice its size upon hearing someone’s voice from behind his back. The key that he was holding jumped out of his hand and fell on the floor. And he only watched in horror as it slid right under the three layers metal locker. 

He turned around to find out who the bastard was. 

Jung Daehyun. 

“What the hell are you doing here?” he barked right away. Daehyun could not be using the lockers on their building. It would be stupidly stupid. Youngjae thought as he waited for the man’s answer with his arms across his chest.

Daehyun raised his brows. “I was looking for you.”

Youngjae didn’t want to ask why the guy was looking for him. He didn’t want more headaches. “Then why did you sneak in here without making any sound? You scared the hell out of me.” Stories about a girl weeping in the locker rooms occupied Youngjae’s mind every time he enters there. It’s impossible that Daehyun haven’t heard that story once or twice. He must have done it on purpose to scare him.

“I did not. I’m sure that the door made a pretty loud sound when I came in here. I was about to call your name but then I noticed that you were trying to open a locker that isn’t yours with pure concentration.” Daehyun pointed at the initials written on top of the locker next to Youngjae. “KMS. That’s not you right?”

Youngjae looked at the thing that Daehyun was pointing at. True. It wasn’t his. The next one was his. He sighed. That’s why the key didn’t work. “I-I didn’t notice,” he murmured under his breath. “Anyway get out of here and wait for me at my office if you need something.” He bent down on his knees and tried to find where his key went. But he couldn’t see a thing. He inserted his hand in the dusty gap anyway and tried to feel where the key had gone. He moved his hand and swept the floor but he still couldn’t find it. Sweat started to form on his forehead and palms and he could feel his knees slightly shaking. He was so hungry he swore he’s going to eat the damned key if it doesn’t show itself soon.

“Please ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter