Forgiveness

Maturity

 

Eunji felt very uneasy, at the thought of Naeun marrying someone else. Especially when, it was a man. She hurriedly took out the phone from her pocket, swiped it across and headed for her contacts list, but froze upon seeing Naeun's name. She had wanted to call her, question her, interrogate her but then, she was afraid. Afraid that she will hurt her again. It still remained vividly in her mind, when Naeun cried in front of her during that time at their apartment. When she slammed her fists hard on the table and realised she had done the worst thing possible, it was a memory that continued to haunt her for months. 

"." The girl cursed in her mind as she stormed out of the Son Corportations building, knowing fully well that being in there longer, would cause her blood to boil. She always had issues with her temper and it was difficult controlling it. It was the same thing with her drinking habits. She had never knew that she was such a violent girl. Perhaps, that side of her scared Naeun and it was the cause of their divorce. It was all her fault. She couldn't help but blame herself.

Wanting to find a way to dissipate her anger first, she called the person that came into her mind.

"Hey, are you free? Let's have lunch or something together."

"What's wrong?" The girl asked over the phone, noticing Eunji's sudden change in tone. 

"No questions. Just answer me Bom-ah."

"Alright. Let's meet at my restaurant. You need to calm down." said her best friend before hanging up.

Luckily, it wasn't packed today as Eunji and Bomi managed to have a private corner while Chorong was busy handling the restaurant. The girl explained everything that happened after her divorce with Naeun. She was aware of how pissed her best friend was, when she told her the news. But there was nothing she could do, because it was their decision. Yet, she came back again, explaining her regrets, her pains and her yearning to have her heart again. It was frustrating, suffocating.

"Eunji-ya." Bomi said as she looked straight into her eyes. "You asked to get a divorce. You should be the one to fix it." The girl was straight-forward and didn't like to run around the bush. It was probably why, Bomi was sometimes a good person to turn to for advice because her comments weren't sugar-coated and on point, no matter how much it hurt.

"I overheard the employees talking. Her father's planning to arrange a marriage with another CEO's son for business purposes. ." 

"Well, what are you doing here sitting around?"

"Bom-ah, it's not like I can just barge in and-"

"This is the mess you created, . Clean it up before it gets worse!" shouted Bomi in frustation.

"Bom-ah, don't be so harsh to Eunji. She's going through a hard time." scolded Chorong as she eavesdropped their conversation whilst in the kitchen. After all, she was concerned.

"Have you talked to Naeun ever since?" asked Bomi with a sigh.

Eunji shook her head as she lowered herself, eyes on the table. 

"You ing coward. Where did the brave and bold Eunji that I knew went? Where was that girl who was so persistant in winning the high school's beauty? That girl who fought over the boys, did everything she could just to impress her, where is she? Look deeper inside Eunji-ya. You can't give up like that." Bomi said as she pointed her index finger towards Eunji's chest.

Although her words were quite rough, but it knocked the senses in Eunji's head. What was she thinking? If she was in this state right now, how ashamed would her former self be? Bomi was right and there was still time left. It's not too late, to turn it back.

All of a sudden, the girl stood up from her seat and started walking towards the door.

"Where are you going Eunji-ya?!" 

"To get my wife back!"

Hearing those words, Bomi smiled widely. Her friend was finally back. The Jung Eunji is here.

"You ought better! I deserve a meal paid by you after all this!" joked Bomi as she sighed in relief.

 

 


 

 

Quiet sobs filled the bedroom as Namjoo stood frozen, trying to process the words Hayoung had just said.

I'm sorry that I cheated on you.

The girl was flustered. There were a range of emotions exploding her mind, feelings of rage, confusion and betrayal. She had never felt her heart ache this much, as if it was crying inside. But as she looked at her wife who was crying in her arms, she couldn't get angry at her. In the end, she was a baby in her eyes and she blamed herself for creating such a ual beast who couldn't control her lust. She ruined the precious maknae's innocence from the start.

Raising her hand upwards, Hayoung flinched as she was ready to get hit. To get a whipping cold slap from her. But instead, her hands headed to cup Hayoung's swollen cheeks and pulled it towards her lips. It was a soft, gentle peck but it was enough to calm the trembling girl who was more confused than ever.

"It's okay." Namjoo said in a soft tone before caressing her hair. "Tell me what happened."

Hayoung was surprised, her eyes widened as she had expected her wife to get hurt, to be upset, to throw a fit and hit her, punch her, slap her for the sins she had commited.

"When you were still sick, one of your nurses asked me out for a drink. I complied and all of sudden, I found myself in her bed. I don't even know what the happened, I can't believe I ing.." 

"You had a one night stand with her while you were drunk. That's what you were trying to say right?" asked Namjoo calmly, trying to decipher the maknae's messy words.

Hayoung simply nodded, still feeling guilty as she avoided eye contact. Yet, she didn't want to remove herself from Namjoo's warm embrace. Wrapping her arms tightly around her wife's waist and tucking her head in between her shoulders, she didn't want to move because despite her guilt, she still missed her so much.

"Is that why you have been avoiding me all this time?" asked Namjoo.

Hayoung could only nod, while tightening her grip. It was as if she didn't want her to leave despite everything that she done. Almost like a puppy who didn't want its master to go.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. It was just an accident." said Namjoo with a bitter smile, carefully tracing her fingers down Hayoung's hair to fix the drabbles all over her face.

"Unnie....I'm sorry.....I won't ever do it again......I'll never drink with anyone else except for you...and Eunji unnie.....and Naeun unnie....and.."

"I know. You don't need to say everyone's names. I know." said Namjoo with a light chuckle, finding it adorable. It reminded her of the once, cute and innocent high schooler that she fell in love with. Perhaps, some things never change.

"Come on. Let's go and wash the mess on your face. You look ugly." smiled Namjoo as she pulled the girl to the toilet, never letting go of her hands.

"But aren't you going to get angry?" pouted Hayoung as her eyes were still shaking in fear.

"Well, can't cry over spilled milk. The damage is already done." sighed Namjoo. "But at least, I'm always the first and last person that you would , right?" The girl joked, hoping to make Hayoung smile again. And it did.

"You don't have to put it that way." said the younger girl, breaking into a laugh in the midst of her cries.

 

 


 

 

Returning to her room, Eunji didn't really had a plan. Or rather, she never really had one in the beginning. She was the type who would follow her instincts rather than being strategic. Taking her phone out, she gathered her courage as she clicked on Naeun's contact, dialing her phone. Her heart was beating rapidly as she listened to the several beeps through the line. She was ready, there was nothing for her to lose. Whatever that happens from now on, Eunji didn't care. Her eyes were all on asking for forgiveness, asking for a second chance, asking her to accept her heart again.

Will she pick up?

Right before the last beep, the line went through.

"Why are you calling me?" was the first thing Naeun said. It was filled with such an icy response, it could pierce someone's heart.

"Let's talk." said Eunji.

"We have nothing to talk about."

"I do."

"I'm busy."

"Let's meet up."

"I'm overseas."

"When you're back."

There was silence after the exchange of short answers between the former wives.

"Fine." There was a sigh. "Meet at my apartment at 3pm tommorow."

"Oka-" Before Eunji could even complete her sentence, Naeun hung up on her.

Despite the cold responses, the girl looked on things positively. The fact that Naeun gave her one more chance, was the tiny little hope that she could take. She was no longer who she was now.

The Jung Eunji from high school, was back.

 

 


 

 

Night had fallen and it was time for rush hour. People flocked to the chicken feet restaurant as it was dinner time and certainly, no breaks for the married couple.

"Irene! Go and clean table 21!"

"Irene! Go and pay table 15's bill!"

"Irene! The food for table 2 is ready!"

"Irene! Go and take these customers to table 9!"

Strangely, Bomi had been very active in ordering the new manager around. This was unusual of her but the girl always had a grim expression whenever the beautiful girl was around. What's more suspicious was that, she only ordered her around when her wife, Chorong was busy in kitchen and not aware of what she was doing. Even the part-timers themselves had no idea why Bomi had this feeling of hatred towards Irene. However, Irene on the other didn't seem to bother with the extra workload. She was actually very happy to do so.

"Hey Bom-ah, what are you doing sitting around?" asked Chorong as she stepped out of the kitchen to get something from the restuarant fridge.

"Irene's doing all that." Bomi answered coldly, pointing towards Irene who was running around the restaurant.

"Bom-ah." said Chorong lowering her tone. She didn't like how her wife was behaving lately. It was almost as if she was dealing with a 5-year old kid. "You shouldn't abuse your power as a boss like that." she scolded but Bomi only crossed her arms with an angry pout.

"Hmph. You're always praising Irene and never me." The younger girl mumbled.

"What?!" Chorong had to pause for a moment to calm the sudden rush of anger. "What are you, a kid?" she sighed.

"Hmph." said Bomi as she turned her head, while still staying put in her seat.

"Gosh. You- never mind. I'll talk to you later. There's customers around." sighed Chorong, keeping her anger inside as she decided to focus on work.

Aftere closing hours, Chorong did her usual summary of comments before letting the part-timers leave, including the new staff member, Irene.

"Sorry Irene for letting you go through the trouble. I don't know why Bomi is behaving like that to you." Chorong whispered.

"It's okay. It doesn't bother me that much." Irene smiled.

"Do tell me when she's disturbing you okay? Sorry for causing inconvenience."

"No, no, don't worry about it Chorong-ah."

"Ahem." Bomi cleared loudly, cutting their conversation short.

"What do you want Bom-ah?" asked Chorong, giving a sharp, cold gaze to her wife.

"Nothing. Hurry up, let's go home. You should leave too, Miss Irene-ssi." said Bomi, turning to Irene with a rather, fake, forced smile.

"Right. I'll take my leave now. See you next week. Have a great weekend!" bowed Irene, still smiling brightly as she soon, left.

With the couple all alone, anyone could tell the anger boiling inside Chorong.

"What the hell is wrong with you Bom-ah?" scolded the older girl as she crossed her arms, refusing to move anywhere until the younger girl spoke.

"I just don't like her, that's all." said Bomi coldly.

"Just because you don't like her, doesn't mean you should be treating her like that."

"She's so touchy and friendly with you, I saw it with my own eyes." Bomi mumbled but it was so quiet, that Chorong heard that.

"Are you jealous?!"

"Huh. I've never seen you all smiley at work before? What the heck do you guys talk about in the kitchen? You two keep laughing as if you're in your own world, you never do that to me!"

"Bom-ah.."

"You like her don't you? Did you bring her in just so you make me suffer? Do you like watching me in pain?!"

Chorong was well-aware of her wife's possessive habits but she didn't know it was this bad. It was never her intention in the beginning.

She had been keeping in close-contact with Irene since they attended the same college but recently, she had been kept with so much debt that she was struggling from family problems. Almost having to lose her own home, she was trying to find a place to start anew while searching for a job to be financially stable. That's when, Chorong helped Irene out and accepted her to work at the restaurant.

The older girl wanted to explain the whole story to her, calmly and slowly. But Bomi was obviously not in a mood to listen. Once she opens , Bomi would immediately filter those words as "nags" and not information.

"Let's just go home and talk about this." sighed Chorong, knowing this wasn't the right time to tell her.

"So it's true. You're doing this to torture me huh? I see where this is going." Bomi said coldly, forming her own conclusions as she suddenly stood up from her seat.

"Where are you going?!"

"Don't come after me. Maybe you'll know the difference when I'm gone." The younger girl exited the restuarant by herself, walking up to the path that didn't lead to their house.

Chorong didn't chase after her. The girl knew Bomi so well that she was certain that she was just going off to the Han River and cool her head off. It was always the case because this wasn't the first time this has happened before.

 

 


 

 

With morning arriving within a blink of an eye, Namjoo and Hayoung were curled up together in bed, comfortably tucked in their blankets while still stuck within each other's embrace, fully clothed. The older girl had already forgiven her actions, even though she did feel quite bitter about the thought that Hayoung slept with someone else, but an accident is an accident.

"Morning baby." mumbled Namjoo, waking up her wife with a gentle peck down her neck.

"Morning Joojoo unnie~" mumbled Hayoung as she returned back the kiss, before rubbing her eyes. She didn't realise how swollen her eyes were from crying so much, last night.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast today?" The girl asked.

"Mm maybe just a simple sandwich would do"

"Surprisingly, your comments aren't today."

"I made a resolution unnie."

"What?"

"I'm going to control myself. I know it's bad for my own sake so I'll promise to control my ual desires. I don't want that to ever happen again."

"Mm, you have to promise me Hayoung-ah." said Namjoo, leaning her face towards Hayoung's neck.

"Promise." vowed the younger girl.

It was a good lesson learnt and Hayoung was thankful for the forgiveness she had recieved. She didn't deserve such a kind wife because it was just more reasons, to fall in love with her, even more.

 

 


 

 

Waiting at the entrance of her former house, Eunji walked around restlessly outside the empty corridor, wondering when Naeun would appear. Constantly checking the time, she often took deep breaths to calm herself. She was ready to do anything in order to beg for her forgiveness. Even if she had to kneel on the floor or comply to whatever that she needed, the girl was desperate. The thought of Naeun marrying Lee Taemin itself, was the strongest factor to keep her will of fire burning. She was desperate to stop that from happening.

It was then, she heard footsteps of high heels, echoing the hallway. It was Naeun. Dressed in her long, black dress and still donning her $3000 sunglasses, it was clear that she had been enjoying herself in luxury after heading onto business trips with her father.

Eunji on the other hand, stood frozen as she saw her walking from afar, slowly getting nearer and nearer. She gulped. Not because she was finally here, but because she was too hot.

", control your damn hormones Jung Eunji! This isn't the time to be doing that!" The girl cursed in her mind.

"You're here early." said Naeun coldly as she unlocked the door.

"O-Of course, I didn't want to have you waiting."

Entering the living room, it stayed exactly the same as it was. Nothing changed. Their wedding photos were still framed, Eunji's favourite sleeping doll was still lying on the sofa, fresh with her scent and polaroids of their dates back in high school were still present. Naeun didn't throw them away, which surprised the older girl.

"So, what do you want?" sighed Naeun as she looked at her with a cold gaze, crossing her arms.

"Look Naeun-ah. I'm sorry. It's my fault. It has always been my fault. Our marriage broke down because of my mistakes. I was so focused into trying to impress your father at work, that I didn't even notice how harsh I was, treating my very own wife like a tool. I am ashamed for what I have done, the pains that scarred you, the insults that I threw at you, I can never erase them. I'm sorry for shouting at you, I'm sorry for hurting you, I shouldn't be acting like that to my own wife. I really shouldn't." explained Eunji as she lowered her head in apology.

"It's too late. The damage has already been done."

"I can change. I promise!"

"You always say that but it never happens."

"That's because I was foolish and stupid! I was so blinded that I didn't even consider your feelings! Look, I haven't been drinking ever since I returned to Seoul and ever since our divorce, I've never gone to nightclubs just to satisfy my ual needs. I promised myself to be a better person. A better person for you!"

There was silence after that.

"Naeun-ah. I love you. I love you so much that I feel like I could die. I realised that, I can't live without you." said Eunji approaching her former wife slowly. Slowly, she reached out for her hands. When Naeun didn't push her away, Eunji placed her into her warm embrace, never letting go. She had no idea how much she missed, hugging her, wrapping her arms around her ant-size waist and just sniffing the scent of her hair. She missed everything about her.

"I hate you." Naeun mumbled. "I hate that no matter how much I try to run away from you, I still miss you so much, you stupid." She said in frustration as tears flowed down her cheeks.

Eunji smiled upon hearing that. Her words itself, clearly determined her victory. In the end, her wife still couldn't forget about her, despite their divorce.

"You're a fool and I'm an idiot. It's the more reasons why we can never be apart because, we're both so stupid for each other's love." said Eunji as she leaned in for kiss.

A kiss that asked for forgiveness. A kiss that yearned her never-ending love for her.

 

--

 

A/N: Good job Eunji, you won back Naeun's heart! Hajoo's made up safely but now, Chomi's starting to struggle. Bomi, stop being so possessive and falling to jealousy so easily. Thank you for reading~ I'll update soon and well, next one will be [M] rated chapter. I guess it's pretty obvious whose turn is next, right? ;) And thank you so much for 13 votes! Wow! I'll work hard so that I won't disappoint you! ^^