Heartbroken

Maturity

 

"Naeun-ah, why can't you do this properly?! I told you to submit the finance applications but instead, you went and sent in the list of our shares!" scolded Eunji in frustration as she hit the desk. Naeun flinched as she could only look down. She wasn't in a good condition these days and to make it worse, her own boss, her own wife was shouting at her. It hurt her even more when Eunji didn't apologize and acted indifferent afterwards like it was nothing.

"What took you so long? Were you in the toilet? Were you chatting with the co-workers again? We're in hurry right now!" 

"I had a stomachache."

"Either way, because of your problems, you've delayed us a lot. Hurry up." 

Naeun's heart fell after hearing her words. Where did the once, kind Eunji she knew back then went? If only the her from high school was here, she would've gotten worried sick and would choose her over work. But the girl now, was such a workaholic and treats her own wife like an employee. It upsetted her even more, when she was at home being used for purposes and later just tossed aside like garbage. Eunji never shown concern over her feelings and her own thoughts. The only conversations they had were business-related, nothing else. The girl who used to crack up random jokes or cook up beautiful compliments were long gone. The Eunji she knew, was no longer here. She was nothing but just a stranger, and a toy.

 

"What the ?" The lawyer was speechless upon hearing the word "divorce" coming out from . The lawyer was none other than the couple's good, old friend, Oh Hayoung.

"Stop asking questions and do your job." said Eunji, not saying much.

"Have you gone ing mad?" said Hayoung in shock.

"You heard it. Just do your job Hayoung-ah." said Naeun as she lowered her head.

"Fine." The younger girl sighed as she went over her drawers, taking out pre-prepared contracts as she started typing in her laptop. She then prepped papers out from her nearby printer and asked the two to fill in their details, just like any lawyer.

"If both of you agree to sign on this contract confirming your divorce, the two of you will be free and no longer be regarded as spouses." said Hayoung as the two girls signed without any hesitation. That made Hayoung even more worried. She wondered if it was really the end for them, who seemed to be like strangers to each other now.

"Alright. With these documents signed, we're off to another problem. It's the inheritance issue."

"I spoke to Naeun's parents already. I'll resign from my position as vice president and give everything to her. I will hold nothing in the Son Family anymore." said Eunji to which Hayoung looked at her, arching her eyebrow. It was an unexpected decision. The girl knew that Eunji worked so hard to earn the respect of her in-laws and was next-in-line to become the CEO of the powerful company. How could she just let all of her blood, sweat and tears go to waste? Was it all for Naeun? Hayoung couldn't stop pondering.

"Alright. What about your property? Where will the ownership go now?" asked Hayoung after typing in the information onto her laptop.

"Like I said, I'm passing every single thing to Naeun. I'm not going to have a single cent in this." said Eunji, speaking the whole time while Naeun simply went quiet.

"Okay. Please come back tommorow while I'll have the confirmation ready." said Hayoung.

"Thank you, Lawyer Oh. I'll get going now." Those were the only words Naeun said as she left quietly like the wind, leaving Eunji behind.

"Unnie." said Hayoung as she stood up from her seat.

"I ed up."

"You sure ing did. Fix it." said Hayoung as she crossed her arms.

"It's too late."

"You'll never know until you try."

"Forget it, it's over. I'm going to start a new life by myself and you aren't going to stop me." said Eunji leaving the room.

"Don't come running back to me when you start changing your mind. I know you still love her, unnie." said Hayoung, watching the door slam behind her.

 


 

It had been another busy day for the chicken feet restaurant run by Chorong and Bomi. Customers flooded  during lunch and dinner, there was no time to rest and surely, they were under-staffed. It was just the two of them and two other part-timers, working to serve an average of 60 customers a day.

"And that wraps up today." said Bomi as she turned the "OPEN" sign to "CLOSED" at the door before heading to where her wife was, at the cashier calculating the profit earned today. Their two part-timers had already left and it was only the married couple left behind.

"100....200....300...." mumbled Chorong as she meticulously counted each and every note.

"How much did we make today unnie?" said Bomi as she wrapped her arms around her waist, placing her head over her shoulders while observing her. It was her favourite position whenever she was alone with her wife.

"The usual. I mean it's not like we live a fancy life like Eunji and Naeun. We make enough just to live by."

"And that's what I intend to live like." Bomi smiled. "I didn't know a week passed by so fast, it's Saturday again tommorow."

"Why? You have plans?"

"No. It's been awhile, let's get drunk." winked Bomi as she went to the fridge and took out two bottles of soju.

"What's with you all of sudden?" said Chorong as she raised her eyebrows in suspicion.

"Nothing. I thought we should relieve our stress by drinking since I can't y'know do "that" with you." said Bomi as she placed the bottles on the table.

But obviously, Bomi had a plan. And it was to get her wife drunk, for a reason.

Bomi knew Chorong's weak point. Although her wife secretly liked alcohol, she wasn't the type to get wasted and her drinking habits, are pretty bad too. The younger girl knew exactly that and kept pouring drinks while keeping her occupied with random conversations(which is Bomi's speciality). It worked.

"Aigoo, because you kept avoiding alcohol that's why it's easier for you to get drunk unnie~" smiled Bomi, who purposely didn't drink much as she brought her half-unconcious wife back home, while making sure that the restaurant was properly locked of course. Carrying her to the bed, the girl sighed as she didn't think that she would have to find it out using such a sneaky method.

'Bom-ah..." mumbled Chorong in her half-concious state, flinging her arms around the bed. "It's hot."

"Don't worry unnie. You won't be that hot anymore." said Bomi as she moved her hands along Chorong's blouse, slowly ing it as she bit her lip. "I'm so sorry that I have to do this." 

Tightly grabbing onto her blouse, Bomi slowly opened and undressed her wife. That was when she saw, what her wife had wanted to hide all along, the secret as to why Chorong never wanted to see her .

"Is this why you're so afraid?" mumbled the younger girl to herself as her hands gently caressed the scars along Chorong's waist, that proceeded to stretch all the way to her thighs. "You fool." said Bomi.

It broke her heart. To think that her wife was hiding such thing from her, because she was afraid of her own body. She was not confident in flaunting her body because of the scars. Although Bomi had no idea where these scars came from, the girl had a hint because back in high school, Chorong wasn't just the president of the student council but also a member of the Hapkido club.

With her secrets finally revealed, Bomi could rest easily a little although her heart was broken. One side of her wanted to take this chance to embrace her wife's rare bare skin while her other side wanted to put her clothes back on and act as if nothing happened. She was having an internal struggle by herself, the girl who had been ually frustrated could've used her chances now but the good won over. With a deep breath, Bomi put a new set of clothes over Chorong and carefully settled her into bed.

Her wife would wake up the next day with a terrible hangover and will have no idea that Bomi undressed her that night, just to find out about her hidden scars.

 

 


 

 

It had been over two weeks since her divorce with Naeun and regrets were already taking place. Eunji had disappeared to her hometown, Busan, running away from the bustling Seoul city as she took the time to clear her mind. But, it wasn't helping. Living back with her parents and cutting all form of contact with her friends. She wanted to stop using social media or electronical gadgets and lived traditionally. Taking her mind off things, she did what she casted away to become the vice president of Son Corportations. It was singing.

Dusting off her old guitar, Eunji took it to the streets and started busking. It had been a long time since she had done such an act but she didn't care. She needed something to let go of her weary, her pain and her regrets.

Naeun on the other hand, seemed to have taken the harder blow. She had been holed up in her now, empty apartment block, wrapping herself in bed as she sniffed to the remaining scent of Eunji amongst the blankets. She would cry herself to sleep everyday and refuse to step out of the house. Luckily, her best friend Hayoung stopped by and saved her from almost dying of starvation. Hayoung knew her best and knew that she would be in the worst state ever.

"You don't have to be here Hayoung-ah. Go to where your wife is." said Naeun weakly as she stared into a blank space.

"I would but she's too busy with work. At least, I can take a day off to look after you. Namjoo can't do that." said Hayoung.

"Thank you....I just..."

"Don't be like that. Just take it easy." The younger girl smiled. It was reminiscent of their high school days again. Her comforting Naeun seemed like a very familiar scene.

"Unnie, I know she isn't a jerk. Why don't you talk it out with her?" The high schooler asked while wiping Naeun's tears away.

"She doesn't love me." Naeun mumbled as she curled into a ball of depression. Just a few days ago, she had spotted Eunji hanging out Seungyoon, one of the Busan transfer students. They were very friendly, often walked arm in arm together as the boy would casually ruffle her hair while the girl would laugh brightly.

"I'm pretty sure he's just a close friend. There's no way he can get so friendly with her all of sudden right? You shouldn't jump to conclusions unnie." Hayoung advised, knowing that Naeun likes to summarize things on the point.

"You sure?"

"Of course. Try asking her."

In the end, it turned out that Seungyoon was Eunji's childhood friend from Busan so obviously, the girl was more than ecstatic to find out that he has joined the same high school as her. When Eunji realised, she found it adorable because she never thought that the beautiful Son Naeun would fall for jealousy too.

But this was a much more complicated situation compared to back then. Hayoung couldn't help her other than being by her side.

"Unnie. I'm going to ask you a question and you have to answer it honestly, with all your heart." said Hayoung in a serious tone.

Naeun nodded.

"Do you love Eunji?"

There was silence. Naeun froze. She was confused. She wasn't sure if these feelings of sorrow were from her broken heart or simply that her life had now underwent a huge change.

"I'll give you some time to think. Hold on, Namjoo unnie is calling me." said Hayoung as she headed out to the living room to take the call.

All alone, Naeun was lost. When she was with Eunji unnie, she felt nothing in her heart. But with her gone, it was as if her heart was shattered into pieces. It made it worse. Perhaps, things were better if they didn't file for divorce. Maybe they could've fixed their feelings before deciding to go their seperate ways. Either way, it was too late. It's not like Naeun could beg her to come back, she wasn't a girl like that. When a decision is made, it will be done. There's no turning back.

 

 


 

 

"Is Naeun unnie alright?" asked Namjoo in worry after recieving a text from her wife that she was going to pay a visit to Naeun's house after her parents called her, saying that she wasn't picking up her calls.

"She's quite shaken up, quite pale and definitely mentally unstable. But it's okay, I've fed her some warm food and I'm trying to calm her down." said Hayoung.

"Ah, that's a relief."

"Don't worry about me. You taught me first aid so if anything happens, I'll save her!"

"Huh, I highly doubt that."

"Come on unnie! This isn't the time to tease around!" pouted Hayoung with a whine.

"Sorry, it's just that it's been awhile since I've teased you." laughed Namjoo.

"What time are you coming back home?" asked Hayoung over the phone.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm going to work overtime tonight. There's too many patients today." Namjoo replied with a sorry tone.

"But you're always saying that..." The younger girl mumbled in a whine.

"I miss you too but sometimes work calls for desperate measures. Sorry, the staff are calling me. I gotta hang up now, see you later at home Hayoung-ah." Hanging up the phone, the girl sighed as she looked out at the window. She wondered how long this was going to continue, is this the result of their future?

Returning back to where Naeun was, the girl sat down on the bed.

"So, have you decided?" Hayoung asked to which Naeun nodded in response.

"I'm going to forget about her."

Hayoung's eyes faltered at her answer but she accepted whatever her choice was.

"Alright. I know just the perfect thing we can do to ease your mind." smiled Hayoung.

"What?"

"Let's go have fun at the arcade!"

"Hey, you're just doing this for yourself aren't you?"

"No unnie, trust me, you'll feel better afterwards. Come on!" said Hayoung with excitement as she dragged Naeun along to the nearby arcade.

 

 


 

 

Bomi had her head against the cold table, eyes fully focused on her wife who was busy washing the dishes. Ever since the day she discovered her scars, there were a lot of things going on in her mind. Things that she wanted to ask her, things that she was curious about, things that she worried about, it was making her uncomfortable to the point where she would often have trouble sleeping at night.

"Bom-ah."

"Yes?" replied Bomi as she lifted her head upwards.

"Are you okay?"

"O-Of course! What do you mean?"

"You know, you're a terrible liar."

"A-Ah, really?" laughed Bomi nervously.

"What's on your mind Bom-ah?" asked Chorong in a gentle tone, wiping her hands at the towel before moving towards the table, sitting down in front of her.

"Um..." The younger girl gulped. She didn't expect to be caught this fast. "Ah whatever, I'm ed anyway."

"But you're going to get mad at me."

"Am I not always mad at you?" sighed Chorong. "What did you do this time? Did you break the plates? Extort money from our part-timers to get a drink?"

"None of that..."

"Then...."

"I......" The girl paused with a gulp. "I saw your scars." Bomi said as she took a deep breath, closing her eyes tightly shut as if she was ready to get beaten.

"I see." Chorong said cooly with a nod.

"E-Eh? You're not going to get mad at me?" asked Bomi, her hands in between her face as if getting ready to block any incoming attacks.

"I won't. But." Chorong's "but" had the girl's heart racing with fear.

"The night I got drunk, did you do something to me?" 

"N-No way! I just wanted to undress you and see what was underneath. I didn't like do anything else weird! Promise!" The girl swore against her palm.

"Fine. I kinda expected that I would have to explain it to you one day. After all, we're married. We shouldn't hide secrets from each other."

Bomi nodded while waiting for her wife to explain further.

"That scar isn't any kind of scar. Someone...tried to me before." the girl said calmly, as if she had already prepared her heart for this moment.

Never before had Bomi felt her heart falling. It was as if it fell from the highest building in the world and crashed upon landing. A strange rush of emotions went through her head but what was more prominent was, anger.

"What the ." said Bomi, her gazes changed as her fists clenched together.

"I was only a middle schooler back then and these boys from the high school next door thought it would be fun to play around with an innocent little girl. So they did the worst thing ever and I was scarred for my whole life. That's why I still feel scared, having to go through that again. I'm sorry Bom-ah, for not telling you earlier."

"Where are those bastards now?" growled Bomi, as if wanting to kill and rip them apart.

"In jail. Maybe executed. Who knows? My father knew the whole story and you know how he's a police officer. Obviously, he wasn't going to take this case lightly."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through all that." said Bomi, her anger slowly dissipating.

"It's okay. I was just an innocent little girl who knew nothing about the world. But I should be saying sorry Bom-ah."

"Why unnie?"

"It's not that I don't want to have with you. I would and love too but the trauma is preventing me. I want to work hard to overcome it but I don't think I can do it."

"I'll help you unnie." said Bomi boldy.

"What do you mean?"

"It's easy." the girl smiled. Chorong looked at her with confused eyes as the younger girl came over.

"Like thi-" said Bomi as she suddenly placed her hand over Chorong's clothed and immediately, she recieved a whooping, stinging slap across her face.

"A-Ah! Sorry Bom-ah! I just suddenly-" said Chorong, realising what she had done as she grabbed her cheeks.

"I-It's okay, it's all part of the plan don't worry" smiled Bomi as if the pain was nothing. 

"You don't have to do this."

"I will. I will do anything to lose my ity for once!" said Bomi as she did the same thing again, only to recieve a kick across her chest.

It was a crazy plan but it really something only Yoon Bomi could come up with.

Well, good luck on trying to bang your wife, Bomi.

 


 

Night had fallen deep and Hayoung just dropped Naeun back to her home after an exhausting yet fun time at the arcade. She was happy to see her unnie smiling so brightly as they played all sorts of games, from shooting to basketball and even winning a prized teddy bear. It was overall, a good day and the girl hoped that Naeun would feel better. Although she didn't really like the idea of her friend's divorce, there's nothing she could do. She shouldn't be poking her nose into the business of other people because she has her own problems to take care of. 

Arriving to her apartment home, she sighed while lazing onto her couch, scrolling through her phone as she waited for her wife to come back. She always waited for her, no matter how early or how late it was.  

Checking the time, it was 2am.

It's okay, she probably just finished work.

Looking at it again, it was 3am.

Maybe something happened at the hospital like a patient suddenly had some problems. I'm sure she'll come back.

With sleepy eyes, she turned her head to the clock. 4am.

Hayoung proceeded to dial the phone number of Namjoo.

One beep. Two beeps.

No one picked up.

Getting worried and uneasy, Hayoung was afraid that something might've happened. What if someone kidnapped her while she was in the carpark? What if someone mugged her? All kinds of possibilities went through her mind. Getting out of her seat, she decided to drive to Namjoo's hospital to personally check on her. But before she could do so, there was an unknown number calling her.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Kim Namjoo's wife?"

"Yes."

"Please come over to Seoul National Hospital right now. Your wife has contracted a disease after getting it from a patient."

"On my way." Hayoung hung up immediately and ran to her car.

 

---

 

A/N: Will 2eun really be this tragic? When will Chomi ever have their chance on doing it? And Hayoung, your wife is in trouble! A lot of things are happening~ I will update soon~ Thank you for over 50 subscriptions! I didn't think that this story would've gotten so much attention ;_; and reading all of your comments are really fun! Oh and don't worry about the lack of [M] scenes, there will be one in the next chapter heh~