Chapter V

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji's pov

The cold air in seoul greeted me, I finally arrived after a long flight. My got tired from sitting too long and my back hurts from sleeping in the plane, it was uncomfortable. 

I searched online for the nearest hotel from the airport before grabbing a cab. As soon as I enter, I positioned myself and was about to nap when I remember something. 

'Pabo'. I forgot to inform minhyuk about my arrival so I grabbed my phone and called him. After a few rings, he answered.

"I'm already here in seoul." I said, not letting him to talk first.

"What?!" he shouted at the other line.

I would be deaf by now if I didn't put away the phone from my ears on time. "I said I already arrived."

"Ya! I told you to call me before you leave not only after you arrive!" he said still shouting but not as loud as before.

"Sorry, I forgot. I'll just text you the address of the hotel that I'll be staying, see ya." and hanged up first. He'll just scold me if I didn't. Sometimes I wonder if he's really a man, how can he be so talkative and nag me like a mom?

I eventually arrive at the hotel and checked in. I threw my things at the side and jumped on the bed. This is really nice, I decided to just lie down for a bit and plan to arrange my belongings later.

 

I was awaken with the sound of the bell, I didn't notice that I fell asleep. Who could that be?

Oh, right. Minhyuk will visit me here. I stood up and went to open the door to let him in.

The moment he entered, I quickly put my index finger in his lips, shutting him up before he can even talk.

"Calm down, okay?" I said looking at him.

He is usually cool-headed but I think he loses his temper whenever I'm around. 'Well, it can't be help. He will be beside me forever so he needs to know how to handle it.'  I thought smirking in my head.

He inhaled deeply and exhale the air to calm himself down. 

"Alright. How was your flight?" he said in a gentle voice when he finally calmed down.

"It was fine." 

"By the way, how about your business in new york? Who will handle it?" he asked when we reached the living room.

"I already stepped down on my position. They can handle it." I replied lying once again on the couch.

"What?! Then how will you make a living here?"

"You need to feed me, I'll lean on you. My savings will be gone cause I'll use that to pay for the house." I replied again while smiling so big at him.

His eyes automatically widened and his mouth gape opened. 

"Just kidding! Ofcourse I'll be still getting money from the company, I'm still the owner. I just want to enjoy my stay here in korea, since I will be here for good." I said then laughed out loud at his reaction. He looks hilarious.

"Seriously. So you're slacking off now because you'll be getting money even if you don't work?" he said when he regain back his composure.

"Don't tell me that I'm slacking off when all I ever did in my entire life was to study and work my off. That's why people left me." I said while smiling sadly.

Tears were suddenly forming in my eyes but I immediately blinked it away, not wanting him to see it. To see that I'm still hurting.

I'm a strong woman, but I'm not brave enough to let others know my weaknesses because I don't want others to look at me with pity in their eyes.

Minhyuk must have felt the sudden change in the atmosphere as he quickly changed the topic.

"I'm sorry."

"Anyway, I need to leave cause I have to take care of other things." he added.

I nodded at him but before he can leave, he turned around to look at me. I can feel that he wants to say something, but he's hesitating whether to tell me or not.

"What is it? Tell m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter