Chapter XIX

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years ago

Three days after minhyuk found eunji lying on the street in new york, she got discharged and immediately went back to her apartment. The doctors were actually worried about the girl's condition as she still needs to rest but she was too stubborn. They let her go but with the guide of minhyuk in case something will happen.

The man drove her back while she was just blankly staring at the window, they actually haven't greeted each other properly yet after meeting for a long time but he just leave her alone because he knows that she was going through something.

Eunji was too occupied at her thoughts that she still doesn't recognize minhyuk's presence. She went inside her apartment leaving the man outside the door.

She immediately went to every corner of the place hoping to find chorong. She was wishing that all was just a dream, but it isn't. With heavy steps, she entered their share bedroom and lie down to the bed where they made almost half of their memories together.

She cried in silence but what breaks her heart the most was when she sat up and opened the drawer at the bedside table.

Inside was a paper folded in half and a ring beside it. Their wedding ring. She picked it up and brushed her fingers upon the cold metal while reading the paper with her heart shattered into million of pieces. 

She's not really going back.

 

 

Back to present

Chorong's pov

I was astounded. I left it three years ago and I thought we're already divorced.

"H-How.." I was at loss for words.

All this time, I'm still married to her.

"I've been contemplating it for a long time. I know that we got together for a short time but I also know that our love was deeper than of others, or so what I thought." she said looking at me.

She stopped for a moment before continuing, "It's the best gift ever, right?" she said forcing a laugh.

"Why didn't you file the divorce paper?" I said with my hands trembling holding the paper.

"Because I still love you.

Even if you left me without saying goodbye.

Even if I almost lost my mind thinking about you.

Even if I almost died wanting to see you.

And even if I wandered around the world trying to find you!

I didn't, I couldn't and I wouldn't stop loving you!

I can't live the way I wanted to. I wasn't happy. 

 

I felt empty.

 

Because when you left, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter