Chapter IV

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came, finally bomi and chorong had a goodnight sleep.

After their long day yesterday and last night, they were able to sleep peacefully knowing that they won't have to work today. The firm doesn't work on weekends, except if there's an emergency. They have to attend and solve it quickly.

"It's our rest day, we should meet up with them." Chorong said while preparing the breakfast. Bomi doesn't know how to cook so she's the one who handle the work in kitchen everytime she's in the younger's place.

"Alright. I'll call them." she answered while reaching for her phone.

She immediately found the person in her contacts with the name Nangnie~ with a heart emoticon at the side of her name and quickly dialed it.

She waited until the other line answered.

"What?" the other line greeted her.

"Why do you sound so annoyed early in the morning?" 

"Because you called me. You disturbed my beauty sleep!" Naeun shouted on the other line.

"Aw, You're mean! I'm sorry, okay?" bomi apologized with a pout on her face even if the other won't see it.

"Anyway, just want to inform you that chorong unnie wants to meet up today. You're both free right?" 

"Okay then. Let's meet up at six later. Inform namjoo unnie, I'll inform hayoung. I'll hang up now, I need to go back to sleep. Bye." the line was cut off as Naeun quickly dropped the call.

Bomi is already used to her bestfriend. They know each other since college, and they know each other the longest in their little circle of friends.

 

Chorong went home after eating at bomi's house and rested again. She woke up just before their meeting time so she hurriedly prepare herself and went directly to their meeting place.

They decided to spend their night together in a small tent that serves food and alcohol near the han river. It was warm inside opposite to the cold weather outside because winter is coming soon. 

The girls started to became comfortable and found a seat a bit far to the counter.

"Ahjumma, 5 servings of teokbokki and 5 bottles of soju here please." bomi shouted politely, just enough for the old woman to hear.

"Are you trying to get wasted?" Chorong asked.

"I won't take care of you unnie. I will leave you in the road if ever you pass out." Naeun whose tired taking care of her bestfriend whenever they drink outside. Bomi loves to order a lot of alcohol but she can't drink too much because she can't handle it. Once, she passed out just on her fifth glass.

Namjoo and hayoung were just shaking their head and laughing at their now sulking unnie.

"Unnie, just drink one glass." hayoung said while her eyes are on namjoo. The latter can't drink too just like bomi but she was worse. She can get drunk just by the smell of it, and you won't like when it happen. She acts like a crazy woman when she's drunk, mumbling things and talking to no one. Hayoung was really embarassed that time, people were staring at them but namjoo won't just stop. She really wanted to leave but her care and protectiveness over her unnie prevailed.

She would close her eyes everytime she remembers that experience. 

It was a nightmare.

 

They didn't wait for too long as their order came quickly.

"Tell me now what happened in New york unnie." hayoung said after they started eating.

"That's right, I forgot that you went there. How was it?" Chorong asked.

Bomi and namjoo were busy eating as if they're in a competition but their ears are on naeun.

"Before I came back, I actually went to a club to relax because I was really exhausted in work. There I met a, well.. a stranger." naeun started her story.

Hearing this, the girls attention is now fully on hers even namjoo and bomi, gulping down the food and focused on Naeun.

"She was alone. I'm not a person to approach others first, you know that right? but I did. Something was pushing me to talk to her. So, I went to her and I'm glad that she was still sober."

"Is she pretty?" bomi asked cutting Naeun's words.

"Yes, she is. Bomi unnie! Don't cut me off. I won't tell you if you do it once more." Naeun threatened her. Bomi raised both her hands up, giving up and made a V sign to the girls now glaring at her.

Naeun continued after making sure that bomi won't interrupt her again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter