Chapter 2

Don't Wanna Cry

Once on stage, they were welcomed with screams coming from the audience and it seemed to get slightly louder as Seungcheol and Jeonghan stepped out, arms still around each other and goofy smiles on their faces. The fans seemed to love the small interaction so Jeonghan decided to milk the moment and lean in closer to Seungcheol, whispering something into his ear that wasn't all that important but the reaction it got from the audience was more than worth it. Their fans loved it even more, if their cheers were anything to go by, and Jeonghan smiled at that. Seungcheol laughed too and Jeonghan wasn't sure if it was from what he had said or from the crowd's excitement  but Jeonghan realized that he didn't care and just focused on Seungcheol's happy expression. He leaned in one more time and the fans went crazy.

It seemed that Joshua and Mingyu had noticed what Jeonghan was doing too because they lightly shoved him as they walked by, teasing Jeonghan that he was blushing. Jeonghan promised himself to smack them later and got into position for their first song. 

"Rock" began to play and Jeonghan walked in formation, following the choreo and singing the lyrics in his head until it was time for his part. Despite the rain, the overall performance for their first song went by smoothly. No one slipped or fell and Jeonghan was thankful for that. He made sure to keep an eye out especially for Minghao and Dino since they always put their all into their dance steps but luckily everything was fine. It may have been because Rock didn't require such complex footwork compared to their other choreographies but Jeonghan didn't care. He was just happy that s were fine and that his fans were happy. 

After Rock was over, the members then all formed a line facing the crowd while Seungcheol gave a quick introduction. It was colder than expected with the wind and rain blowing in their faces and Jeonghan had to force a smile on his face as a particularly strong gust of wind rushed by. He wondered if his other members were feeling just as bad as he was under these conditions but when he looked around he saw no sign of such a thing. If they were then they didn't show it and instead put on their brightest smiles. He felt something warm in his chest grow and he couldn't help but adore his teammates even more. Seeing them smile like that for their fans reminded him of why he was on stage himself and so he decided to pick himself up and wave for the cheering fans as he listened to Seungcheol hype up the crowd. And after a few seconds of loud screams, the members all rushed into their positions on stage and waited for their next song to start. 

"Mansae" started and the fans' cheers erupted. Everything was going fine and Jeonghan was even surprised that no one fell during the jumps, except for Seungcheol who almost slipped when he landed but he seemed fine as he laughed it off with Vernon. With that part being his main worry, Jeonghan felt as though he could relax a little and actually enjoy performing knowing that if they continued like this then they could walk off stage completely unharmed. However, Jeonghan's moment of relief was short lived at Mingyu slipped twice during the chorus. Mingyu played it off looking like he was okay but Jeonghan was worried if the other had hurt his ankle in any way. 

It went downhill from there. Woozi and Wonwoo also slipped and Mingyu even fell one time and got up quickly trying to go on with the performance like nothing had happened. It was times like these where Jeonghan really wished the staff for these music shows would be a little more considerate of the idols and the conditions they were asking them to perform in, and not to mention having the audience stand in the cold rain for such a long time but he knew thinking like that would just get him angry. At the end of the day it was all about money and as long as no one got seriously injured then nothing would change.

Thankfully the song finally ended and everyone looked like they were ready to put this performance behind them. They were cold and tired and they all had poorly masked expressions that screamed disappointment. Mingyu especially looked like he was scolding himself and Wonwoo put a comforting arm around him, probably telling him that it was okay and that it happens to everyone. The members all waved to their fans, trying to look as chipper as they were when they had walked out and waited for the staff to direct them off stage. Jeonghan heard that strange sound again that reminded him of creaking metal and was about to walk towards the stairs to leave the stage with Seungcheol and Jun when he noticed Dokyeom still waving enthusiastically to the fans. He went up to the other and placed his arm around the younger, pretending to wave with him when he was really just ushering him to join the others. 

Just as they were walking, Jeonghan heard another strange sound and before he knew it, he was shoved in the opposite direction along with Dokyeom and they both fell down. Jeonghan wasn't sure what happened and when he looked forward to see who had pushed them, he saw what looked to be a lighting scaffold that had crashed right into the spot where he and Dokyeom had previously been standing only moments before. And when Jeonghan looked a little closer, he could've sworn he saw Seungcheol lying there underneath the thing. Blood on his forehead and very unconscious.