Chapter 1

Don't Wanna Cry

It was raining. Why the hell was it raining? Usually it didn't bother him because he liked the gloomy weather. It was relaxing in a way and the rainy weather usually helped to take away some of the stress that came with being an idol.

But not today. Not when they were scheduled to perform in a few minutes and Show Champion had decided that today would be an outdoor performance.

It had started off as a light drizzle but as the night continued, it became heavier and more concerning....but not concerning enough for the entire show to be canceled. The staff had assured all the idols that a little downpour shouldn't hinder their performances and that it was completely safe. They had said that the worst they would have to worry about was slipping on stage and that they should be careful as they sing and dance. Even the managers told their respective groups to not worry about the weather and to just focus on putting on a good show for their fans. And that seemed to be enough for most but there were still a few that had their doubts. Call them overly cautious if you must, but a lot could go wrong in these situations and no matter how many times you've performed under these conditions, even the best and most experienced could get injured. 

Seungcheol seemed to share these thoughts with Jeonghan because with just one shared look and a simple nod, Seungcheol took on his role as "leader" again and gathered the other kids in a small group. They all huddled around each other and Seungcheol began his speech about being extra careful and to always put their own well-being above the performance.

"I don't care if we've performed in the rain before and you think we're well prepared for this. The wind out there is pretty strong tonight and the stage is already slippery since it's been raining for quite a while. Just be careful and if you must, then maybe go easy on the choreo." The others tried to protest but Seungcheol cut them off with a single look and they all nodded their heads in agreement. 

"And don't make your movements too powerful or sharp since you might slip and break something...maybe we shouldn't even do the jumps?" Seungcheol then turned to Hoshi, as if asking for his approval of the idea. 

Because no matter what, Seungcheol was a fair person, and even if he was the oldest, he still took everyone's thoughts into consideration. And he felt as though Hoshi had the biggest say when it came to the choreo of Seventeens' performances. Jeonghan smiled at this and watched as he saw the gears spinning in Hoshi's head.

The performance team leader was staring at the current group performance on stage, which was thankfully VIXX who were known for their unique choreographies, and then turned back around to face Seungcheol but with his eyes closed, probably visualizing how their own performance would play out on the slippery stage. And after a few moments Hoshi opened his eyes and smiled. 

"Hyung, we should be fine. I admit the jump may be a little risky under these conditions but as long as we don't get too excited and we watch our steps, there shouldn't be any problems."

Seungcheol broke into a child-like smile after being reassured by their young choreographer and everyone else couldn't help but to smile with him. His innocent smile really was contagious and it even managed to ease Jeonghan's worries about the stage. If Seungcheol believed that everything would be fine then Jeonghan would too.

Because Jeonghan trusted their leader and he knew nothing would go wrong as long as Seungcheol was looking out for them. 

Jeonghan was brought out of inner thoughts when he heard the cheers from outside get louder, indicating that the group before them had just finished their performance and were clearing out. Meaning that soon it would be Seventeen's turn. 

The others seemed to notice this too because the younger ones were getting more excited while Seungkwan and Dokyeom did some final vocal exercises to prepare their voices for their high notes. Joshua had taken a spot next to Jeonghan and he began talking about the practice sessions for their next Special Video that Pledis was planning for them. Jeonghan was trying to pay attention to his friend, but he kept his eyes on the stage. Above all of the noise, he could've sworn he heard something that was not right. Almost like metal bending. He tried focusing a little harder to find the source of where the noise was coming from when he felt his arm being grabbed.

He turned to his side and found Joshua giving him a concerning look.

"Dude, are you okay?"

Jeonghan wanted to say no. That he was having second doubts about going on stage. But he knew he couldn't. He knew he was probably being paranoid and he didn't want Joshua, or anyone else, to be unnessecarily worried like he was being right now. So he just smiled.

"Yeah, I just thought I heard something weird. It was probably just the wind outside."

Joshua didn't look convinced but then a staff member came over to them and told them to be ready in a few moments. And after thanking the man, Seungcheol gathered the kids up again and held out his fist in the center of their little circle with his thumb sticking out. The others did the same, grabbing onto to each other's thumbs as they waited for Seungcheol to give his final pep talk before they would step out. 

"Just remember to be careful and to watch out for yourselves and each other! You absolutely cannot get hurt or injured tonight. It doesn't matter if you hold back on the moves, because I'm sure our Carats will understand. Understood?"

They all chimed a yes and Seungkwan even joked that Seungcheol was really acting like a dad and that if he didn't watch it then he would start to grow grey hairs from constantly worrying over them. Seungcheol faked an angry expression and they all laughed and Jeonghan and Dino even patted Seungkwan on the back for lightening up the mood.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes and exaggerated annoyance before shouting "Fighting!" and they all broke apart, heading towards the stairs of the stage. The kids all filed out and Jeonghan and Seungcheol were left at the end of their line. Jeonghan then felt an arm around his shoulder and turned his head slightly to see a smiling Seuncheol with all his dimples. 

"For fanservice." Was all the man said, as if that was all the explanation needed. 

And it was. Jeonghan immediately smiled at his leader's childish ways and leaned a little closer to him, feeling safer and more assured by the small gesture. They both laughed softly and walked out on stage together, ready to put on a show.