Chapter 16

Don't Wanna Cry

"Woozi?"

"Jeonghan? What are you doing here?" The younger asked, shocked to see his hyung in Seungcheol's house.

"I...I promise I have a good explanation for this....just let me think of one first." Jeonghan said as he shifted on his feet, nervous that he had been caught.

"Alright, well while you think can you let me inside. It's pretty cold and Bumzu hyung made me get out of the car to ring the doorbell while he sits inside the warm car."

"Bumzu hyung? What is he doing here?" Jeonghan asked, even more confused now.

"Who do you think drove me all the way over here? We have some new demo's created and we wanted to let Seungcheol have a listen, maybe create some verses...he did say that he was almost done with his parts for one of the songs so I thought while I collect that, I might as well let him get started on the others."

Jeonghan just nodded as he stepped aside and let Woozi in. The younger signaled towards the car in the driveway and a few seconds later, Bumzu was rushing to get inside. When the door slammed shut Mrs. Choi came out to greet them.

"Oh, Woozi dear, I'm so glad you could make it! Jeonghan told me about how most of you were feeling a little sick so that was why you couldn't come with him these past couple of days but I guess you're feeling better. I'm so glad!"

Jeonghan's face became even more red as Mrs. Choi accidentally let Woozi know about his secret visits. Woozi turned towards Jeonghan with an amused look on his face and Jeonghan shrunk more into himself, wishing that the floor would swallow him whole.

"We were sick?" Woozi asked, loving the expression on Jeonghan's face.

"Shut up!" Jeonghan hushed before he dragged Woozi into the kitchen. "Look, I know this looks bad but-"

"Y'know, now that I think about it, you told our manager that you were gone for personal reasons."

"It was a personal reason!"

"The note you left on the fridge in the dorm said that you were going grocery shopping." Woozi replied.

"...and I did!" 

"In Daegu?" Woozi said, not knowing whether to be shocked or to laugh.

"Mrs. Choi wanted to get some ingredients on the way home from the hospital." Jeonghan said in a small voice, hating that he was caught and feeling extremely guilty for lying in the first place. But after hearing Jeonghan's small confession, Woozi understood why Jeonghan left to begin with.

"Jeonghan, you know we wouldn't have cared if you were going with Seungcheol to the hospital by yourself as long as you told us the truth. Maybe we could've helped cover you so like this doesn't happen. What would you have done if it were one of the higher ups that came instead of me?"

"I know but...I didn't want to risk anything. Those jerks at Pledis have already been on my case for always visiting Cheol and I didn't want them to yell at you guys too if they ever found out. This way, I'm completely held responsible and you guys would be free from any of the consequences."

"Whether they yell at us about that or something else, we're still going to have to deal with their bull. I just wished you would've been honest with us from the start."

"I'm sorry Woozi. I promise I'll be honest with you and the rest of the members in the future. Can you forgive me?"

"Buy me a yogurt and I'll think about it." The younger said with a smirk and Jeonghan agreed with a laugh, knowing that he was already forgiven.

The two boys were about to leave the kitchen when Woozi suddenly remembered something and stopped Jeonghan in his tracks by gently tugging on his arm. 

"Jeonghan, you haven't told Seungcheol anything about how Pledis is treating us, have you?"

"I was tempted to, but I didn't. Why? Did anything else happen?"

"Nothing yet, but Minghao and Jun were called in again and our CEO said that they weren't allowed to leave the practice room until they'd perfected the dance routine they were working on."

"What? He can't do that! What if he ends up keeping them there all night?!" Jeonghan said, feeling worry rise in him for s.

"I don't think they'll be there that long. When I talked to Jun on the phone he said that they had most of the chorus down so they should be done with it before the end of the day."

Jeonghan didn't look convinced so he reached for his phone to call on of his Chinese members but Woozi stopped him.

"Calling them is pointless. Our dance instructor confiscated their phones when I was talking to Jun. I doubt they gave them back yet."

Jeonghan sighed in frustration as he put his phone back in his pocket. "Remind me again why I'm not allowed to tell Cheol about any of this?"

"Because you care about him and you want him to focus on himself."

"Yeah, but I also hate hiding this from him."

"So you don't want to lie to Seungcheol but you're perfectly fine with lying to the rest of us and sneaking out to see him."

"Ya, you said you would forgive me for that! Forgiving also means not bringing it up again!" Jeonghan pouted.

"I'm just pointing out the difference. I guess things really are different between friends and boyfriends."

"Seungcheol isn't...Ya, Woozi!" Jeonghan said, his face turning completely red the thought of Seungcheol being referred to as his boyfriend.

"I'm actually really glad I caught you today. You're crazy little act just gave me an idea for a new song."

"Lee Jihoon!"

"I think I'll call it 'Crazy in Love'" Woozi said with a smirk

Jeonghan wanted to say something back but before he could think of anything to say, he heard his name being called by a sleeping Seungcheol from upstairs. He followed the voice and Woozi followed closely behind him. When they reached Seungcheol's bedroom, the other was lazily getting up from where he was laying on the bed. His hair was ruffled and his face was slightly puffy from the nap. He looked adorable and Jeonghan couldn't help the smile that came on his face.

"Looks like sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up." Jeonghan said playfully.

"How long was I out?" Seungcheol replied with a yawn, rubbing his still tired eyes.

"Not that long actually. But long enough for me to open the door and find this one outside. Look who came to visit you." Jeonghan said as he pulled Woozi out from behind him.

"Woozi!" Seungcheol's entire face lit up. "I wasn't expecting you today. Are you here for the lyrics I wrote?"

"Yeah," Woozi replied. "I know I should've called to let you know when I was coming but things have been busy so I completely forgot....Jeonghan mentioned that he went with you to the hospital this morning. Are you okay?"

"Yup! Just a routine check up. Turns out I'm doing way better than what the doctors expected and I can return to work in about a years time!"

"That's so great Seungcheol! And as soon as you return we can have our come back! Finally!" Woozi said excitedly. "Hyung, this come back is going to be the best one yet! We've all been working so hard on it and...wait...you said one year?"

"Yeah....is something wrong with that? I know we have our comeback to think about but a lot of groups go way longer without having one....but now that I think about it, I guess I've been holding everyone back. Is our CEO mad?"

"No...It's just..." Jeonghan could tell Woozi was already thinking about how he would explain this to their CEO but the longer he dwelled on it, the more Seungcheol had time within those few moments to sense that something was wrong.

"I think Woozi is just shocked with how well you've been doing Seungcheol. Really. We're so proud of your progress and 1 year will pass just like that. You should just focus on yourself." Jeonghan said smoothly, catching Woozi giving him a grateful smile for covering for him.

Seungcheol didn't look convinced so Jeonghan attempted to distract the other by sitting down next to him on the bed and reaching for the notebook that was on his side table. Jeonghan was about to open the notebook when Seungcheol snatched it out of his hands.

"What? Seungcheol! I wanted to read what you came up with!" Jeonghan said, now reaching for the book.

"No way! You're not allowed to read them!" Seungcheol said while a blush crept up his neck.

"Why not? You'll let Woozi read them but not me?"

"Exactly! Woozi, catch!" And then Seungcheol thew the notebook passed Jeonghan and Woozi caught it just before it could fall on the floor.

"I'll read them someday Cheol. I'll figure out which song it was and I'll rub in your face when I figure it out." Jeonghan said with a pout before laying his head down on Seungcheol's thigh.

"Angel, what are you doing?" Seungcheol asked in amusement.

"You and Woozi are going to be talking about song making and rap lyrics which, as we've seen before, I can't really help with. And since you'll be busy, that means you won't be able to entertain me."

"So you're solution to your boredness is to use my leg as your pillow?"

"Yes, I had to wake up super early to make it for your appointment and I haven't had my daily nap yet. So I'm going to use your giant thigh as my pillow and take my beauty nap."

"Oh boy, if it's a beauty nap you might wanna sleep for a couple of hours." Woozi said which earned him a pillow thrown towards his face by Jeonghan. 

Seungcheol just laughed as he sat on his bed playing with Jeonghan's hair. The older seemed to love tugging on the short, soft blonde strands and Jeonghan would playfully swat his hand away, but Seungcheol would just poke his cheek or rub his shoulder before playing with his hair again. It was distracting and Jeonghan found it hard to fall asleep with the other doing that, but even so, he refused to get up from his spot, loving the attention that Seungcheol was giving him. 

Eventually he did fall asleep because he found himself being nudged awake by Seungcheol who told him that Woozi and Bumzu were leaving. Jeonghan wanted to tell Seungcheol that he could stay longer but the older would think it was weird if he didn't leave with the producers. So Jeonghan got up slowly and was about to get off the bed and leave the room when Seungcheol suddenly grabbed his arm.

Jeonghan looked down at his wrist in Seungcheol's hand and looked at the other quizzically.

"You're not going to...." But Seungcheol's words seemed to die in his throat. He looked nervous for some reason.

"Seungcheol?"

"Nothing...it's just..."

"Seungcheol, I'm going to know if you don't tell me." Jeonghan said, sounding much like a mother.

"...A goodbye kiss." Seungcheol said in such a small voice that Jeonghan almost missed it.

"...oh" Was all Jeonghan could say, still trying to make sure he heard the other correctly.

"You know what...forget I said anything." Seungcheol said, mistaking Jeonghan's lack of response as something bad and getting ready to hide himself under his bedsheets to save himself the embarrassment. But just before he could dive under, he felt something soft and quick against his cheek. He suddenly looked at Jeonghan's face and saw the other standing closer to him with a smile on his face.

"Seungcheol, I didn't know you looked forward to my kisses." Jeonghan said and Seungcheol could even hear the amusement in the other's voice, clearly enjoying every second of this.

"Well...you do it so often, I thought it had become a habit for you." Seungcheol said as an excuse. But Jeonghan knew him better and the younger now wore a -eating-grin on his face.

"Seungcheol, do you perhaps enjoy my kisses?"

"Ya! Don't get so full of yourself!" 

"Cheol, you're so cute!" Jeonghan said as he sat back down on the bed. Seungcheol tried to scoot away from him but Jeonghan didn't let him get too far. The younger boy then grabbed Seungcheol by his cheeks and placed a hard kiss on his cheek, making sure to make a loud kissing sound as he did so. Seungcheol whined into it and tried to push the other away but Jeonghan knew the other enjoyed it since he was laughing like a child. When Jeonghan finally pulled back, he had a large smile on his face while still holding Seungcheol by his cheeks.

The two boys laughed as Jeonghan squeezed Seungcheol's cheeks together and Seungcheol attempted to make funny faces. 

"Oh, my Seungcheol is so cute!" Jeonghan said as he let go.

"My Seungcheol? Since when am I your Seungcheol?"

"Since just now. I already have a baby, a fool and a cutie in Seventeen. Now I have my very own Seungcheol." Jeonghan said matter of factly.

"I don't think it works that way. Besides, I don't think Carats will appreciate you hogging all of the members."

"Actually, I think Carats will love me more for it. I'm giving them more fanservice and shipping material."

"If only they knew the biggest Jeongcheol shipper was you."

"Nope, that's definitely you, Cheol. Almost all of our moments are initiated by you. Admit it, you adore me."

"When have I ever denied it? You are my angel~" Seungcheol sang the last part which cause them both to laugh.

"You're such a dork, oh my god."

"But I'm your dork, right?"

"Nope, you're my Seungcheol. We just went over this." Jeonghan said, poking Seungcheol's arm as he spoke.

"Whatever, I thought you had to leave. Aren't Woozi and Bumzu hyung waiting downstairs for you?"

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"And if I said I was?" Seungcheol replied cheekily.

"Then I'll take back the sweater I gave you." Jeonghan said and then pretended to look through Seungcheol's closet to find his sweater.

He was about to pull it out when Seungcheol got up from the bed and rushed to take the sweater back, which resulted in him wrapping his arms around Jeonghan's middle. Through their playing, they somehow ended up with Jeonghan trapped in Seungcheol's arms between the older boy and the wall of Seungcheol's bedroom. 

"Ya, Cheol. Let me go. Woozi is waiting for me downstairs."

"Promise you'll leave the sweater." And when Jeonghan shook his head playfully, Seungcheol started to tickle Jeonghan's sides, making the other squirm in his hold.

"Cheol!" Jeonghan laughed as he tried to get out, but he knew he couldn't be too rough with the other like they used to be so he found himself forced to submit and stay stuck in Seungcheol's arms as the other tickled him. "Okay! Okay, I'll let you keep the sweater!"

When Jeonghan finally surrendered Seungcheol stopped his tickle attack and Jeonghan was able to relax in his hold. The younger brought his fists up to Seungcheol's chest a lightly drummed them against Seungcheol's upper body while Seungcheol just smiled down at him. Then Jeonghan stopped for a second and quickly pecked Seungcheol's cheek again which caused Seungcheol to chuckle.

"You're awfully affectionate today."

Jeonghan just shrugged his shoulders in response, not really looking at Seungcheol's face and then he continued to lightly hit the other's chest with the side of his fists. And when he was bored with that, he slid his hands up Seungcheol's chest until his arms were around his neck. He gently scratched the back of Seungcheol's nape and the other boy closed his eyes in pure bliss.

"What are you going to do when I leave?" Jeonghan asked in a quite voice, not wanted to disturb the peaceful environment that had been created by the two of them.

Seungcheol took a moment to answer as he was still enjoying the pleasure that was created with Jeonghan's magical hands. But eventually he did open his eyes and then he shrugged his shoulders. "I'll probably work on the new exercises that my doctor and physical therapist gave me. Should I work on my arms or my legs?"

"Whatever you feel like doing. Just don't push yourself too hard."

Seungcheol could see the worry on Jeonghan's face and he couldn't help the chuckle that came when he saw Jeonghan bite his lower lip. He leaned forward until his forehead was resting against Jeonghan's and then he spoke softly. "Angel, I'll be fine. You worry too much sometimes."

"I know, but I can't help it. I worry about you, I worry about the kids. I just want you all to be mindful of your own wellbeing." Jeonghan replied, tightening his hold on Seungcheol and bringing him a little closer.

"And that's why you're the mom." Seungcheol teased, leaning even closer.

"Yeah, well you're the dad." Jeonghan said, but for some reason it came out as an almost whisper.

The two boys were so close that only a few inches separated their lips and they could feel each other's breath against their skin.

Jeonghan was the first to let his eyes slip closed as he threw all rational thought out the window and let his body move on it's own. He was leaning closer to Seungcheol ever so slowly and he could almost feel the other's lips on his own.

But just before they could touch, they heard the door being opened which caused them to jump apart.

"Hey, Jeonghan, I-" But Woozi forgot what he was about to say as he say Jeonghan and Seungcheol standing a few feet away from each other with their eyes wide open in shock and their faces burning red. "What's going on?"

Damn you Woozi.

"Nothing, Jeonghan was just leaving." Seungcheol said a little too quickly as he stood there awkwardly.

"Ye...yeah. Woozi, what were you saying before?" Jeonghan said after finally coming back to his senses.

"I was just going to tell you that I claim shotgun in the car." Woozi said before leaving again, not being able to shake off the feeling that he had walked in on something.

When the younger had left, Jeonghan and Seungcheol were left standing in their spots, not moving or saying anything, not really knowing what do next.

"I...I guess I'll be going then." Jeonghan said, breaking the ice first.

"Yeah...be safe on your way home." Seungcheol replied.

"Okay...well...bye."

"Yeah, see you."

And then Jeonghan left the room. As he made his way to Bumzu's car parked on the driveway, the few moments before Woozi had walked into Seungcheol's bedroom kept replaying in his head over and over again and Jeonghan didn't know whether to squeal in excitement about what could've been or to sigh in frustration about what didn't happen. 

So instead he decided to rest his head against the window of the car and try to get some sleep, already storing the happy memories that he had made with Seungcheol earlier in the day to the back of his mind, knowing that they would be his escape when he returned to Seoul to face the hell that he called his company.

 


This chapter was kinda short but it was full of Jeongcheol moments so hopefully that's okay. I had some free time on my hands and I really wanted to write something down for this fic. Let me know what you guys thought! What did you think of the almost kiss? LOL tbh I originally thought about not adding that scene in since I'm really bad at writing that stuff but I did anyway and now I'm kinda nervous about it >.<

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this chapter! I can't even begin to explain how happy it makes me that you guys like my story.

Also...shameless self promo: I've started another Jeongcheol fic (I'm crazy, I'm know) and I would really appreciate it if you guys could check it out. It's a highschool au and all I can say is that it's gonna be awesome LOL Here's a link to it --> The Bet 

Please do check it out!!

And yeah, that's all for now!! Bye!!