Chapter 20

Don't Wanna Cry

It had been about a week since Seungcheol had his meeting with his boss...it had also been about a week since he had cut off all ties with his childhood friend. Seungcheol remembers feeling bad about letting his anger get the best off him and taking it out on Ara, but that thought only lasted for half a moment. He knows that having a short temper and more irritability were side affects from his accident and he had been trying his best to keep himself in check, but the more Seungcheol thought about it, the more he realized that he would've done the exact same thing even without his shortened temper. Ara had said some horrible things about his precious members and there was no excuse for that. And there was also the fact that she was also using his injury as an excuse to win him over, which was still a little outrageous in his opinion, and he had to admit that he was a little hurt that she actually tried to use his vulnerable state like that for her own advantage. The more he thought about everything, the more he was sure that he had made the right decision that day and he planned to stick by it. No matter how many times the girl texted and called, Seungcheol would ignore all of them and he had even told his family not to allow her inside the house because she was no longer welcome to him.

She had crossed the line and that was that. But on the other hand, what Ara had said about Jeonghan had really stuck with him, not the insults...he had gotten rid of those horrible things from his mind almost immediately. But the implications behind her words are what really stuck and they kept Seungcheol up into late hours of the night on more than one occasion. Ara had almost made it seem like Jeonghan actually liked him back, and she was always quite perceptive about these things. Could it be true? Did his angel really return his feelings? The feelings that he's had for so long? It seemed like a dream and Seungcheol didn't want to get his hopes up too high, but just the thought of it was beyond nice and it gave him hope. Maybe he could finally win the younger boy over...maybe they could be together...just maybe.

Again, those thoughts consumed Seungcheol as he tried to work on some lyrics that Woozi had told him to work on. He wasn't sure how much time had past since he was stuck in his daydreams but it must have been quite a few since he was interrupted by a knocking on his bedroom door and when he turned to look at his clock, he saw that it was already past noon.

The door opened slowly and in came a joyful Dokyeom, followed by Seungkwan and Hoshi and eventually more people filed into his room until he had 12 smiling faces gathered around his bed. The boys looked much healthier since the last time Seungcheol saw them and they all looked like they actually had a decent night's sleep. Seungcheol was glad. It meant that Mr. Han had kept his end of the deal.

As Seungcheol glanced over the 12 of them, his eyes landed on a certain Jeonghan who was absolutely glowing. Maybe it was the way the sunlight was hitting his face or maybe it was his smile, but either way, Seungcheol felt his chest tighten because my god was the other beautiful.

Jeonghan just couldn't stop smiling, even as the kids were playfully bickering about how each of them wanted to be the first inside the room, Jeonghan just stood to the side and blocked all of that out because he was actually standing in Seungcheol's room, with the rest of s and none of them were exhausted or dealing with some sort of psychological damage caused by mistreatment in their company. They were all normal and happy and completely schedule-free and they hadn't heard a single complaint from the higher ups in days! As far as Jeonghan was concerned, nothing could make any of this better. Everything was falling into place and working out just fine just like Seungcheol had promised him and so Jeonghan felt like that was more than enough reason to smile like an idiot just like the way he was doing now. 

Jeonghan wasn't stupid and he knows that Seungcheol must have done something for their CEO to suddenly change his plans for their album preparations and Jeonghan had every intention of asking Seungcheol just what exactly he had done, but now wasn't the time. Not when the kids were so happy and they were all finally together in what had seemed like ages. No...he would ask about it all later, when it was just the two of them and Seungcheol could be free to open up without having to worry about worrying the kids. And whatever Seungcheol had done, Jeonghan would make sure to thank the older boy properly and make sure that the leader knew just how much whatever it was that was done was appreciated.

"Well...are you just going to stare at us or are you going to say hi?" Jeonghan teased.

"I'm just...shocked. What are you all doing here?" Seungcheol asked and Jeonghan couldn't tell whether or not the older boy was feigning innocence or if he was genuinely curious about how they were there.

"Hyung! You won't believe it but we actually have the entire day off! All 12 of us!" Seungkwan said excitedly, practically jumping up and down as he shared the news.

"Really? That's great!" Seungcheol said. "But...it's a Wednesday around noon....we've never really had a free day in the middle of the week before." Seungcheol later remarked.

"I know! It's really weird but for some reason we haven't been given that many rigorous schedules these past few days and we actually have more time for ourselves! It's awesome!" Vernon said, matching his excitement with Seungkwan.

"They must have realized all the hard work we're putting into this and they finally decided to cut us some slack!" Minghao said to which Jun eagerly agreed with. Both of the Chinese members smiling brightly at the thought of their hard work and long hours spent in practice rooms finally paying off. Hoshi also joined in on that celebration and started to boost himself up as their choreographer and then somehow that led to him sharing a new idea he's had for one of their songs and then the performance unit huddled into their own little corner in the room to further discuss the topic.

Those boys...always hard working and trying to improve themselves even when they've been given the day off. Jeonghan just smiled fondly as he watched them from the corner of his eye. It was so good to see them this excited about dancing again...it's like that little break from the mental torture was all they needed to regain their creativity and passion for the art. Good Jeonghan thought.

Jeonghan eventually slid his way next to Seungcheol on the bed and leaned against the other as if it were the most natural thing in the world. He caught a few of s trying to retain a laugh and he felt Seungcheol slightly stiffen next to him, but no one said anything about it. So Jeonghan didn't think anything of it and proceeded to make himself extra comfy and snuggled closer to the older boy. Again, no one said anything and soon Seungcheol also relaxed so Jeonghan remained where he was. 

It was a blissful feeling, until a few seconds later when the two eldest members felt the bed dip on the other side and when Jeonghan stretched his neck, he saw Mingyu trying to cuddle into Seungcheol's other side. It was quite amusing since the other was so tall that he took up a lot of space and pretty soon, Seungkwan, Vernon and Dokyeom also tried to squeeze on too. The four were trying to dogpile on top of each other, bickering about who should get to lay next to Seungcheol and Woozi was off to the side laughing at the scene while Wonwoo watched with amused eyes. Joshua took a seat at the foot of the bed on Jeonghan's side while he also laughed.

It was actually pretty hilarious, especially since Jeonghan could see Seungcheol trying to push them off of him.

"Yah! Only so many people can fit on this bed! Stop! You're crushing me!" Seungcheol whined.

"Then tell Mingyu to stop taking up so much space! I wanted to lie down next to you!" Seungkwan complained.

"But I was here first! And I don't take up too much space!" Mingyu replied

"Are you kidding me! You're a freaking giant! Move! And Vernon! Get off of me!" Seungkwan shrieked. 

"Aw, but there's no other space and you're so comfortable." Vernon teased.

"I don't care! Move!"

"I would but Dokyeom is currently laying on top of me."

"DOKYEOM!" Seungkwan yelled while the other singer just laughed.

The bed literally started shaking with all of them shuffling around and somehow Dokyeom ended up falling onto Seungcheol with his face right in the older's lap. And somehow Vernon landed on top of them both.

"Hi hyung." The Dokyeom said while looking up at the leader with an awkward laugh.

"Oh my god, you're heavy! I'm pretty sure I can't feel my legs." Seungcheol said. He then turned to a laughing Jeonghan and mouthed a 'help' which just caused the other to laugh even more.

"Alright guys," Jeonghan said through his fit of giggles, "Let's not crush our dear S.coups. All of you up and off of the bed." He said in his 'mom' tone.

"But how come you get to stay on the bed with Seungcheol?" Dokyeom whined.

"Because I'm Seungcheol's favorite." Jeonghan said while sticking out his tongue.

"I thought I was his favorite." Vernon said with a pout.

"Nope, it's definitely me!" Dokyeom said.

"No way! It's me!" Woozi chirped in.

"Actually, I think that's me." Joshua added with a small laugh, thoroughly enjoying all of this and not helping the situation at all.

Soon the others were now bickering about that and Seungcheol could only rest his head in his palm while he sighed. Meanwhile, Jeonghan and Joshua were both giggling at the younger members all arguing about who was Seungcheol's favorite dongsaeng. Seungcheol then side eyed both of them before giving Jeonghan a look that said look-at-what-you've-started. 

"Yah! I don't have a favorite! You're all my precious annoying brats and that's that, so stop arguing, you're giving me a headache."

"Sorry hyung." They all mumbled.

"Good. Now Mingyu, get off the bed and go help my mom around the house. She started cleaning today and normally I would help her but my knees are kinda weak today." Seungcheol said (that last part may have been a white lie but it got Mingyu to listen to him without any fuss, and Wonwoo even offered to help...maybe this injury excuse could come in handy sometimes, Seungcheol thought).

"Now, Seungkwan, Dokyeom and Vernon....go out and get some food for all of us. I'm starving."

"But hyung!!!" They all whined.

"Take my wallet." Seungcheol said before they could say anything, and suddenly they were a lot more eager to go. "Don't spend too much of my money, just get something for all of us and maybe we can watch a movie later."

"Sure! Any special requests?" Dokyeom asked while putting Seungcheol's wallet in his back pocket.

"Nah, just make sure you get me some soup but you guys can get whatever you want...and get something for my folks too."

"Aw, such a filial son." Jeonghan teased which caused Seungcheol to blush.

"Yes, sir!" The three yelled and then they started to discuss what food to buy and from where. They looked a little too happy to have Seungcheol's wallet in their hands and Jeonghan could only think about how naive they poor leader was...and how much poorer he was about to be.

A moment passed before Jeonghan broke the silence. "Wait, where did our performance unit go?"

"I think they went into another room. I overheard Hoshi talking about some cool dance video he saw on YouTube." Woozi replied.

Now it was just Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Joshua and Woozi in the room and the two oldest members were doing a terrible job at trying to discretely stare at each other. Woozi had to hold back a smirk and Joshua was doing all he could to suppress a laugh as he watched his two friends. They were crushing on each other so hard...they looked like a bunch of middle schoolers sitting next to their first love. It was both sweet and hilarious to both Jeonghan and Woozi as they continued to watch their best friends. And then, as if a light bulb had gone off in both of their head, both Woozi and Joshua turned to look at each other with matching smiles on their faces. And when they saw each other, they knew that they had come up with the same plan.

"Actually...I don't trust those three to get food on their own...I think I'm gonna go with them." Woozi said but Jeonghan could tell that it was just an excuse and that the younger had ulterior motives for leaving. 

"Yeah...I think I'll go with you." Joshua said not a moment later and that was all Jeonghan needed to confirm his suspicion. Those two were definitely planning something.

He gave a questioning look to Joshua and his friend just smirked at him and Jeonghan immediately caught on. Woozi and Joshua were trying to leave so that he and Seungcheol would be alone together. Jeonghan's eyes widened at that and as he turned to look at his friend leaving, he saw Joshua give him a suggestive thumbs up which caused Jeonghan to blush violently. 

"You two...have fun." Joshua said with a devious smirk just before closing the door. 

Jeonghan was absolutely positive that his entire face was burning red with how much he was blushing. Whoever said that Joshua Hong was a sweet and innocent gentleman clearly didn't know about this mischievous side to the other. Jeonghan would definitely have to get the other back somehow...maybe he should hide his anime posters and figurines...or maybe he could draw on the cover of Joshua's Twilight book. Yeah...that would definitely teach him a lesson.

Jeonghan was interrupted in his scheming when he heard Seungcheol say something.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening...what did you say?"

"I asked how you were doing." Seungcheol said.

"Oh...I'm good...very good." Jeonghan replied.

"Good." 

"So..." Jeonghan said. Way to be not awkward Jeonghan, he thought to himself

"So..." Okay, at least Seungcheol is just as awkward as I am.

"How's the healing going?" Jeonghan asked, just to break the awkwardness between them.

"I'm healing great actually...I even talked to our CEO and I think I'll be returning a lot sooner than expected." Although as soon as Seungcheol said that, his eyes widened as if he had just said something that he wasn't supposed to. Jeonghan sighed.

"You may be able to fool the kids, but not me Cheol. I know you probably talked to our boss after I came here crying that day. That's the only reason why we've been treated like actual people these past few days."

"I never could hide anything from you." Seungcheol said in a small voice.

"Nope, and you still can't. But that's okay because I know you were going to tell me sooner or later...right? I mean especially after that long speech you gave me about us being a team and how we need to be honest with each other." Jeonghan said, knowing that using Seungcheol's own words against him was one of the best ways to get the other to talk.

"Yeah, I had every intention of telling you. I just thought I'd have more time to come up with a way to tell you so that you wouldn't worry as much."

"Why would I worry?" Jeonghan asked.

"Because...I'm kinda switching my therapy routine to something more rigorous and it may or may not put a strain on my body...especially when I get back into dancing."

"You're doing what? Seungcheol, that sounds really risky for someone in your situation. Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, I mean I know what I'm getting myself into and I know I can pull through. I even asked my doctor and even though he didn't recommend it, he said that it would be okay if I did as long as I was careful. I know what I'm doing, angel. Trust me."

"I do...I just....I feel really guilty now. If I had known that-"

"Stop right there. It was my decision and you have nothing to feel guilty about. And besides, I made that decision knowing that my members would be looking out for me. So I have nothing to worry about." Seungcheol said with a smile and Jeonghan couldn't help but to give a small smile back.

"You're damn right we will." Jeonghan said and then a few moments later, he gave a small peck to Seungcheol's cheek. "Thank you...for everything you do for us. We're really lucky to have a leader like you." Jeonghan said sincerely and Seungcheol looked at him with wide yes.

"There's nothing to thank me for. I'm just doing my job as the oldest."

"I know, and I'm just letting you know that you're doing a great job." Jeonghan said before resting his head on Seungcheol's shoulder and snuggling next to him as they sat on the bed.

Minutes passed as they sat on the bed, enjoying the comfortable silence inside the room as they heard some commotion coming from downstairs, probably the members that stayed home messing about in the living room. It was then that Jeonghan realized that there wasn't a certain someone inside the house...and not even a phone call or an annoying text that Seungcheol used to get if she wasn't physically there. Curiosity got the best of the singer and so he slightly lifted his head off of the older's shoulder to ask him where she was.

"Hey Cheol...where's Ara? Usually she's hanging around here whenever she gets that chance. Does she have exams or something?"

"No...I'm not really friends with her anymore." Seungcheol replied, the news shocking Jeonghan.

"Really? What happened?"

"Nothing...she just said some things that I didn't like and we had a fight. It turns out she's not the person I thought she was."

"I'm so sorry Cheol. I know you guys have been friends since you were kids so that must've been hard for you." Jeonghan said, feeling bad for Seungcheol but also a little happy that the girl was finally gone. She really wasn't a nice person and Jeonghan was glad that he wouldn't have to see her around anymore.

"Don't worry about it. I'm actually glad it happened...she was getting kinda annoying with her nagging." Seungcheol joked and Jeonghan had to laugh because Ara was always nagging whenever he saw her around Seungcheol. "Anyway, let's talk about something else."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Not work though, I've been trying to write some lyrics for Woozi and my brain is completely fried. I think I have writers block and just thinking about anything related to music is making me kinda stressed."

"Okay...then let's talk about the kids."

"Really Jeonghan? Gossiping about our kids?" Seungcheol teased.

"Yeah! Come on! I have to tell you about this thing Dino did the other day in the practice room! It was hilarious!" Jeonghan said and then he proceeded to tell his story. Making Seungcheol laugh so much that he was in tears. He then told Seungcheol about all of the funny things that had happened among the 12 members over the past couple of months where Seungcheol was absent and the two found themselves giggling and cuddled even closer to each other as Jeonghan shared the stories.

Somewhere along the way, they started talking about different movies and and k-dramas and that lead to them talking about different characters and which ones they would date and who was close to their ideal type.

"Seriously, Yoo Si Jin from Descendants of the Sun?" Seungcheol asked.

"Yeah, Song Joong Ki is totally hot and his character is so dreamy! He's really protective and strong but he's also kinda funny and he's so cute! Plus that body!" Jeonghan fangirled. "What, you don't like him?"

"Nah. I mean he's a great character but I don't think I'd date him."

"Okay, then what about you? Who would you date?" Jeonghan enquired.

"From DOTS?" Seungcheol asked

"From any drama." The younger clarified.

"Um...Oh I know! Noh Eul from Uncontrollably Fond!" Seungcheol said with a huge grin on his face.

"Wasn't she played by Suzy from Miss A?"

"Yup! One of the reasons why I like the character so much." Seungcheol replied.

"You and your girl groups." Jeonghan said as he lightly shoved the other. "Seriously though, what about the character do you like?"

"Well she has a really cute face. And she's really mischievous. Always pulling pranks on others and she's really smart...like she knows how to manipulate a situation so that it turns in her favor. Oh! And she's also really caring towards her best friend and her dongsaeng. My type of girl if you ask me."

"Your type of girl sounds like she'll steal all of your money." Jeonghan joked.

"Actually, I'd say my description of her kinda matches you." Seungcheol said and Jeonghan snapped his head to look at the other so fast he was sure he'd have whiplash for it.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah...I mean she's a total swindler. Exactly like you." Seungcheol teased which earned him a smack on the arm. "She's also really cute and I think you're really cute too." Seungcheol added and Jeonghan couldn't even try to hide the blush that washed over his cheeks.

"You're being a dork again." Jeonghan said, looking the other way which caused some of his bangs to fall in front of his eyes so he used his fingers to brush the blonde strands out of his face.

"You parted your hair differently." Seungcheol said, taking notice of the slight difference in Jeonghan's appearance.

"Oh yeah...I got tired of it always being parted in the middle. Does it look bad?"

"No. You look handsome either way. The short blonde hair really suits you." Seungcheol complimented.

"Thanks."

"You know, Jeonghan....when I was talking about that character being my ideal type and how I said her personality matched yours..." Seungcheol suddenly started but he never finished his thought.

"Yes?" Jeonghan said, hoping that the conversation would lead into something else and holding his breath as he waited for Seungcheol to continue.

"Well...what I'm trying to say is....I think you're amazing and...well I...I lo-"

"YO YO YO!! Your favorite LA boy, Josh, is back!" Joshua said as he burst through the bedroom door with the Seungkwan, Dokyeom, Vernon and Woozi following behind him, the interruption effectively stopping Seungcheol from saying whatever it was that he was going to tell Jeonghan. Both of the older boys pouted but they cheered up as soon as they caught the smell of the food that the others had bought.

"Look hyung! We bought a bunch of fried chicken and cola!" Vernon said excitedly.

"Yeah! They even had some chicken soup and this sugar-free orange juice for you!" Dokyeom added.

But all Seungcheol could focus on was how many bags of food they were carrying. "How much did you guys buy?" The leader asked, his face suddenly white as he thought about his bank account.

"Don't worry Seungcheol. The lady at the restaurant happened to be an older fan of ours and so she gave us a 10% discount!" Woozi said but Seungcheol didn't feel any better when he counted eight bags full of fried food and another three bags holding bottles of 2 liter cokes.

"Calm down Cheol...breathe." Jeonghan said while rubbing Seungcheol's back, also feeling bad for the older boy's wallet. Seungcheol eventually calmed down and then he told the others to go down and make sure everyone got a plate full of food so that they could enjoy it as they watched a movie. 

When they went down the stairs, Hoshi and Jun were already picking a movie off of Netflix and Mingyu was helping Joshua and Woozi serve everyone some food, making sure to give some to Seungcheol's family first. Seungcheol went to the couch when he realized that he forgot his soup, but just as he was about to stand up and get it, Jeonghan was already walking towards him with his soup poured into a bowl in one hand and his juice opened in the other. He set them down onto the coffee table in front of Seungcheol with a smile before he quickly went to get his own plate of food and coming right back to get comfy next to Seungcheol on the couch while everyone else got themselves sorted. 

The living room was now filled with the Seventeen members and even Seunggil came to join them as they watched the movie while Seungcheol's parents watched the boys fondly from the dining table as they ate their dinner.

The movie passed by with lots of laughs, the members always cracking jokes and having fun with each other. Pretty soon it was over and Seunggil offered to take their dishes so that everyone else could wash up and get their things ready to leave, seeing that it was already 8pm. The members agreed, knowing that they didn't have much time before they had to leave, so they took the older boy up on his offer. They all headed to the bathrooms throughout the house to wash up but Jeonghan was the only one to head for the kitchen.

"Hey, Seunggil. Let me help out. I know what a nightmare washing dishes can be, especially with so many to wash."

"No, really Jeonghan. It's fine! You're a guest in this house."

"Sorry, but your mom said I'm like her son and that means I'm not a guest. Move over and I'll help you out and with two of us working on it, it'll get done much quicker."

"I don't know Jeonghan, it doesn't seem right."

"Ugh, you and your younger brother can never take help when it's offered. Come on, You wash and I'll dry." Jeonghan said, picking up a towel and leaving no room for arguments. Seunggil just laughed and complied. Pretty soon they were half way done and Jeonghan was walking to put a bowl away when he tripped on a bag that was near his feet. He was about to fall forward when Seunggil suddenly caught him by the arm, stopping his fall.

"Be careful." Seunggil said.

"Yeah. Thanks for saving me." Jeonghan joked and then he gave the older Choi a big smile in return. Seunggil remained pretty quiet after that.

It was 30 minutes later and now the members were all filing out of the house, saying their goodbyes and making sure to hug Seungcheol before they left, telling the leader that they'd be back as soon as possible. Seungcheol smiled back and told them that he'd be returning soon and that they wouldn't have to wait that much longer, which caused them all to smile widely with excitement and happiness. 

Jeonghan laughed at their happy expressions and then placed a peck on Seungcheol's cheek before leaving the house himself to get into one of the vans that they had come in.

Seungcheol blushed, never getting used to Jeonghan's small kisses, and then he shut the door. Seungcheol then made it up the stairs when he caught Seunggil walking about of the bathroom and stopping to chat with him.

"Hey, did my little brother have fun today?"

"Yeah, I always have fun when my members are around." Seungcheol replied honestly.

"That's great. I'm glad to hear that...Oh and Seungcheol...you know your friend Jeonghan?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"Nothing...he's just really cute." The older said. "Anyway, night bro." Seunggil said before going into his room and shutting the door.

"Yeah, night." Seungcheol said to no one at all, being left in the hallway alone. Why was Seunggil telling him that Jeonghan was cute?

Weird.

 


A/N: I am so sorry that this took forever to finish! Like I said at the beginning of the fic, I wasn't sure how often I'd be able to update due to school and work and my personal life. Updates will definitely take longer to get out so please don't expect an update 3x a week like they used to be. I have a lot of projects and papers to work on and they are my top priority. I also have other fics that I really want to keep up with so I'll be working on those too. I'll try to be consistent with my updates, maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks but that's the best I can do given my busy schedule. Please just have patience with me! 

Anyway, who can guess what Seungcheol was going to say before Joshua walked in? LOL And what do you guys think about Seunggil's little talk with Coups at the end?? Let me know in the comments lol

As always, thank you to everyone who read this chapter and liked it! It means a lot! And if you all could be so kind, I've started a new Jeongcheol fic and this one is a Business au. I'm super excited for it and I really hope that you all will check it out. (Here's the link --> It's Still Only You)

And yeah, thanks again for reading and have a great day!! Bye for now!!!