five

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyla was sitting inside of a practice room, on the floor with her guitar in her lap. She slapped her face lightly to stay awake. She had been in here since 6 in the morning, and it was 8 pm now. The girl had been rehearsing all day for an upcoming JYP show in Seoul, and she was tired and hungry due to the fact she hadn't eaten anything other than a banana in the morning, and bits and pieces of a dark chocolate bar to keep her iron levels stable. But she couldn't find the motivation to eat anything else, she couldn't waste the time she had to eat instead of using it effectively to practice. Her vocals were still lacking and she had to prove to her antis that she did deserve her debut that had been 2 years ago.  

She sighed harshly, and pinched at her nosebridge, feeling a headache coming. Kyla allowed herself a five minute break after busting her tail for three hours straight. The girl still couldn't find a third song to cover! Her set for the show consisted of three songs from her two mini albums, and another three songs to cover. She felt blessed that the PD had that much faith in her to give her that much performing time, but she only had two covers prepared. One was Tinashe's Flame. Her second choice was an alternative rock piece, "Let the Flames Begin" by American band Paramore, one of her favorites. 

And as for her last piece, well she knew she wanted to do something in Korean, but she didn't know what. Did she want to go peppy and cheerful or something dark and moody, or something inspiring? She screamed exasperatedly, stressed beyond belief. 

Groaning when she saw that five minutes had passed, she swapped her acoustic guitar for an electric one, deciding to practice on the rock piece without Day6. Jae, Young K (or Brian, as she called him), and Dowoon were kind enough to offer to be her band in that song. 

Standing up and grabbing the mic on the stand, she started singing.

Throat raw, she gulped down water and changed the song to Flame. She was pissed at herself. There was this dance move in the choreography that she couldn't get down and the choreographer had yelled at her before storming out. Grabbing the iPad, she played the dance video, trying to figure out how to do that damn part.

Hoseok approached the closed door, phone at his ear. Eunbyul wasn't picking up, and after hearing the loud music blasting through the door, he shook his head, a little smile on his face. That's why the girl wasn't answering his calls.

He opened the door and entered the room, closing it behind him as he leaned against it, observing her. She was clad in a loose white shirt, black leggings, and white sneakers.  

"Eunbyullie, hi," he said, walking towards her. She jumped, turning in surprise. Her eyes glittered, eyeshadow artistically smudged in a brown smoky manner, and her pink lips stretched into a grin at the sign of the male.

Hoseok frowned. "Have you eaten dinner yet?" The girl shook her head, "I've been practicing the entire day."

"Let's go get dinner," he said. "I can't! I have to get this one part down or I'm going to get flamed again by the choreographer," she muttered, looking away. 

"Let me help you then," Hoseok offered, grabbing the iPad. He raised his brows at the y choreography. The part she was having trouble with was this one lift where a backup dancer pulls her up from the floor, with the male dipping her down and doing a body wave before pulling her up and almost kissing her before she pushes him away.

He swallowed thickly, before turning to the girl. "So what's the hardest part for you?" 

"I have a hard time trusting the dancer with the dip," she explained. "Plus it feels a bit awkward to be intimate with him."

Changing the subject, she turned the music on to run the vocals. "You can look at the video first to learn the part and I'll run the other parts then." 

Hoseok went into practice mode, tuning everything out and followed along to the dance break portion. Maybe it was because he had trained so vigorously at Starship and was in a hip hop dance g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter