i don’t know how it’s like to be the one who’s on your mind

The Moon and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Little Bit of You
Kevin Garrett
i don't know how it's like to be the one who's on your mind
CHAPTER TWO

“Tiffany. Hi, sorry to call you like this.”

 

“Jessi? Are you calling me from the States because international calls are awfully expensive. And isn’t it an ungodly hour at the moment?”

 

Tiffany listened to the soft chuckle on the other side of the line. In her mind, the older girl was sitting on her bed, looking out to the skyline of who-knows-where she is at the moment, with a glass of red wine. They used to do that together, when she still lived here.

 

“I got a new phone plan, don’t worry. I wanted to ask you some things quickly.”

 

Tiffany looked at the clock in her office and checked her schedule.

 

“You have fifteen minutes.”

 

“Okay. Was Wheein your patient a few days ago?”

 

“Jessi you know that I have the whole confidentiality thing going on being a doctor— yes, she was.”

 

“Do I need to settle the bills?”

 

Tiffany was amused, who is this girl that she has at least three parties covering for her? Her stats were normal, so she couldn’t be a vampire, though her brain activity was extremely developed. 

 

“No, someone else already did. Why, do you suddenly want to throw money away because my bank account is always open for you Jessi!”

 

Tiffany heard how Jessica put down that glass of wine she was imagining, almost hearing the grin on her face.

 

“It’s my cousin, she had no family in Korea so I was worried that she would have some debts. Any information on who settled that bill so I can send a thank-you?”

 

“She received a bouquet of red roses, and the card only said ‘Get better soon, -S’. I have no idea and no access because the hero wanted to be anonymous. Also, since when do you have a cousin?”

 

“We can discuss that later.”

 

“When will you be back?”

 

Jessica giggled and Tiffany listened to the sound of her bare feet shuffling on the floor.

 

“Sooner than you might expect.”

 

It was silent on both sides for a second, like they were enjoying each other’s company without actually being together at the moment. Tiffany missed her friend dearly. Jessica broke the silence.

 

“Have you heard from Taeyeon?”

 

“She’s doing good, very busy from what I know, or from what she can tell me. We’re having dinner tonight, do you want me to ask her to call you?”

 

“No. Tiff I have to go, I’ll speak with you soon okay?”

Before Tiffany could even reply, the line was dead. She looked at the screen of her phone going dark before realising something strange. Jessica was calling from a Korean cellphone number.

 

-0-0-0-0-

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, keep up!”

 

“Sorry noona!”

 

Two figures were running through a dark forest. All of the trees were grey and dark, something abnormal comparing to the green grass around the forest, as if it’s summer everywhere except in this natural contraption that is dead as can be. The sound of an explosion stopped both of them before a boot connected with the jaw of Kyungsoo. It was like his face launched him into the ground as his body dragged the surrounding dirt with him, grazing the skin on his bare arms revealing blood. He tried to push himself up as the wounds on his arms were healing. Kyungsoo managed to roll away rapidly before the attacker launched himself on him again. Kyungsoo’s glowing red irises met the enemy’s white ones. 

 

“They sent a werewolf boy? How interesting, I—“

 

The enemy was cut off as a short woman dug into his face with one claw and smashed him into a tree, causing the tree to break in half. She turned to Kyungsoo and took his hand to help him up.

 

“Are you okay Kyungsoo-yah?

 

“Yes Taeyeon noona, I’m sorry he caught me off-guard.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and looked to the tree she smashed down. The one she smashed down however, was nowhere to be found. She heard something screec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter