you're like a rainstorm during monsoon

The Moon and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tinnitus
NELL
you're like a rainstorm during monsoon.
CHAPTER FIVE

 

“Noona, please come this way.”

 

Jimin led Soojung into a dark hallway, both of their golden eyes being the only thing shining in the dark. They stopped in front of what seems to be a bookcase, with only heavy books on it. Jimin stretched his arm out to the thinnest book in the case and pulled it down, causing a slight light to go on. The dark alleyway was filled with soft mechanical whirring and the case opened like a door in the wall. Jimin gestured Soojung to go in first. 

 

“Jimin, I swear if this is some weird prank that you’re trying to pull on me, I will cut off your tongue with a silver knife.”

 

Jimin held a soft smirk and shook his head, following Soojung through the door. They reached another door and Jimin opened it for them, soft violin music filling their ears. There were burning candles floating everywhere, and different vampires talking to each other. Some seemed familiar, some Soojung was seeing for the first time. She wasn’t sure what it was, but there was one particular presence that made her feel comfortable.

 

“Noona, I wouldn’t dare.”

 

A waitress came by with a plate full of blood-coloured liquids and Jimin took two glasses off and gave one to Soojung. He clinked his glass against Soojung’s and took a sip. Soojung also took a sip, eyeing him above the rim of her glass but said nothing. To tell you the truth, Soojung felt at ease in this atmosphere. She knew that most of these people were snobs and bastards, but most of them meant no harm and it was most likely that she was the most powerful vampire present. Her eyes wandered to the rest of the room until she met with grey, almost silver eyes. 

 

“Jimin-ah.”

 

Jimin turned to her and put his empty glass on the table.

 

“Yes noona?”

 

“Who is the vampire with grey eyes? It’s not a common eye colour.”

 

Jimin smirked and loosened his tie a bit, holding out his arm, motioning for Soojung to take it. Soojung eventually took his left arm as they walked towards the glowing eyes.

 

“That, Jung Soojung, is the person whom I believe you should meet tonight. I’m not exactly sure of who it is, but rumours have been going around that this vampire was turned by the #1 ranking vampire herself.”

 

Jimin took Soojung’s arm off his and bowed. He completely loosened his tie to roll it up and put in his pocket.

 

“It’s time for me to leave, but it sure was a great coincidence to see you here Soojung noona. I’m sure we will meet soon as your sister has requested my presence. Please enjoy your night.”

 

Soojung nodded to him and watched as the grey-eyed vampire made her way to her, her hair swaying left to right as they never lost eye contact.

 

-0-0-0-0-

 

Wheein walked up the stairs in the apartment building while softly humming a song. The staircase was dark, the only light being the moon shining through the small window of the rooftop door, so to support herself she kept her hand on the railing with her right hand. She pushed the heavy door in front of her and walked on the flat rooftop. She took in a deep breath, enjoying the nightly city air as the rain just stopped and headed towards the single bench on the rooftop so she could enjoy the view. 

Wheein held out her left hand in front of her, putting her thumb and index finger just far enough from each other to let the moon peek through, as if she was holding it. 

 

“If only we could take the moon for ourselves.”

 

Wheein’s eyes widened in shock and she made a weird spasm with her arms.

 

“Omo you scared me!”

 

She turned to her right and found a girl that didn't look much older than her. Her hair had a rose quartz shade, and her eyes were to put it lightly, shining. The girl was dressed in a light blue blouse, black jeans and a dark jacket. The girl smiled at her and it seemed like two dimples appeared just under .

 

“Sorry about that, it just came out of my mouth.”

 

The girl bowed a full 90 degrees in front of Wheein and held the same smile on her face, the moonlight lighting up her pale face.

 

“My name is Kim Yongsun.”

 

Wheein nervously stood up from the bench and bowed a full 90 degrees, maybe slightly further than 90 degrees, back and her face obviously confused as to why this unnie was bowing so deeply to her. 

 

“My name is Jung Wheein.”

 

“That’s a unique name. I like it a lot. Jung Whee In-ssi.” 

 

Wheein awkwardly smiled back as they both stood next to the bench, none of them sitting on it. Eventually Yongsun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter