sometimes the things you know are worse

The Moon and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Overthinking
offonoff
sometimes the things you know are worse
CHAPTER ONE

Wheein wasn’t sure what exactly was happening, but she made sure that she kept running. She knew that someone— no, something was behind her and if she stopped now, she might as well stop her heart immediately. Running into an alleyway she suddenly crashed into someone, she saw a light streak of pink in front of her eyes before she became dizzy.

 

“What the—“ 

 

She watched as a creature was inching closer to her and the stranger, Wheein felt herself gripping onto the cold skin of the bare-armed, pink-haired person before everything went black and all she could see were ice blue eyes against the shiny yellow ones of the intruder. 

 

-0-0-0-0-

 

Wheein woke up in an unfamiliar room, the light blinding her eyes while she was trying to take in the space she was in. She found herself on what seems like a hospital bed, her stuff neatly folded on the chair next to the bed and a bouquet of red roses with a card next to it. When she looked outside of the window, she let out a relieved sigh. She was still in Seoul. From experience, she knew that she probably shouldn’t just go out and call the nurse, but the urge to just go home was so big. Stepping one foot of the bed she heard the door open and her face quickly moved to the entering body. A woman a few years older than her came in, a brunette with a soft smile on her face. 

 

“Jung Wheein-ssi! You are awake! Please, can you sit on the bed so I can perform a regular check-up before you start moving?”

 

Wheein obediently sat on the bed and watched as the woman shone a flashlight in her eyes, swabbing a cotton on the inside of her cheek and checked her pulse. The woman lowered the stethoscope and held out her hand.

 

“Sorry about that! Hello Jung Wheein-ssi, my name is Hwang Miyoung and I am your doctor.”

 

“Nice to meet you, please just call me Wheein.”

 

The doctor broke out into a smile that was just as bright as the lights that Wheein saw when she woke up a few minutes ago, with an eye smile to match with it.

 

“In that case, please call me Tiffany, Wheein-ssi.”

 

Wheein nodded and smiled without looking at Tiffany. Fidgeting with her hands, unable to keep still she was unsure about what to do.

 

“Did something happen to me?”

 

The older woman shook her head and held the clipboard against her chest, adjusting her glasses with the pen in her hand.

 

“No, you were found by someone who was passing by. That person said you suddenly fainted and you looked distraught, so they brought yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter