5 Years Later

You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ N O W  ]

 

An annoying vibration wakes Park Jimin to his senses.

 

It's been going on for a while, but Jimin is good at shutting things out when he has to. Unfortunately, the sun peeking through his windows is also blinding his eyes. Combine that with the vibrating sound, he definitely has no right to stay asleep. 

With an annoyed grunt, Jimin opens his eyes. 

The sun is already up; he could feel the slight heat on his skin. Fortunately, the A/C's cranked up way higher than expected. No need to endure the heat and good reason to sleep more. But the freaking vibration from his phone won't stop. 

"Aisht," he mumbles, rumpling his hair and reaching out for his desk. His hands blindly touched his phone. 

The first thing he sees is the time: 10 AM. 

On a weekday, it's considered oversleeping. But it's a weekend and Park Jimin will wake up as late as he wants to. He has every right. 

The second thing he sees is a name: Can't Sleep on This Hyung (10) miscalls, (1) message

How timely. 

With a sleepy sigh, Jimin taps on the message instead of calling back.

 

I wouldn't turn my television on if I were you. 

 

Trust Yoongi to still be cryptic as ever. Jimin resents his hyung who knows full well that messages like these trigger him to do the exact opposite. He just can't help it; one time, Yoongi sent him a message with the subject line OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK. Figuring it could be work-related and his hyung was just messing with him, Jimin did.

And it gave him the scare of his life. 

But as Jimin turns on his television, it appears that he did not learn his lesson from that incident. 

 

It's one of those daytime shows that airs on lazy Saturdays. Jimin sits down on his couch and watches two familiar faces appear on screen. 

"I guess our viewers have a good guess on who our next guest is," Leeteuk hyung-nim was saying with that sunshine smile on his face. Jimin admires this sunbaenim; he doesn't look a day over thirty still. 

"Of course they know," agrees Kim Shin Young with her trademark hat, "We've been leaving too many hints on SNS."

"He's been making news since he has a new movie coming up!"

"Well, let's not make them wait any longer."

The cheers of the crowd in the studio must be deafening; Jimin already had to turn down the volume of his television. Whoever the guest is probably popular with the ladies -- an idol, perhaps. He smirks as he remembers those days when his ears would hurt at the screams of his fans. 

Those were the good old days.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the actor of the century -- Kim Taehyung!"

 

Oh for the love of God.

 

Instinctively, Jimin reaches out for the remote to turn the TV off. He's got no time for this, especially if it's him. Over the years, he perfected the art of turning off the television, exiting web pages, blocking on SNS, as well as not looking at billboards. But before he could even turn it off, the sight of actor Kim Taehyung entering the scene, smiling that trademark boxy smile of his, and waving causes Jimin to stop. 

The sudden ringing of his phone momentarily distracts him. Jimin glances and hits 'answer.'

 

"You turned it on, huh?" comes Min Yoongi's voice.

Jimin sighs. 

"I told you not to."

"You didn't have to tell me anything, hyung," complains Jimin, "I was having the best sleep of my life."

"Is that the reason why your lyrics and melody are late?" asks Yoongi, "Then it was a good call to wake you up, then."

"Like this? Really, hyung? How savage can you get?"

"It's actually a replay. I figured...maybe you'd want to hear what he said."

Jimin turns his back from the television, picking up the strewn pieces of music sheets, a banana peel, and a beer can on the floor. The apartment could use some tidying up; he figures he can distract himself more by cleaning up while talking to his hyung.

"Why would I want to do that?"

"C'mon Jiminnie. Maybe you'll get more inspirations."

"You don't have to use him to remind me that I'm late with my submissions, hyung."

Yoongi laughs in the other line but immediately becomes serious. "I'm not kidding though, kid," he says, "I was watching this thing last night and...he said some things."

"About how he's doing well as an actor? I don't need to know about that." Jimin glances at the TV and sees both Leeteuk and Shin Young dote over Taehyung. It's been years since they physically saw each other, but Jimin's seen him every now and then. He's practically EVERYWHERE; he was right when he predicted Taehyung would make it big in the acting industry. He towers over their Shin Young noona and despite being in his thirties, Tae (as much as Jimin hates to admit) loosk better than ever. 

He must be working out.

But that's not the point. 

"Min, just...listen," says Yoongi, "I think...I don't know."

Jimin leans over his kitchen countertop, positioned opposite the television. He can barely hear what Taehyung is saying to Leeteuk, which makes the older performer laugh. As he sits there, Jimin can't help but think Taehyung looks so arrogantly cocky -- or maybe he looks as normal as ever and Jimin's mind is just warping the whole scenario. 

"Okay fine," he tells Yoongi as he takes a banana, "But you have to stay on the line with me."

"God, this kid--"

"You're the one who told me about it."

He hears his hyung sigh exasperatedly. "All right. Just...turn up your volume, kid."

Jimin takes his remote control and adjusts the volume unwillingly. 

 

"...been years since you guys were together, huh?" Shin Young noona was asking. 

Taehyung smiles wistfully. "That's true. Lately, it's been pretty hard to gather the whole gang; everyone's pretty busy with their lives," he answers, "Although, I did have coffee with Namjoon hyung last week. I message them every now and then, but that's about it. I also met up with Yoongi hyung last month for an OST fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter