Sup, Bro?

You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jimin takes a deep breath, allowing the salty ocean air fill his sinuses. It’s a satisfying feeling; almost as if the salt clears up his nose.

He wishes it would do the same for his head.

He opens his eyes and takes in the beautiful scenery: the moon looks magnificent as its light reflects on the water. The sky was littered with shining stars. Anyone would’ve gasped, but he’s just not in the right mood.

Seven days—that’s how long he’ll stay in this paradise. Any person in their right mind would’ve been thrilled: a week of nothing but beach vibes, paid-for-dinners, and some wedding planning on the side. He should be enjoying himself.

But given the possible circumstances, he’s distracted.

 

When he first received the invite, he didn’t want to go.

 

“Are you for real, kid?” his Yoongi hyung asked, “You’re seriously bailing on a wedding?”

“I didn’t say I’m bailing.”

“But you want to.”

“You didn’t have to say it out loud.”

They’ve been at the Genius Lab 2.0 all day; Yoongi was editing the melody Jimin finished the night before. Jimin, on the other hand, was busy trying to come up with new lyrics. A discussion about the invite opened the argument they have now.

“Jimin-ah, it’s a special day for all of us,” reasoned Yoongi, “We should go.”

“I know that, hyung. I do want to go. It’s just that—“

“Taehyung might be there?”

Jimin stopped writing lyrics as he felt his hyung’s gaze at him.

“Yeah.”

Suga has always been relatively silent since their Bangtan days, but that never stopped him from telling you you’re being stupid when you are. Jimin already felt the judgement.

“You know this wedding’s not about you, right?” he asked, “It’s about a friend.”

“Hyung—“

“Sure, Taehyung might be there, but why should that stop you?” continued his Yoongi hyung, “It’s been years, Jimin. I thought you’re okay already.”

“I am—“

“Then why are you being petty?”

There, he said it.

At first, Jimin wanted to defend himself. He wasn’t being petty; he was being realistic. Seeing Taehyung again would be very awkward, not just for them, but for everyone. He’ll have to endure memories and keep himself from exploding in the middle of a wedding.

But that look on his Yoongi hyung’s face said otherwise.

“Jimin-ah, this wedding is not about you and Taehyung; it’s someone else’s. And the person who invited you was a huge part of your life,” continued Suga, “You were invited to share the celebration, not to be miserable or selfish.”

“If Tae’s there, you don’t have to talk with him. You can pretend he’s air for all I care.”

His Yoongi hyung said all of this while he messed up with the tunes on his program, editing one of Jimin’s melodies. He was clueless to the effect of his words on his dongsaeng. It hurt to hear the great Min Suga’s words, but Jimin knew his hyung was right.

And that’s how he ended up packing his bags, booking a flight, and leaving with his Yoongi hyung for the wedding.

 

It’s not just any wedding after all.

 

When they first arrived at the island, Jimin was astounded with the pristine beaches. It was a pretty sight: white sand, gorgeous cabanas, trees everywhere, and seashells—a lot of them. As they pulled their bags, Jimin can’t believe Yoongi is so silent with these beauties they see.

“Where is he?” he asked loudly, looking at his phone then looking around. Finally, he spotted something ahead. “Speak of the devil.”

Jimin saw what his hyung saw: a tall, lanky figure standing by the hotel entrance. Hands in his pockets and hair all stuck up, his be-dimpled smile stood out the most.

It was a Kim Namjoon trademark.

“Bout time, Namjoon-ah,” remarked Suga, lugging his bags, “Jiminnie and I were about to give up finding this place.”

At the mention of his name, Namjoon’s eyes lit up and smiled wider at the dongsaeng in their midst. They hadn’t seen each other in years; it was only natural for Jimin to feel a rush of emotions. He couldn’t help but run into Namjoon’s waiting arms for a hug.

“Ah Jimin, long time no see,” remarked his hyung, ruffling his hair, “I see you’re still short.”

“Yoongi hyung makes me work all day, all night.”

Suga stepped up beside them to carry his bag. “Well, I’d like to maintain my 1-inch superiority,” he announced, “It’s what keeps Jimin at bay. But he makes really good music anyway.”

“I heard the same thing,” replied Namjoon, releasing Jimin, “Actually listened to one of your tracks; you write good, Jimin-ah.”

“Thanks hyung,” he said, looking up at the leader of Bangtan Sonyeondan, “Wow, you haven’t changed a bit. You’re still tall and…cocky.”

“As I’ll ever be.”

“He’s not the same though,” remarked Yoongi, slinging an arm around Namjoon, “He’s getting married.” There was a mischievous spark in the shorter one’s eye; Jimin mimicked his actions, holding his hyung’s other arm and shaking it.

“Never thought I’d get to see you get married, Joon,” continued Yoongi.

“You’d think he wouldn’t find an Expensive Girl.”

“Well, he didn’t, did he?”

 

True enough, Namjoon did not find an Expensive Girl. By dinnertime, Yoongi and Jimin sat opposite the happy couple. While drinking his first glass of wine, Rap Mon’s arm slung lazily around his fiancé’s broad shoulders while said fiancé continued babbling about wedding plans.

“But seriously, you guys,” cut Yoongi, “I knew you were gay… but I didn’t know you were gay for each other.”

“Shut up, Yoongi,” said Kim Seokjin, “Don’t diss the groom.”

“I’m not dissing. I’m stating facts.”

“Oh come on, Yoongi hyung,” said Jimin, “I can’t believe you didn’t notice anything. You were Jin hyung’s roommate.” He sipped his third glass of wine. “They were so obvious.” He remembered those times he would catch the eldest and the leader in ‘compromising’ situations, keeping the encounters to himself because he didn’t want to get beat up by the two.

“I thought they were just doing it for the fans.”

“Really, Yoongi… I’m touched by your faith in all things,” remarked Jin as he sliced a piece of beef and fed it to Namjoon, “But I’m also amazed at how dense you are.” He wiped his fiancé’s lips with a napkin before eating a slice of his own.

“How long has this been going on then?” asked Yoongi, “Since Bangtan days?”

Namjoon looked sheepish as he pulled Jin closer. “Well... the feelings, I guess,” he admitted, “But nothing official till a year after we parted ways.”

“Don’t tell me you guys slept in our room; oh god, Jin hyung. That will be the death of me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter