The First Mission

The Princess and The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About half an hour after their chat, Seulgi can hear thumps of soldier’s feet approaching the prison doors. Afraid with what may happen next, Seulgi, with all of her energy and might, stood up and prepared her fighting position. After a split second of silence, the prison doors open and Sergeant Major Kim Jong Dae entered with a 5 foot 10 soldier with a muscular build.

“Take it easy, Captain Kang. It’s just me,” Sergeant Major Kim Jong Dae joked when seeing Seulgi’s posture.

“I thought they’re trying to get me again. I bet these are my new guards. Am I right, Sergeant Major?” Seulgi asked as she lowered down her guard.

“Well no one is smarter than you in the entire army I presume. This is Sergeant Major Kim Min Seok. He will be the head of guards for this prison. If you have anything to ask, just tell him. He will immediately pass on the note to Seungwan or me. Why don’t you both just get to know each other now?” Sergeant Major Kim Jong Dae explained.

“We don’t have to get to know each other anymore, Sergeant Major Kim. Sergeant Major Min Seok is one of the person in the army that made me into who I am right now. He was my drill sergeant when I was training for the Special Operations Division. It’s nice to meet you again, sir!” Seulgi said as he saluted the latter.

“You know you can’t call me ‘sir’ anymore, Captain. We’re not in the training grounds anymore. By the way, how have you been doing?” Sergeant Major Kim Min Seok asked.

“Some good days, some bad days. I survived them all thanks to all of your shouts and tortures,” Seulgi joked.

“Well, it’s good that you both have known each other. Now if you excuse me, Captain, I would like to go back to my quarters,” Sergeant Major Kim Jong Dae inquired.

“Sure, sure. You don’t have to ask for my permission to leave, you know, Sergeant Major,” Seulgi said.

After the Empress’ head of guards had left them, Seulgi and Sergeant Major Min Seok kept chatting until late, talking about their missions after Seulgi’s graduation, as well as their life.

“Sir, I think my melatonin had kicked me. I’ll be going to bed if you permit me to,” Seulgi reported, asking for Sergeant Major Kim’s permission.

Sergeant Major Kim laughed and said, “You’re still plain like back in the days, you know? Just go to bed, Captain. You don’t have to ask for my permission. Have a good night!”

“You too, sir!” Seulgi replied and saluted before going to her quarters.

“By the way, are you sure you can sleep with those shackles on?” Sergeant Major Kim asked Seulgi, worried about her current condition.

“Ah, I’ve been sleeping with these for a while, sir. I’ll be okay,” Seulgi answered quickly.

“Come here for a while, Captain. Let me take off your cuffs for tonight,” Sergeant Major Kim called and unshackled Seulgi’s arms afterwards, “Good night, Captain!”.

“Good night, sir!” Seulgi replied and just like that, another day in her life ends.

Somewhere within the Royal Army Officer’s complex, 3 people, all dressed in black, began snooping around a big, woody house with the dynasty’s flag poled in the garden.

“According to the complex’s map, this is it,” a low, heavy voice whispered, which was presumed to be Lieutenant Oh’s voice.

“Are you a hundred percent sure about this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter