The Aftermath

The Princess and The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the other hand, at the empress’ chamber, Seungwan laid the Empress’ weak body on her bed and was about to take her leave when the Empress’ soft fingers held Seungwan’s arms.

The Empress then continued softly, “Please don’t leave me, Seungwan. Not you, too.”

“I will never leave your side, Your Majesty,” Seungwan replied as she retreated back and sit next to the weak Empress, “Your body temperature’s too high, Your Majesty. Let me ask the guards to bring the royal physician here to check you.”

“No, I’m okay, Seungwan. It’s just the aftermath of choking, I guess. What just happened out there, Seungwan-ie? She said her apologies first before attacking me, meaning that she didn’t want to do any of that, but then she shouted that I ruined her and she kept saying that I am a horrible person,” the Empress said while shedding tears.

“I don’t know what hit Seulgi just now, Your Majesty, but I think what just happened is just for the best. It’s not your fault that Seulgi did what she just did. I think it’s time for you to move on and focus,” Seungwan explained.

“But, but… It just hurts me deeply, knowing that she did that to me,” the Empress stuttered as she continued sobbing.

“Well, what is done can’t be undone, Your Majesty, but you can change the outcome of the future. Now, why don’t I just leave you alone so you can think or sleep and I’ll return after you’re feeling much better?” Seungwan proposed.

“Thank you, Seungwan, for everything. I don’t how I’m going to live this life without you by my side,” the Empress said softly.

“Ah, it’s my job, Your Majesty. Now if you excuse me, Your Majesty, I will take my leave,” Seungwan said as she bowed beside the Empress.

“You know you don’t have to bow or ask for my permission, Seungwan-ie,” the Empress spoke.

Seungwan laughed a bit after hearing the Empress’ reaction and went out of the Empress’ chamber. After making sure that she is out of anyone’s reach, Seungwan speedily ran towards the prison, only to find the prison empty, except for a lonely person lying down on one of the prison cell.

“What are you doing down here, Seungwan-ie? You will raise suspicion if you come here often!” Seulgi responded quickly with the sight of her best friend.

“No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter