The Return

The Princess and The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Knock, knock! Knock, knock!” the sound of the knocking door started to irradiate through the halls of the castle.

“Wake up, princess! It’s already 6 in the morning. You are supposed to meet the prime minister by 6:30,” said the head of maid, Seungwan, while still knocking on the door, “If you don’t wake up now, you’re going to be late.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m on my way. Just come in, Seungwan-ah!” Princess Joohyun shouted while still groaning in her bed after a long night.

Seungwan entered Princess Joohyun’s room and immediately dragged Princess Joohyun from her bed to sit on her sofa as Seungwan picked up several of Princess Joohyun’s dress from her wardrobe.

After finished picking out some dress, she laid them on the table and asked, “Which one would you like to wear today, princess?”

“Just pick any of it, Seungwan! My brain is still aching and I’m sleepy. By the way, what’s the occasion for today’s meeting with the prime minister?” Princess Joohyun asked while being half awaken.

“Prime Minister Hwang is asking for your permission to carry out the plan for building the new orphanage in Danto. She wants to run down the final design and plan before building it,” Seungwan explained.

“Oh, mmm…” Princess Joohyun replied with her eyes barely opening and drools all over the corners of .

“Princess, I have a surprise for you!” Seungwan said excitedly

“What is it, Seungwan-ah? It’s too early for surprises!” Princess Joohyun answered without paying any attention.

“Seulgi is coming to the castle today!” Seungwan exclaimed.

“Oh, mmm...” Princess Joohyun replied again, but after a few seconds, her eyes bolted open like a lightning, “Wait, Kang Seulgi is coming today?”

“Yes, she is, princess. That’s why you should finish your meeting early so that you can spend more time with her. I’ve emptied all of your schedule for the day,” Seungwan reassured.

“Thank you so much, Seungwan. You’ve just made my day. You are the best!” Princess Joohyun said with joyous feelings while jumping around her room.

After she had done wearing her white, silky suede, Princess Joohyun and Seungwan exited the princess’ chamber and walked towards the princess’ dining hall. Followed by numerous soldiers and maids around her, Princess Joohyun walked with such elegance and beauty that makes her beloved by everyone around her. Princess Joohyun is famous for her kindness and willingness to help others. She had built over 10 orphanages for the poor and set up over 500 scholarships each year for the poor students. After walking for a while, the princess and her entourage had arrived to the dining hall and was immediately greeted by the prime minister. The princess immediately raised her hand up, suggesting that the prime minister rise from her knees and began the meeting.

“Good morning, princess,” Prime Minister Hwang greeted.

“Good morning to you, too, prime minister. So, what do you want to run through me again?” Princess Joohyun began as she and the prime minister sat.

“So, I wanted to run through the final design of the orphanage and also I’d like to ask your permission to begin the building of the orphanage by this Friday,” Prime Minister Hwang explained.

“This Friday sounds good to me,” Princess Joohyun commented while scanning through the design of the orphanage, “I think we should have a swimming pool and playground at the garden of the orphanage. Make sure the studying hall is big enough to hold every orphans in that place. I’ll personally ask mom to add more money to make this orphanage better.”

“Very well, princess. Is there anything else you’d like to add?” Prime Minister Hwang asked.

“Probably some rooms sh…” Princess Joohyun’s statement cut by the sudden knock on the door which made the princess asked, “Who is it? I’m currently having a meeting with the prime minister.”

“Oh, princess, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you nor the prime minister. I’ll just wait until you’ve finished,” a husky voice sounded from outside the door.

Princess Joohyun, who didn’t need to ask anymore, hastily ran out of the dining hall and hugged her best friend, Seulgi, who is standing in an attention position. After some time, Princess Joohyun released her hug and asked Seulgi to come inside the hall with her. As soon as she saw the prime minister, Seulgi immediately bowed, but the prime minister immediately gestured Seulgi to stand up.

“I guess we have finished all of our business. Isn’t it right, prime minister?” Princess Joohyun asked while eyeing Prime Minister Hwang.

“I guess we’re all done here, princess. Have a nice day, princess. Seulgi,” Prime Minister Hwang replied while bringing her papers as she walked out of the dining hall.

Seulgi bowed again as the prime minister was leaving and stood up after she had left the dining hall. Seulgi is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter