The Plan

The Princess and The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few minutes later, multiple heavy footsteps were heard at the entrance of the dungeon. From inside, Seulgi knew that it was the empress’ entourage that came. As the door swung open, 2 people entered the dungeon area. Seulgi immediately knew and bowed at the presence of the empress.

“Sergeant, can you open Captain Kang’s cell?” Empress Joohyun ordered, “Oh, and take her handcuffs off as well please.”

“But, Your Highness, …” the big guard said as he opened Seulgi’s cell door.

“It’s okay, sergeant. Seulgi won’t hurt me,” Empress Joohyun said calmly.

“Alright then, Your Highness,” he obeyed as he unshackled Seulgi from her cuffs, “Is there anything else I can help you with, Your Highness?”

“I’m okay for now, sergeant. Thank you,” Empress Joohyun answered.

The guard bowed before the empress and immediately returned to his post.

“You can get up now, Seulgi. You don’t have to bow down before me. I told you that before, right?” Empress Joohyun greeted with a smile painted on her face.

“I know, Your Highness, but I felt wrong if I didn’t do it,” Seulgi answered as she stood up from her kneeling position.

“How have you been doing in here? Have my aunt and cousins visit you?” Empress Joohyun asked curiously.

“Princess Im and her daughters haven’t come here, Your Highness. As for my condition, I’m mostly okay although I felt cold sometimes at night,” Seulgi responded while also trying to hide her grins from the pain that she felt.

“Good then. Now that I’m the empress of this dynasty, I will make an executive order to release you from this hideous jail. After you are released, I would like you to help me check out my evil aunt and cousins. I think they might be up to something,” Empress Joohyun explained while feeling relieved.

“Your Highness, I’m really sorry,” Seulgi shockingly responded.

“What are you sorry for, Seulgi-ah? You haven’t done anything wrong,” Empress Joohyun blankly answered.

“I’m really sorry for what’s going to happen next. Just so you know, I always love you and I will never try to harm you. Whatever I’m going to do right now or later is for the best and I’ll accept any punishment that you’ll give me afterwards,” Seulgi elucidated while looking downwards.

“What are you go…” Empress Joohyun asked again, but was cut off by Seulgi’s immediate action to attack the Empress.

“You turned me into this, Your Majesty. You ruined my life by making me believe that you love me. Look at where I am standing right now. Look at it!” Seulgi shouted as she choked the Empress’ neck while continuously crying inside her heart.

“What are you doing, Seulgi-ah? Why are you trying to hurt the empress?” Seungwan shouted from outside the bars, knowing that her plan is running smoothly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter