what?...

Tamed

Jaebum had finally showed emotion on his face. The first time since Jinyoung knew him. It was an apparent emotion on his face. Jinyoung would have celebrated it had it not been that certain expression at that certain time. Remembering the events of the day before:

 

 

“I…i’m sorry…” He hears Jaebum say, looking at him with sorry eyes. “Jinyoung-ah…”

 

“No hyung…” he retorts looking down embarrassed. His hopes had shattered. But it also wasn’t Jaebum’s fault. He’d hoped without confirmation. Now he’d put the other i this quandary. ‘It’s not his fault. It was all me. He doesn’t have to be sorry. It’s not his fault.’ is all he could think, and so what he thought he’d said. “Hyung, it’s ok, I…I’m sorry…” he said still looking down. He couldn’t handle the sorry face Jaebum was giving. It would have been better had he kept his nonchalant face.

 

“J…Jinyoung-ah…” Jaebum started again but Jinyoung cut him off. Tears had started dripping down from Jinyoung’s face.

 

“No… no…I…i’m sorry…i’m sorry…” Jinyoung had said. He’d wanted to say more but that was all his brain had allowed his mouth to voice out. “M..ianhaeyo!” he said louder than normal then bowed and started to walk away not once looking at Jaebum. 

 

Jaebum didn’t stop him, so he left. Left the school too and went directly home.

 

 

 

He came home tears still streaming down his face. His grandmother saw him and immediately hugged the boy. She always knew exactly what to do. Jinyoung had started sobbing while being in her hold. After a bit she looked him in the face and he’d finally said;

 

“Ha..*hiccup*… Halmeoni, p…please ca…*hiccup* call the school. I…I’m…i’m not feeling well…*hiccup*…” Jinyoung had said still sobbing then he dived for his grandmother’s shoulder again. His grandmother had hugged him and nodded not needing any explanation. Jinyoung had been a child that never cried when hurt physically so she knew that this time, the boy was hurt, and all she could really do was comfort him and be there for the sobbing boy.

 

When Jinyoung had calmed down he’d headed straight for his room, he didn’t let little Junior in thinking that the little kitty shouldn't see him sad. He thought it might make the kitty sad as well.

 

 

*Back to today*

 

It’s already afternoon but Jinyoung didn’t have appetite. All he could do was think about all the events that had happened. The face that appears without permission. The sudden realization of how stupid confessing was. What was he thinking? He didn’t need more, being friends with Jaebum had been enough. ‘I’m so stupid’  he thought. All he could think of is how the friendship that he’d created and the exclusive treatment he’d gotten he’d also destroyed. All he felt was embarrassment after the confession. All he did was hope but he shouldn’t have kept hoping. He should have confirmed. He should’ve waited a bit longer. He would’ve been at his house right now, reading a book, with Jaebum beside him. The was he thinking falling for the man. He needs time. Maybe if he acted the same Jaebum wouldn’t act different too. He needed time, to forget the feelings that never should have happened. To forget the emotion that never should’ve been on Jaebum’s face. To forget.

 

 

 

===================================

 

 

The sudden confession had startled Jaebum. He didn’t see it coming. It was all so sudden that he couldn’t control the apology he felt on his face. He felt bad for being so ignorant of the other’s feelings all this time. When had the younger started liking him? He’d been acting the same since the first time they’d met. Nothing felt different and that’s why he hadn’t seen it coming.

 

Jinyoung walked out that time. Jaebum hadn’t known what to do and so he let him walk away. He’d been too shocked that he’d just stared at the other’s retreating back.

 

The class after that didn’t have Jinyoung in it. Neither did any class after. So he slept as usual but he can feel the others’ stared and confused looks that he was without the other. Probably already forming guesses on what had happened.

 

Jinyoung always went to his house after schools on Fridays but not today. The boys were waiting for him on the front porch as usual. Waiting for Jinyoung to give them the attention he’d spoiled them with. Yugyeom spoke first;

 

“Where’s Jinyoungie hyung?” he’d asked, confused the other wasn’t there.

 

“Is he back there?” Bambam asked looking out back from the arched stone thinking Jinyoung was hiding but surprisingly not finding anything. “He’s not here?” he’d looked at Jaebum confused.

 

“He went home.” (-_-) Jaebum said.

 

“B…but whyyyyyy?!” Yugyeom started whining and Bambam followed but JAebum just walked past the two and went inside sitting on the couch. Mark had just come in as well and asked, 

 

“Jinyoung in the kitchen?” 

 

“He’s not here.” (  -_-) Jaebum answered. Unfortunately Jackson and Youngjae were in the kitchen and hear him say this running to where he is and

 

“Hyungie is not here?! whyyyyy?” Youngjae.

 

“Uri Jinyoungie! where is he? is he ok?” Jackson.

 

Jaebum just ignored them and turned the TV on. He didn’t know what to tell them and he also didn’t feel the need to explain anything to them. The TV was on, he was looking at it but all his mind could do is give him images of Jinyoung’s shaking form, looking down, apologizing, tears falling down like raindrops. Jinyoung had looked so small that time. He looked so vulnerable that Jaebum had the urge to protect him. The thing was Jaebum would’ve needed to protect him from himself.

 

Jaebum saw Jinyoung as a friend. He’d been the perfect friend. He was so balanced with Jaebum that they’d been the perfect match. But Jaebum had only seen him as a friend. Jinyoung was his first friend outside of home. He’d respected Jinyoung’s feelings for him. He was grateful of the other’s affection towards him but he felt sorry that he wouldn’t be able to reciprocate it. But Jinyoung is a dear friend and he’d like to keep going as is. 

 

Monday had come and gone and still no sign of Jinyoung. Tuesday… Wednesday… Thursday… It’s not like Jaebum was counting. He was, he felt horrible, he wanted to go and apologize to Jinyoung and ask him to become friends with him again. But it would’ve made Jinyoung feel much more terrible and therefore he voted against it. He’d missed the other’s presence he admits to himself and it wasn’t helping that the boys at home keep whining for Jinyoung and how they’d missed him as well, and the fact the everyone in class just stares for a couple minutes before lecture as if waiting for Jinyoung to finally come. Jaebum missed his quiet companion. His dear friend.

 

 

Imagine the shock in everyone’s face when the Student Council President sat beside Im Jaebum on Friday. Jaebum on the other hand was looking out the window. 

 

____

|      |

|___|  (-_-    )    (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|  (—__—)    (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|  (    -_-)    (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|  (—__—)    (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|  (     -_-)    (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|     (    o_o) (ㅍㅅㅍ)

 

____

|      |

|___|     (     o_o) (^_^     )

 

 

“Annyeong hyung! Mian, i’ve missed so many classes I wasn’t feeling well. How are the boys?” Jinyoung had asked him. 

 

“O..okay…” Jaebum was dumbfounded. Jinyoung wasn’t acting differently towards him. It was like the event that happened a week ago was only a mirage or a dream that never happened.

 

The class continued on but all Jaebum could do was look at the other still confused. It’s either he was dreaming or Jinyoung had gotten over him that fast. But anyway it wasn’t like anything was a problem, Jaebum was actually thankful about the familiarity. 

 

Jinyoung also came with him to his house and of course the boys got so happy and concerned and started questioning Jinyoung the moment he came in.

 

“Eomma!” Yugyeom said immediately throwing his giant self to their dearest hyung. “Where have you been? I’ve starved all week.”  he said whining. 

 

Jinyoung hugged him and giggled. “Awww uri maknae is growing! You need food child, I will feed you!” he said.

 

“Can you not see uri eomma lost weight?!” Bambam said trying to pry the giant off from Jinyoung. Now that it was voiced out Jaebum did notice that he did look like he lost weight. God he’s hoping it was because he’s been sick.

 

“I’ve been sick that’s all.” Jinyoung said to Bambam while ruffling the kid’s hair.

 

“WHAT! You’ve been sick? Go sit down immediately, we will take care of the food right Bambam?” Jackson pipes up getting a nod from Bambam.

 

“No no no it’s ok. I feel fine now and i’d feel way better seeing this kid enjoy my food.” Jinyoung said pointing at the giant maknae. 

 

And then Youngjae came in and basically jumped him. “Uri Eomma! Thank the heaven’s you’re here! Please live here! We need youuuuu!” he whined. (T_T) Jinyoung giggled and the younger’s hair.

 

“I’m okay Youngjae-ah! how are you?” Jinyoung said looking the younger in the face and giving him the best smile. Jinyoung was so thankful for the affection he gets from the boys. It made him feel needed.

 

“Yah get off eomma! he just got out of a sickness.” Yugyeom pipes up.

 

Oh yes, sickness, one you cannot cure.’ Jinyoung thinks while keeping the smile.

 

While this is happening Jaebum was sitting on the couch looking at how genuine the others had felt about Jinyoung. He couldn’t help himself with a little smile thanking the higher powers for sending them Jinyoung. He’d just wished he hadn’t hurt him that much. He’d hoped that Jinyoung had actually gotten over whatever had happened. Then his smile turned sad. He felt sad knowing how he couldn’t reciprocate the other’s feelings. He wanted Jinyoung’s attention but he cannot ask for it as Jinyoung had told him his real feelings and he’d rejected it.

 

Mark was also there, looking over how the others had smothered Jinyoung. Looking at how Jaebum had been looking at Jinyoung. Something had happened and he knows it’s about the two. Mark had always been the person who hadn’t overlooked details, especially small ones. Jinyoung hadn’t looked in Jaebum’s direction since they got here. Instead of walking behind the other he’d been walking in front entering the vicinity. They haven’t talked, Jinyoung hadn’t asked for Jaebum’s opinion. Jaebum on the other hand wouldn’t stop looking at the latter. He smiles fondly one second then smiles sadly another second. Jaebum hadn’t looked at the others in a way that says ‘back off now’ which he usually always had whenever the boys would overwhelm Jinyoung with demands of affection. Something happened.

 

Jinyoung had been pressured to stay over for the night. His room was the usual one beside Jaebum’s. He couldn’t fall asleep so easy yet. Yes he’s acting the same but he still thinks about it. Surprisingly his acting skills are blessed but behind closed doors the tears still fall. Jinyoung hears a knock on his door at about a quarter past eleven. He wipes his tears away and opens the door. 

 

“Do you wanna have a drink?” Mark suggests to him as he opened the door. He just nod because he does need it.

 

They go into the kitchen and start drinking in silence. After a bottle of soju the games that included cards and ttakbams had started. He’s so grateful for having Mark around to let him win and make him forget his worries for a bit. 

Well, he’d been laughing until a certain man had come into the kitchen to gat some water. Jinyoung saw him and his smile had faltered. The man didn’t even give him a glance. He’d been in and out. 

 

Mark looked at him trying to calm him. Jinyoung wasn’t drunk he’s just on the verge of being so and this was when emotions pour. Mark on the other hand can hold his alcohol pretty well considering he’d probably drank more than Jinyoung but he can still make royal flushes.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Mark had asked, not prying, more so careful.

 

And so Jinyoung, with his brain still able to consent and comprehend, had told Mark everything. 

 

Tears and all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I apologize my lovelies, i've been dead because of JJP. I constantly wanna punch myself in the face. What's up with them tho. One minute they're like ooh 'not as lovers but as friends' and the next it's like 'yes our tombstones will be beside each other' like WTF thanks I like dying thank you very much yes continue to play with my heart.... anyways (comment responses)

@anyerysunrise : thank you very much for liking it haha... can't you just imagine their faces as so? :D

@yuki_ira : thank you for finding it! thanks for waiting too! here is your update! :D

@HyVong : UPDATED.AS.FAST.AS.POSSIBLE haha here you go thanks for reading here's the update. :D

@Aauboo : I see you reading the updates... v(^_^) Thank you! Here is your update! :D