whoa whoa

Tamed

Jinyoung still gets bullied after school. Most of the mass of students know that after school the ‘lovers’ part as soon as the last bell rings. Some of them even compared it to Cinderella that after the last bell rings Jinyoung is back to just being Jinyoung and not the ‘beast tamer’. Jinyoung would also rather that Jaebum knows that he gets bullied. ‘It’s precaution’ he tells himself. Besides, he’s used to it already. All they do is call him names and tell him how pathetic he is for up to professors. ‘It’s called studying’ he keeps his sarcastic but true comebacks in his mind. The worse they would do is slap him of course. He thinks it makes them better about themselves. It’s not like he carries his role of being student council president outside of school anyway. He is like Cinderella he admits. After the last bell, everything that gets him away from trouble in school disappears. 

 

One day, Jinyoung was really tired so just in case the bullies miss him he got out of school so early a couple of minutes after Jaebum left he dashed out too. Just before he gets to the quiet path that he so often takes, five guys grabbed him and cornered him onto a wall again. Jinyoung just hopes that they’re in a good mood today that they just spit out whatever offensive te they have to say and leave.

 

Of course, Jinyoung was wrong. Usually Jinyoung would just ignore them either way. Let them hurt him without a word. But that day felt different. Jinyoung was exhausted. Meeting all week long for the upcoming festival, exams come before the festival because afterwards comes a short break, big projects he decided to take on for extra credits. Of course Jinyoung was thankful that there was a silent supporter beside him called Jaebum but it doesn’t change the fact that he was tired. And so when the first contact of palm to cheek came, it stung him like it never did. He got a headache which usually he never gets just after one blow. He was frightened that he would pass out that he had the guts to say:

 

“S..stop.. please…” which merely came out a whisper. 

 

“What?!” came the answer. 

 

“Don’t tell us you’ve gained this much courage to talk back just because you’ve ‘tamed the beast’.” came another with a mocking tone.

 

“Yeah, where is he now pauper? Where is lover boy? To tell you the truth it looks like beastie has become soft now hasn’t he boys?!” he asks and came nods of agreement. “IM JAEBUM has become soft for the poor boy!” he continues. “NERD!” he spits at Jinyoung. 

 

To be honest Jinyoung had been questioning all the rumours bout Jaebum. Yes, he is quite intimidating with his face and personality being so unreadable all the time, and his aura so intensely dominant and quite cold, but the thing is, Jinyoung hasn’t even seen him hurt a fly. There was no evidence of him actually beating up people. No videos, pictures, only whispers and stories. So he thinks everyone’s just exaggerating and no one has actually tried to even talk to the man. He’s just so mysterious that it got people intimidated. That’s what he thought.

Because of Jinyoung talking back to the bullies, he gets beaten up quite badly. It was worse than the other days because they actually punched him in the gut this time which made him choke back a tear. He got so many slaps on the face (they know better than to punch his face) every ingle blow made his ears ring. He was so tired he was on the verge of passing out. His eyes water unconsciously. Jinyoung would never cry in front of the bullies seeing as it satiates their pride.

 

Just as another blow was about to come, someone behind the mad held his hand in place. All five stopped and looked behind them. Jinyoung having been given a break from the beating, teary eyed and tired, slid down against the wall. Yet he got so satisfied seeing their blanched faces when they saw no other than Im Jaebum.

 

Jinyoung wanted to pass out then and there until he looked at Jaebum. Jaebum’s face was indistinguishable. It was different from any other facial expressions that Jinyoung had seen him in all the time they’d been having out. Not like the regular angry person that would very outwardly show it in their face. Jaebum’s face looked so controlled.

Yes it did look the same with the first time they’d met. The similar to the facial expression Jaebum gives to everyone else but this one was so cold. His eyes were dark. The air around him seem murderous and intense. It wasn’t like anyone would be able to tell that Jaebum was angry as his everyday facial expression already looks so. But Jinyoung knows, this is more hostile. It gave Jinyoung chills. 

 

Jaebum had given Jinyoung a glance and started beating up the paled boys. He gave them such hard blows that it looked like it knocked the air out of them. They had been trying to give punches but none had even scraped any part of Jaebum. Jaebum had punched in their faces, breaking their noses, making them bleed, giving them bruises. Jinyoung was able to hear bones breaking because he was seeing these all as if in the front seat of a theatre. Jaebum was doing all of these maintaining his facial expression as usual. 

 

When most of the boys were down either passed out or almost passed out, Jaebum loomed over one grabbing his stomach in pain. Jinyoung was watching as Jaebum put his foot on the boy’s leg looking down at him with those hostile eyes. It was the same man that spat out nerd into Jinyoung’s direction. 

“S.. STOP! PLEASE!” The man begged as Jaebum put pressure onto his shin. “PLEASE!.. PLEASE!” he begged more. His friends looking at him with frightened expressions but are unable to run away. Jinyoung almost felt satisfied seeing this. He thought about how similar he begged just minutes earlier. He asked ever so nicely but all he got was more beating. ‘He asked for that fate.’ he almost made himself smile with the thought. He rolled his eyes, looked at the boys again and then he looked at Jaebum. Jaebum looked so calm about all of this. He was about to be a these boys to literal death. Jinyoung finally got his senses back. Jinyoung stood up from where he sat. Grabbing his stomach as he stood because of the pain. He walked towards the man until he was behind him. Jaebum was putting more pressure on the leg not hesitating on breaking it.

 

“Jaebum hyung.” Jinyoung musters to whisper out before coughing. He cautiously put his free hand on Jaebum’s shoulder. Jaebum looked at him and then the pressure on the leg got lighter until it was gone completely. At the same time, Jaebum’s eyes that were full of coldness turned to the regular calm, comfort, familiarity he always has with Jinyoung. It was the same facial expression just less hostile. Jinyoung let his hand slide down to Jaebum’s wrist. The fisted hand then relaxed, the popping veins in Jaebum’s arm, gone. 

 

Jaebum turned to him completely, he then proceeded to carry Jinyoung’s bag and both of them just walked away. Jaebum acting as if nothing major(he almost beat five guys to death) just happened and just walked beside Jinyoung just following his steps in the same comfortable silence they always have. Jinyoung kept giving him side glances though and finally,

 

“Thank you” he blurted out.

 

“…ung…” Jaebum didn’t even look at him and just grunted. It made Jinyoung smile that wide smile he always gets when he recognizes that Jaebum gets flustered overtime he show him how grateful he is to the man. 

 

They stay in that comfortable silence and Jinyoung let Jaebum walk him home.

 

“It took for me to get a beating before you finally visit my house?” Jinyoung laughed when he sees that Jaebum was still with him when he opened the front door. Jinyoung knew his grandmother was already asleep and so they head to his bedroom. As soon as they went inside Jaebum was already looking at his cheek which is still pretty red. 

 

“Jinyoung-ah, you have to wash your face. Where is your bathroom?” Jaebum asks already holding Jinyoung’s arm to get to the bathroom. Jinyoung pointed to the door adjacent his room and Jaebum basically dragged him there. Jinyoung washed his face while Jaebum snooped around.

 

When they got back to his room Jaebum was holding a bandage and Vaseline. He then excused himself after he got pointed to the direction of the kitchen. Jinyoung heard a bit of fumbling coming from the kitchen and Jaebum came back with ice in a small towel and water in a glass. Jinyoung just looks at him curiously.

 

“Here drink this.” Jaebum said sternly as he handed Jinyoung the glass. As soon as Jinyoung finished drinking the glass of water he set it down on the table and proceeded to put the ice pack on Jinyoung’s cheek.

 

“Hold this right there.” he states. Then he starts fumbling with Jinyoung’s shirt. He lifted it up.

 

“Take this off.” he continues in a hurry. Jinyoung turned pink adding to the red stained cheeks. He was about to refuse saying he could do it himself but Jaebum looked sincerely concerned that Jinyoung just took his damned shirt off.

 

Jaebum started to put Vaseline on the formed bruise on his stomach. It was the first time Jinyoung got beaten up this bad although he thought he’s not one to complain as the bullies got beaten up almost to the point of death. Jaebum then put the bandage on his stomach area and gave him a shirt to put on. After that he took off the ice pack(now wet towel and smaller ice cubes) from his hands and face and put Vaseline on his cheek too. Jaebum’s hands were so gentle and his face was so close to Jinyoung’s and it was so concentrated that Jinyoung blushed again. Jaebum doesn’t notice and just proceeds with his task. 

“Th..Thank you so much for helping me hyung.” He stammers. They both look into each other’s eyes for a nano second and look away. Somehow Jinyoung feels awkward and bashful. 

 

“O..oh Junior is here by the way. You can play with him if you want.” Jaebum finally notices the little kitten on the bed next to Jinyoung. Jaebum plays with the little kitten and Jinyoung just stares at both of them playing. 

 

Jinyoung catches himself staring and makes himself believe that it was because of how cute Junior is. But who is he kidding, the man with the two moles just below his eyebrow, the serious man that only talks to him, he enjoys the attention Jaebum gives him, nothing changes after seeing the man fight.

 

He’s fallen for Im Jaebum.

 

 

 

a/n: (comment responses)

@Aauboo : Thank you~! .. Also yes i'm soft for soft JB fro JY... here's another update...

@sehijaudaun : Thank u~ lol i'll try to make the next chapter longer mian~! but first.. here's an update...