Kitty

Tamed

Jinyoung got home after he got over the incident and processed that now, he has a kitten. The little one stayed fairly still in his hands. It was so tiny it fit in his palm and it kept itself occupied by playing with one of Jinyoung’s fingers.  Jinyoung set it down on his bed. The house Jinyoung lives in is what you’d expect from a low income family. Exactly two rooms, one for him and the other for his grandmother that had raised him since he was a baby. His mother bid farewell to the godforsaken planet after the pressure of giving birth at the young age of seventeen. His father,  who loved his mother dearly, wasn’t able to bear with life without the other and therefore took his last breath a few days later. This is the story his grandmother had told him as soon as he started to comprehend the words in his books. He was grateful the the old lady was so straightforward with him(something Jinyoung doesn’t realize he got from her). He is also thankful because she asked for nothing in return for taking care of him. 

 

“Oh shush about it already! You’re like a cat! You didn’t even need my help most of the time. I just had to feed you and bathe you.” is what his grandmother had said every time he tell her and then she proceeds to smile fondly and ruffle his hair. 

 

Jinyoung was so grateful to her that he studied hard to get into the academy with a scholarship. His goal is to get her into a better, bigger house. For her to rest and watch TV all day instead of sewing dolls for extra cash to add to what the government gives her. She had prevented Jinyoung from working part time because;

 

 “You’ll have all the time to work after your studies so enjoy your school life”. Jinyoung almost cries overtime he sees how selfless she is. ‘How can a human being be this kind hearted!’

 

Now back to the Kitten. Jinyoung felt so happy that he finally got a pet. He’s always wanted one but buying one would be too expensive and therefore seeing a stray kitten this cute was a miracle. ‘Pets are believed to be one of the factors to decrease stress’ the nerd in him remembers reading one time. 

 

“What shall I name you?” Jinyoung asks the kitten (it’s rhetorical because Jinyoung is very much aware that cats ini fact do don't talk)

 

Now actually having a pet, Jinyoung realizes that naming one is so hard! So many names for one little thing. He ponders over it while getting milk from the fridge for the kitten. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the money to buy cat food for the little one but he figures milk and sharing his food with it would be good enough. The name thing was so hard he was still pondering over it while reviewing the materials he’s learned that day which he dies everyday and then going over future topics as well(yup! day in the life of a scholarship student). He then falls asleep after doing his daily rituals of course. 

 

He wakes up with he little one snuggling beside him. With the shuffling on the bed, the little kitten woke up as well. ‘I should probably introduce you to grandma’ he thinks to himself while looking at the little one. Jinyoung’s grandmother wakes up early dawn like clockwork and therefore they have breakfast together every day. This is the only time Jinyoung is able to talk properly and catch up to his grandmother. 

 

“Grandma, I’ve found this stray cat on the road.” Jinyoung says kitten in hand while she was preparing breakfast(they take turns to prepare. His grandmother is not like any other grandmothers, she’s a cool grandmother.) 

 

“Yes yes I know, I’ll look after it while you go to school.” His grandma says not even looking up to look at the thing. Jinyoung smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

 

“Thanks grandma! You know how much I love you right?” 

 

“yes yes now go eat breakfast before you get late for school and you have to scold yourself for being tardy.” she simply says. Jinyoung knows her grandmother have also wanted a pet to keep her company whilst being alone most of the time at home. She had always beamed whenever she sees pets on TV.

 

In school Jinyoung had also become quite famous for being able to be as close to Jaebum as he is. They very rarely talk buy considering he’s still alive is pretty impressive for others. They had a nickname for the already; the JJ project, made by their headmaster, the beast(-_-) and the nerd(ㅍ_ㅍ). 

 

At first period when Jinyoung came in Jaebum was his usual self already propped on the desk in the napping position but as he sat down Jaebum woke up and looked at him ( -_-) and proceeded to reach over to get something from his bag.  Jinyoung would’ve lied if he said he didn't scared at all but he knows more than to overreact and he was right to stay calm because all Jaebum did was  give him a plastic bag. He looked confused for a second until he looked inside and saw cat food inside. 

 

“Th..Thanks!” was all Jinyoung can get out of his system. Jaebum just stared for another second and proceeded to nap again. The class has started but all Jinyoung could think of was how cute the gesture was. ‘Who knew this “heartless” man with such an intimidating aura can be so cute whilst maintaining a poker face on.’ All Jinyoung could do was smile to himself. 

 

 

By second period, Jinyoung had decided to talk to the other man more. They had just both sat down and Jinyoung has started talking before Jaebum has a chance to prop his head in his folded arms to sleep again. 

 

“Thanks again for the cat food.” 

 

“…ung…” Jaebum grunted with one nod.(  -_-) Jinyoung can’t help but think he looks like a nonaggressive bear. Jinyoung felt comfortable talking to the man now. 

 

“I don’t know what to name him. He’s so tiny.” Jinyoung says trying not to sound too thrilled about conversing but also keeping a smile. Yes Jinyoung is excited talking to someone. This school is full of rich snooty kids that do not want to be seen with the scholarship student(he’s a pauper in their eyes) unless they wanted something that the student council can give. He figures Jaebum is also rich seeing as he doesn’t even listen to lectures and he still gets to sit there in the same class as Jinyoung (again, does he even pass his classes?)

 

Jaebum still stares at him but his eyes turn to slits that make Jaebum’s eyes barely visible. Now he’s actually staring at Jinyoung. “…Junior…” he says simply.

 

Jinyoung looked at him confused trying to process every detail on what the other had said and how he said it. 

 

“Sorry?” Jinyoung asked coming to a conclusion of ‘???’ 

 

“A name suggestion. You remind me of a cat.” Jaebum said as a matter of fact.

 

“aa…I…I actually like that name. Maybe i’ll just call him that. Junior.” Jinyoung was able to stutter out as he felt his face heat up hopefully not that red. ‘Well that came out of nowhere.’ 

 

“I..if you want you can visit him as well.” Jinyoung continued cautiously.

 

“…ung…” Jaebum just grunted again with his one nod.

 

 

 

a/n:

??? (haha this lol) btw creds to the owners of all the pics i use!