oh...

Tamed

Breakfast was normal. If you consider normal being all four boys trying to get Jinyoung’s attention. Jackson intentionally using scissors to eat the pajeon. Jinyoung smacking him and giving him chopsticks. Bambam stuffing his face and almost choking. Jinyoung tapping this back and giving him water. Yugyeom constantly saying how good a chef Jinyoung is and Jinyoung constantly thanking him. Youngjae just being himself and needing constant attention and help which Jinyoung happily gives. He’s spilt a cup of water at some point and looked at Jinyoung guiltily. ‘Honestly, how have these boys survived?’ he just gives Youngjae a smile and nod.

 

“Mark hyung can you grab the paper towels please?” Jinyoung asks seeing as Mark was the one closest to the kitchen. 

 

“Yea, for sur…” he got cut off by Jaebum getting up.

 

“I’ll get it.” He says with his normal nonchalant face. They all stare at his retreating back in awe. Jinyoung is not aware with whatever just happened as he was too busy attending to the water about to spill on the floor.

 

 

Jinyoung had stayed over until noon and decided to go home to check up on his grandma and little Junior. 

 

“I’ll walk you home.” Mark suggests earning a look from Jaebum. “Jaebum-ah, you have something to do don’t you.” he continues. 

 

“You do too don’t you?” Jaebum replies. He knows they have a job to do today and Mark does have something to do.

 

“Youngjae can cover for me, he’s as good, or even better.” Mark says looking at Youngjae earning a nod from the latter.  Jinyoung then proceeds too say goodbyes to the others earning sad cries and whines but it’s not like he can stay forever.

 

“Bye hyung, see you in school.” he says to Jaebum preventing any other protests.

 

Him and Mark walk to his house. Mark was quiet, but you can see a mischievous glint in his eyes. He has very similar qualities with Jinyoung and therefore they have undeniable chemistry. It was like, they are both quiet people but they just can’t be quiet when they’re together and therefore are forced to talk more. This had cause Jinyoung to become quite comfortable with Mark as well.

 

 

For a few months, Jinyoung had become much closer to the other boys seeing as they always want him to visit. He sleeps over during weekends and sometimes after schools when he doesn’t have meetings he goes with Jaebum to his house and visits. It seemed as though he had become part of the family. He’d maintained his silent camaraderie with Jaebum, still keeping his feelings to himself. He’s become more talkative with the others, responding to all their necessities like a mother bird. To Mark he’s as talkative as ever, he’d also learned to aegyo with the elder as well (it works ok…) and Mark had been pretty talkative with him too. Jaebum had met his grandmother with all the times he’s visited Junior, the little kitty which is growing pretty well.

 

It’s not like Jinyoung is hoping for anything but maybe it’s the exclusivity of the way Jaebum treats him. He thinks he might have a chance. MIGHT… 

 

*a month after his first visit, Im’s residence*

 

They’d just finished eating and Jinyoung and Mark had taken the liberty of doing the dishes. After they’d finished they went back to the living area where everyone was already ready for a movie. The couch had three residents; Jaebum on one end, Yugyeom in the middle and a free spot on the other end. Mark sat on the free spot and gestured jokingly for Jinyoung to sit on his lap. Jinyoung takes the dare and sits on Mark’s lap knocking some air from the latter. It made everyone laugh except for one maybe.

 

“Yugyeom, go sit on the floor with the others.” Jaebum tells Yugyeom. Yugyeom complies 

(^ __^.   ) (—_—   )

 

Jaebum wasn’t jealous. Well, maybe a bit. Jinyoung seemed too close to Mark. Much closer than how him and Jinyoung are. They talk more and laugh together. Most times when Jaebum and Jinyoung hang out it’s quite company. They’re just around each other.

 

“Jinyoung-ah.” Jaebum says and then Jinyoung sits where the maknae used to be. He’s resumed the position they always have when reading together. 

 

Jinyoung’s already turned red when Jaebum had asked the maknae to leave. He wanted to believe that it made Jaebum jealous but in his heart it wasn’t true. 

 

When Jinyoung had resumed regular position Jaebum felt relieved. ‘That’s right, he’s my friend first.’ is all he thinks. 

 

 

 

Jinyoung had noticed Jaebum’s requests had increased since he started giving attention to his brothers. Until that time…

 

*About three weeks ago*

 

Bambam and Yugyeom went with Jinyoung to the supermarket. Since Jinyoung had come to their lives, Bambam had someone else to cook. Usually he lets Jinyoung cook now and therefore when shopping for groceries, Jinyoung goes.  

 

While Jinyoung was chasing what kind of meat to buy, looking through deals, Bambam also looking in the same isle, he hears the intercom. 

 

“Chaperone of Yugyeom, please come to the costumer service immediately.” Holy what did that kid do now. Jinyoung wasted no time and went immediately, Bambam following closely. 

 

They get to costumer service and sees Yugyeom sitting on the chair just right behind the receptionist looking guiltily at Jinyoung.

 

“M..mianhae hyung.. I didn’t mean to!” Yugyeom immediately pipes up. ‘Didn’t mean to what now?’ Jinyoung thinks.

 

“Are you the chaperone of this child?” the woman at the desk asked and Jinyoung gave a nod. “Well.. this child had knocked down a whole stack of boxes causing one of the display TVs to drop and the screen shattered. He’d looked at Yugyeom incredulously. 

 

“What?” he asks the kid.

 

“I… I was just so excited about the new trailer and I was watching I didn’t realize i’d backed up onto a stack of boxes and I.. I’m sorry.” Yugyeom explained and then looked down. (_  _.  )

 

“It’s ok… it’s ok…” Jinyoung calmly says patting Yugyeom’s back. The maknae was so giant it was bound to happen. “I’d have to call Jaebum hyung though cause we don’t have enough here.” Jinyoung continues talking about the money they brought. He felt Yugyeom tense up at the mention of the man but did not protest. As Jinyoung walked away for a bit to call the man he’d heard Bambam say,

 

“Oooh… Yugyeom-ah be thankful uri eomma took that so well.” and he could see Yugyeom about to cry. 

 

 

Jaebum got to the mart within fifteen minutes. He’d went directly to the costumer service and paid for the TV full in cash, which was about $500. And then Jaebum looked(glared) at Yugyeom probably about to go off and get mad at the maknae. Jinyoung saw this and Yugyeom was so scared he could see the boy’s eyes watering and so he touched Jaebum’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung… don’t… he just got excited.” Jinyoung explains. Jaebum deeply sighs and calms down. He knew he lost. He couldn’t argue with Jinyoung. Besides, money wasn’t a problem, but the boy had to learn his mistakes. But then again it’s not like he can beat him up.

 

Jaebum had walked ahead, Bambam following him closely. Jinyoung was walking beside Yugyeom.

 

“It’s ok Yugyeom-ah. Just be careful next time ok?” Jinyoung says patting the boy’s back whose head still hung low. He then looked up at Jinyoung and started to bawl. 

 

“Eomaaaaa~ Mianhae.. Thank you for understanding! I didn’t mean toooo! It was an accident.”      ( ㅠㅡㅠ. )  “ Mianhaeee eommaaaaa.” he continued to bawl latching himself onto Jinyoung.

Jinyoung, speechless at the new nickname pats his back. “I… it’s ok Yugyeom-ah… it’s ok” he continues patting his back. He then looks up a bit ahead of them, Jaebum and Bambam had also stopped walking and were looking. Bambam had a full on smile while Jaebum was smirking. Jaebum pointed at him and mouthed ‘Eomma’. Jinyoung just shushed them giving Yugyeom time to continue bawling. The boy was probably shaken up too much (a/n: this boy has probably already beaten up people but Jinyoung doesn’t need to know that…)

 

“Appa should forgive Gyeommie too.” Jinyoung heard Bambam tell Jaebum. Jinyoung flushed full red in the face. ‘Of course Jaebum was appa… ugh’ Jinyoung thought. 

 

“yea…ok…” he hears Jaebum murmur. ‘Of course he responses to appa..uuuurgh..’ Jinyoung continues to think. Jaebum walks up to them and pats Yugyeom’s back.

 

“It’s ok.” he simply says. And Yugyeom looks up and sees him and continues to bawl and hugs him.

 

“Miiaaannhaaae~ appaaaaa!” he bawls on Jaebum’s shoulder. Now it was Jinyoung’s time to point at him and mouth ‘appa’ the laugh. Jinyoung wasn’t ready for the smile Jaebum gives him though.

 

Bambam’s just there watching over his makeshift family.

 

 

Of course Jinyoung’s hopes would be up. The exclusivity of how Jaebum treats him. The way he seeks for more attention when they’re around the boys. The way he doesn’t mind the maknae line calling them eomma and appa. It gave Jinyoung hope. He wanted to believe that he might have a chance with Jaebum. And so he decides; ‘It’s time to confess!’ he thinks determined. Jaebum must be attracted to him too with all these special treatment and low key jealousy. It made Jinyoung smile thinking about how Jaebum’s nonchalant face changes to that of discomfort every time Jinyoung gets close to the boys. It was like he wanted all his attention. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Friday, break time, roof top*

 

Jinyoung had reached the roof deck prepared to finally say what’s been on his mind. 

 

He sees Jaebum sitting by the edge leaning against the rail eating his sandwich. and walk towards him. Jaebum sees him and Jinyoung lowers his gaze and stops just standing in front of Jaebum.

 

“Hyung… I have something to tell you…” he says looking down. He’s ready. thinking about all the times Jaebum let him rest his head on his shoulder. Thinking about the time Jaebum had fought the bullies for him. Thinking about him being eomma and Jaebum being appa. 

 

“… ok, hurry and then eat…” he says looking at his sandwich and then at Jinyoung again taking a bite.

 

“Hyung… I… I like you!” he says a little too loudly. He was still looking down, now with closed eyes. There was a moment of silence.

 

“Jinyoung-ah” Jaebum says. Jinyoung opens his eyes expectantly, a smile threatening to form on his face. He finally looks up failing to stop his smile.

 

He sees Jaebum’s face. The nonchalance was gone. Jaebum finally had a different expression. He looked at Jinyoung with a face full of sorry… 

 

And then the realization hit him… he was wrong…

“I…i’m sorry…” He hears Jaebum say, looking at him with sorry eyes.

 

Jinyoung was wrong.

 

Jaebum does not like him. 

 

Well at least not like Jinyoung had hoped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: (comment response)

@Aauboo : tenkutenku... jjparents ftw!.. here's your update XD...mian

@EIZAWU : Thank you very very very very very very much! <3

@elsatuna : Update granted... thank uuuu!

@sehijaudaun : You know, I am really loving these comments you leave... <3 here's an update for ya! mian...