everyone be ???

Tamed

Jaebum had started asking about little Junior regularly. Their conversations are short but this is cause by both of their personalities. Both like going straight to the point on what to talk about. It had been and still is  a silent camaraderie but Jinyoung believes that Jaebum had become a friend as well. The usually quiet man had started talking to him more often. The first time people see them talking has looked curiously at the two seemingly satisfied having short exchanges. They had looked surprised at first and started whispering but after a few days it had died down like every other rumour that goes around. They have been inseparable in the academy the past few weeks. Not so much that they look for each other (considering Jinyoung doesn’t even need to look after Jaebum anymore) but they always gravitate towards each other. The silent company making both of them comfortable. Although Jaebum still gets out of school asap and therefore their camaraderie stops within school grounds.

 

It had been a normal day for both of them walking towards second period class. They walk in comfortable silence as usual and then;

 

“Jinyoung-ah!” Jaebum had wanted to ask him about Junior again but the way he had called Jinyoung’s name seemed too aggressive and intimidating. Jinyoung proceeded to look at him in utter surprise by the way he had said his name. Jaebum showed a hint of apology in his facial expression and Jinyoung completely understood that Jaebum didn’t mean to do it so he just laughed. He jokingly circled around Jaebum hitting slightly with his shoulder trying to be as intimidating as possible while saying:

 

“Wae? wae..! wae?!” 

 

This made Jaebum look down and put on a small smile. ‘This cat person cannot intimidate anyone.’ Jaebum thought. He has become fond of the other he had to admit. 

 

When Jinyoung was done teasing they both had smiles on their faces. They finally look around and EVERYONE in the same hallway looked so shocked about what they had just witnessed. Probably their first time seeing Im Jaebum smile as well. But the fact that Jinyoung can joke around with him like that made the people talk again. Both boys decided to ignore the shocked faces and continued on with their walk towards class. What they had missed were the whispers. 

 

“Are they together? Have you seen what happened? They’re totally together?!”

 

“So the pauper had tamed the beast. Who knew?”

 

“The beast has been tamed by Pres. Jinyoung! Did you see him smile? I was scared but I wanted to smile with them too!”

 

“JJ Project are so cute!”

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum were clueless about the new rumours created by the incident. Until break and Jinyoung had let Jaebum go to the roof first excusing himself for the washroom. He had just finished washing his hands when a couple boys came in;

 

“Yo Prez! is it true you put a collar on the beast?” one boy said immediately followed by the other;

 

“This means you definitely prefer the bottom bunk huh?” 

 

“S…sorry what?” Jinyoung asked dumbfounded. 

 

“You’re dating him aren’t you? Beastie? Im Jaebum?” the first one said as both looked at him with prying-questioning expressions. 

 

“Ah…ah…I’m sorry.” Jinyoung had been simultaneously confused and afraid that that was all he could mutter before he speed-walked away. 

 

Jinyoung got to the rooftop out of breath and a little  flustered. Jaebum, who was about to bite into a sandwich, looked at him expression questioning. Jinyoung saw this and thought that he saw a bit of concern in the expression as well. It made him more flustered. ‘Dating…him?! how? since when?’ he thought walking towards the man.

 

“Jinyoung-ah?” Jaebum only had to say that and Jinyoung was spilling the truth.

 

“Everyone thinks we’re dating.” he just lays it out as if trying to conceal the emotions of confusion and nerves he’s feeling just thinking about it. Jaebum looked deep in thought for a moment and then proceeded to say;

 

“It’s okay, the rumours will die down. Now go start eating. Did you run here? why are you out of breath?” Jaebum asked. Jinyoung saw qualities in Jaebum that would be great in a leader. Sort of stern yet filled with concern. 

 

“I guess… Yah I sort of did run here. Afraid I’d miss the chance to eat” Jinyoung saw the way Jaebum was so unfazed by the rumour that  he also just tried to forget and let pass. 

 

A couple weeks later…THE RUMOUR DID NOT PASS!… 

 

Of course jinyoung and Jaebum had  to see this coming their way…

 

*a week back*

 

During first period for the first time, Jaebum had suddenly told Jinyoung that he wanted to visit Junior. The thing was Jinyoung remembered he had been the one to invite Jaebum to visit Junior when Jaebum suggested the name but Jinyoung was so excited that day about Jaebum talking to him that he’d forgotten that he was being bullied by people from their school. He knew Jaebum had already saw him but he didn’t want to let him see again JUST IN CASE something happens. He trusts Jaebum it’s just that the bullies are so persistent that they might say something that Jaebum won’t like and IF he was the monster they said he was then they all knew what would happen. And therefore JUST IN CASE. Jinyoung knew he had to tell Jaebum a lie as he didn’t just want to blatantly say no. It was the first time Jaebum showed interest in hanging out with him after school.

 

“Hyung, mianhae but I have student council stuff going on” he says.

 

“I’ll just wait for you” he suggests nonchalantly. Jinyoung’s heart swells with emotions as this is the first time someone in this school had shown interest in hanging out with him outside of school.

 

 “… aaand therefore I will unfortunately be here until wee hours of the night.” he says cringing and hoping this doesn’t make Jaebum change his mind about being friends.

Jaebum looked at him curiously as if trying to read his expression and then proceeded to prop his head onto his hand and look outside instead of at Jinyoung. Jinyoung knows that Jaebum is probably sulking, this was the first time he’s seen it but he notes that when Jaebum sulks he feigns losing interest in conversation and stays quiet.  And so Jinyoung did what anyone would do to someone who’s sulking. He did aegyo; 

 

“Jaebommie hyungiie~ mianhae.” he says in a singsong voice. “Please forgive Jinyoungie…Nyeow…” Jinyoung proceeds with his smile that make his eye crinkle making him seem more cat like.

Jaebum looks at the other and stares. ‘This weird behaviour, is he acting cute? Oh no he looks so much like a cat! Are you even sure you’re human’ Jaebum thinks ‘So i have to forgive you since you acted cute right? ok fine’ is all Jaebum thinks as he looks at the other doing aegyo trying to apologize to him. 

 

People in that class saw their student council president do aegyo for the first time. They saw how the once sulky Jaebum face Jinyoung that made him relax his tight expression. Some students felt the adorableness of the exchange while others were just witnesses.

 

Of course they’d seen this coming… but that never stopped them from doing such things.

 

*3 days ago*

 

The class before break had just finished and the two just got out of the classroom when the vice president of the student council cautiously came up to them. They both looked at the boy, Jaebum just right behind him.

 

“Jinyoung! We have a problem. Most of the classes want to do maid cafes for the upcoming school festival.” he said in one breath, fidgeting and seemingly nervous. Now Jinyoung doesn’t get why the man just wont stand still but he figured he was just stressed about the thing.

 

“Ok. Go to the office and announce a student council meeting after school to discuss further.” Jinyoung orders.

“O..ok” he said and almost ran away. Jaebum was still standing behind him just quiet. 

Basically overtime someone converse with Jinyoung Jaebum just looks like he wants to murder them. To be completely honest, it just happens because other than to Jinyoung who he got used to, Jaebum has his usual relaxed face and his aura changes to one of intimidation again. 

 

So with all of Jinyoung’s aegyo and exclusive softness, the rumours were anything but dead. It got spread to the whole school and even outside. 

 

“Im Jaebum, JYP Academy’s famous beast have gone soft!”

 

“I’ve heard a scholarship student managed to tame the beast!”

 

“The pauper is dating the beast! How cool!”

 

Both Jaebum and Jinyoung are aware of the rumours still being alive and because both of them usually don’t care about such things, they just keep quiet about it. No one has the guts to confirm with them exclusively. With both their personalities having learned to be ignorant about things happening around them for both different reasons. Jinyoung having to deal with bullying and Jaebum, having been taught that others’ opinion are irrelevant. 

 

 

 

 

a/n: (comment response)

@jbnoona : Thank you~! here's an update!