missed...

Tamed

Jaebum was unsure. Unsure if he should tell Jinyoung seeing as it would probably make the other happy, finally having his affection reciprocated. Jaebum was unsure though. It was like enlightenment, it was so sudden. He doesn’t know what to do. Suddenly the was he felt about Jinyoung had changed. ‘Is this what it feels like to like someone?’ Jaebum didn’t talk to anyone about it. He’s too prideful and so he just kept it on the back of his mind. Trying to confirm it on his own before telling Jinyoung to prevent any more hurt upon the other.

 

                                          ============================

 

Jinyoung had convinced the boys to get out of the room and make use of the huge backyard they had. 

 

“Ya’ll need fresh air! Be more grateful of what you have!” he suddenly says. No one argues with him. 

 

“We can have a barbecue outside.” Youngjae suggests. 

 

“It’s decided, we’re going to have a barbecue.” Jinyoung states and everyone starts to get it ready. Everyone had learned to listen to Jinyoung well. 

 

They had taken turns watching the cooking meat but otherwise the maknaes had started playing games that everyone had joined. 

 

During a game of truth or dare, everyone had gathered in a circle. Jackson being dared to do five consecutive backflips. Yugyeom admitting he misses some boy named Jungkook. Bambam kissing Mark on the cheek. A lot had happened and then suddenly it was Jinyoung’s turn.

 

“I dare you to hug Jaebum hyung!” Jackson perks up laughing.

 

“Is that really your dare Jackson? That’s more like a prize to me.” Jinyoung states laughing making everyone laugh too but he stands up and goes up to Jaebum who was currently in front of the grill tending to the food. 

 

“Uri nampyeon~ come gimme a hug!” Jinyoung says while walking up to Jaebum getting the man’s attention. The boys were laughing at the nickname and at Jaebum’s face when hearing it. If Jaebum had been honest he was excited to get a hug from the smiling man. It made his heart pound. 

 

Jinyoung hugged him. Jinyoung had perched his head on Jaebum’s shoulder. Jaebum had instinctively put his arms around the other’s waist. Jaebum had felt Jinyoung’s heart pounding on his chest as well making him relieved that the other was probably just as excited and nervous about it. It was their first hug since they’d met. He then smiled hearing Jinyoung’s little laugh. 

 

 

*BANG*

 

 

They all hear a loud bang. Then Jaebum hears a small gasp from his shoulder. While everyone was looking for the source, Jaebum had pulled away from the hug keeping his hands on the other’s back and looking at Jinyoung’s face. It had the look of surprise, and then pain, and then Jinyoung’s eyes seemed to lose life closing his eyes and losing consciousness on Jaebum’s shoulder again. Jinyoung was limp in his embrace. Jaebum had looked at his hands and seen blood. Too much blood. On Jinyoung’s back. 

 

Jinyoung’s been shot. Jinyoung’s beEN SHOT! JINYOUNG IS SHOT!!

 

“JINYOUNG-AH!” All boys look int this direction. Jaebum had put the limp body of the boy down. He’d tried to wake him up without moving him too much. All the boys had ran up to them. Youngjae immediately calling the private ambulance their father had set up for them. 

 

Suddenly a group of thugs had come int the stone arch going into the house. Jaebum sees and he felt anger take over him. So much anger inside him. He’s pissed and everyone could tell. 

 

Who the are these people?! Daring to come into my house! ing shooting people!

 Jaebum went closer to them making the thugs stop just near the entrance.

 

“Who shot the gun?” Jaebum asked full of hostility but calm. No one spoke for a second.

 

“Oh it was me. Haha I missed my aim. It was for you. Haha.” one of the thugs answered.

 

It made Jaebum see red. “Missed your aim? Missed your ing aim?” 

 

 

“Yeah man, sorr…” the smug look on the man’s face disappeared when Jaebum was suddenly in front of his face. Jaebum grabbed the man’s neck and threw him down to the ground. The other things were too surprised to react to the sudden situation. Jaebum then held the man’s throat with his one hand and choked the life out of him. He’d seen it. The way the man’s eyes suddenly lost life. But he could care less. This man deserved it. ‘Missed the shot?

 

“It would’ve been better if you hadn’t.” Jaebum says as as the man breathes his final breath. Making sure that was the last ting the man heard. 

 

It didn’t satisfy Jaebum’s anger though and so he continued to beat up all the other thugs. They had bats and knives but Jaebum is Jaebum so of course he wouldn’t care. The other boys were busy tending to Jinyoung. Jaebum ripped the throats of almost a dozen people. He didn’t care. Was Jinyoung even alive? keeps running through his head which makes him angrier. Taking a life for Jaebum was easy, that was it. This time it was different. He’s taking these people’s lives and it’s satisfying him. He’s doing it because of the emotion he feels. Anger. 

 

When Jaebum finished, his hands were bloody. Not a scratch on his face. He went near Jinyoung again. Upon seeing the unconscious man, the red in his eyes had started to clear. He looked at Jinyoung softly. Jinyoung who is lying on his own blood because of a bad shot. As if his life was nothing. But no, Jinyoung’s life was far more precious than all of theirs combined. 

 

Jaebum kneeled down to caress Jinyoung’s face. He hadn’t realized he was crying until a tear dropped from his face to Jinyoung’s cheek. For the first time in his life, his tears have come out of his eyes. For the first time in his life he was scared about something. 

 

“Jinyoung-ah… Jinyoung-ah! wake up! Please!” Jaebum felt desperate. “Where is the ing ambulance?!” Jaebum screams. 

 

“H-hyung.. I… it’s coming.” Youngjae answers. Jaebum finally looks around him to the faces of his brothers. His tears had subsided a little. The boys were crying too. Yugyeom’s eyes were bloodshot; Bambam was still silently bawling; Youngjae was hiccuping a tear or two escaping him. 

 

Jaebum then calmed down knowing that seeing Jaebum broken down would alarm the others.

 

When the ambulance did come, Jaebum had let the maknaes go with Jinyoung to the hospital. Jaebum couldn’t bear it, seeing Jinyoung’s lifeless form had made him break down. What more if  he find out the the life would never come back. No. Jaebum couldn’t afford to think that. He had to be calm and collected for his brothers. He had to be responsible, they’d looked up to him. 

 

Jaebum stayed at home with mark and Jackson. Jackson quietly disposing of the bodies that Jaebum had left. Mark had started looking up the thugs.

 

“I think those thugs are new in town. Probably heard your name somewhere with an ambition to take over power of the city.” Mark explains to Jaebum. Jaebum just sat on the couch. staring into nothing. 

 

“Missed his shot.” he says to himself and then looked at Mark. “He’d missed his shot. Can you believe it. He said it like Jinyoung’s life was expendable.” Jaebum laughed bitterly but maintained his cool facade. 

 

Mark looked at him knowingly. “Jaebum-ah… you don’t need to hide how you feel. We wont lose respect for you by showing emotions. Jinyoung deserves better than us huh?” Mark says.

 

“Hyung i’m just so… angry” Jaebum finally says. “I let Jinyoung get shot in my arms!” 

 

“Jaebum-ah, you can’t blame yourself. You wouldn’t have known. I bet if Jinyoung was awake when you are beating up those people, he would’ve tried to stop you.” 

 

Jackson was not leaning against the door listening to them. “Why do the nicest people get hurt the most?” he chides in.

 

“… I’d just figured it out too…” Jaebum says putting his face onto his hands and proceeds to drag out of his hands to go through his hair with an exasperated sigh.

                               ======================================

 

The maknaes were inside the ambulance looking over Jinyoung.

 

“You guys came so late!” Yugyeom screams looking at the team of nurses trying to see if Jinyoung had a pulse and seemingly having a hard time.

 

The three can feel the panic in the nurses faces and it makes them anxious. Yugyeom being the one to show his anger and worry aloud. Bambam just silently crying with Youngjae. 

 

When they do find a pulse on the way to the hospital, the three had calmed down a bit. But getting anxious again when they’d taken him inside the ER, leaving them to wait. 

 

They’d waited…for hours. At a quarter past twelve, not like they’d been counting (A/n: Hint: they were.), the surgeon got out of the ER and the three had immediately stood up knowing the doctor had news. 

 

“Boys…haven’t seen you guys in a long time.” he starts, their father knows this surgeon.

 

“How is he doc.?” Yugyeom says trying to cut to the chase. The doctor’s face fell.

 

“Well… it wasn’t easy. The bullet had been close to his heart. It also didn’t stay whole so we had to find all the remnants inside him. There is a bit of trauma on his right lung as well. His condition isn’t stable yet so we couldn’t give you a final result. We’re going to have to hook him up with a breathing apparatus because something is obstructing his breathing. He’s going to have to stay in the hospital seeing as we have to observe his condition.” 

 

The tears had started again not wanting to say anything. The doctor looked at them.

 

“He must be that important to you huh? This my first time seeing you guys looking so defeated. Was it an attempted murder?” 

 

“Please help him doc. He doesn’t deserve this.” Bambam choked out. 

 

“Of course. We will give him the best medical attention he needs.” the doctor reassured. He didn’t press them with more questions about the shaken up boys. He’d also called Mr. Im seeing the need to ask the man about what had gotten his sons, usually so calm and collected, this worried.

 

They had put Jinyoung into the room that their father reserved with the ambulance. (a/n: Their job… remember their job… although they rarely use it…also why the ambulance was so ing slow cause they wasn’t ready…clearly) Youngjae left the room to call the hyungs at home to inform them about Jinyoung’s condition.

 

“Mark hyung, they say his condition is still unstable. His breathing keeps stopping. They have to keep him in the hospital to check up on him.”

“Ok Youngjae-ah, thank you for keeping calm. You guys can come home. I’ll come up there to watch over him for the rest of the night.” Mark says offering to take shifts so the maknaes can go home to rest.

 

“Hyung… Yugyeom refuses to leave the room insisting he wasn’t tired. He’d been bawling all this time… I…is Jaebum hyung okay?” 

 

“He’ll be fine Youngjae-yah.” Jaebum wasn't fine. Mark neither. Jackson is still unusually quiet. “I’ll be coming. You guys come home and rest.” 

 

“Ok hyung.” Youngjae doesn’t argue. 

 

Youngjae went inside the room again. Jinyoung lying on the bed unmoving. Tubes sticking out from everywhere. He starts tearing up again. Yugyeom still silently tearing up, eyes swollen but keeping his eyes on Jinyoung. Bambam had fallen asleep curled up on the couch. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: How was hat chapter guys... XP... dont worry i'll kill Jaebum too and put their tombstones side by side as he wanted XD

@Aauboo : Jinyoungie has such pretty lips like... I'm legit jelly! XD (TT_TT)

@sehijaudaun : Yes Jaebum... lil tsundere haha XD friends my . 

@Leena-shi : thank you for liking the gifas and pics :D... but jealous Jaebum OR... Beast Jaebum eumhaha.. emotional JAebum? XD

@Sammycircle : right?! now how is he gonna tell Jirongie (TT_TT) XD

@iamMRsimple : haha 30+ ?! XD Thank you for liking it! I love your username(Makes me remember my elf days)