Intimidating af

Tamed

Jaebum is, to put it simply, infamous, in JYP Academy. It wasn't that anyone saw him murder a human being but rather through stories without source, a mere passing of words from friends to acquaintances to other friends until everyone and their professors have heard of the story that Im Jaebum is a heartless beast that would kill without a thought. He is not a force to be reckoned with as they all say...

 

So imagine what Jinyoung, student council president, felt when said 'force' just happens to pass by on the street where he was in the middle of getting bullied (a normal thing that happens when you're a studious scholarship student that are close to teachers but not any other student in particular). He was scared to say the least, more so of Jaebum than the bullies(don't ask, he got used to it already). Fortunately though and to his surprise as well, said bullies started to cower with one glance from Im Jaebum. It lasted for merely a second but the bullies scattered away in fear that whatever they were doing would make the man put them in his radar. Im Jaebum continued on walking undisturbed; face void of expression, bag slung on one shoulder, hand inside hoodie pockets, although nearing summer already. 

 

Jinyoung was grateful and scared simultaneously. He had heard of the rumours about Im Jaebum of course but he had never crossed paths with him until today. Being bullied on his way home has already been routine and this is the first time he'd seen the man pass by. With one look Jinyoung had analyzed the intimidating man. Jaebum might not be much taller than him but his presence screamed dominance. His nonchalant face and body language seemed relaxed but the air around him felt aggressive. Jinyoung was still shaken up by the sudden encounter and therefore just continued walking on his way home - which is unfortunately the same path the intimidating man had continued on to- praying not to encounter the man again. 

 

After that day Jinyoung had not seen Jaebum again in school or out and his busy schedule had resumed that prevented him from pondering over the encounter until he  forgot the whole thing already. Until whispers started about the man again. Being the student council president meant that the rumours always reach his ear. Apparently Jaebum has been seen by a couple of student beating up two guys outside of school.

 

"I heard that it was so scary! It looked like he would've ate them if he could!"

 

"He looked like a beast! His eyes were so dark and he kept a pokerface while beating up the two guys!"

 

"All the rumours were true! He is heartless! I heard the guys he was beating up looked like they would bleed to death!"

 

'Assumptions! Have you even seen this happen?' Jinyoung thinks. He admits that he was scared when he had first seen the man because of all the rumours that surrounded him but he had kept this to himself. These other students speak about it as if they has seen the whole thing. Preaching to others what they think happened. Most likely over exaggerated to make the man seem even more antagonistic. Jinyoung wasn't in any way trying to protect the man in question but the way other students are talking seems like they had seen the devil itself. It was humorous and yet he knew had the responsibility to do something about it so he just went with the flow.

 

Funnily enough the headmaster of the school has also probably heard of the infamous Im Jaebum so when Jinyoung had come into his office to talk about the matter he had not been surprised. All he did was tell Jinyoung to put one of the student council members to watch over said man. The headmaster did not seem concerned and seemed confident that one person could look after the man. He even looked like he just did this to satiate the mass of students. So Jinyoung believing in democratic practice made the student council members vote on who should be in charge of looking after Jaebum. And unsurprisingly he got most if not all votes. Everyone knew Jinyoung didn't have any friends. He also didn't come from a well off family and therefore he got into the school with a scholarship that he's had to and will have to maintain. All these facts make him the expendable one in the eyes of others.

 

All of Jinyoung's classes have been rearranged in the most efficient way so that he can both academically advance and look after Im Jaebum at the same time. Jinyoung wasn't exactly sure how to "look over" said man. He was scared and yet he can't help but also be curious about him now that he basically has to study his every move anyway to make sure he doesn't hurt anyone within school grounds. His first few days in the same classes, Jinyoung sat a few feet away from  Jaebum but curiosity killed the cat as they've said so he mustered up the courage to sit next to him which made everyone look at him with a 'this guy is suicidal' kinda look considering that there are always a couple seats empty where Im Jaebum, then they'd just continue on with whatever they're doing. Jinyoung wasn't suicidal per se. It's also helping that Jaebum is never awake in any if his classes. All he does is doze off in the back of the class. The first time Jinyoung sat beside him he just looked at him for a second without any change in his expression as if he's just acknowledged his presence and continued on with his sleep. That was the moment that Jinyoung realized that Jaebum had two moles on the top of his left eye. 

 

This thing where Jinyoung sits beside the sleeping 'beast' continued on for a month with Jinyoung getting more and more comfortable seeing as he was still alive and well a week in. Jaebum didn't do anything but sleep for all his classes if not then he would stare out the window and day dream(Jinyoung doesn't even know if he passes his classes), after all classes are done he would be out even before the final bell had rang, during breaks Jaebum would be on the rooftop and seeing it's Jinyoung's responsibility to make sure he's not getting in trouble, Jinyoung stays with him on the roof. For the first few times Jinyoung would be at least 10 feet away from the man but by the end if the month they had formed this silent camaraderie not necessarily friendship but more acquaintanceship and acknowledgement of each other's presence.  It was awkward but they know of each other's presence.

 

During a rare day when Jinyoung doesn’t have to deal with bullies after school, he goes home pretty early. Walking home in the quiet street where no one rarely goes, he notices a man crouched on the side of the street. Looking more closely he sees that the man(which seemed familiar to him) was playing with what appeared to be a stray kitten. Unconsciously he walked near the man with a smile on his face. He stopped just right behind the man. 

 

“Is it a stray?” he asked with genuine curiosity. Jinyoung’s always had a soft spot for animals.

 

The man stayed quiet and so Jinyoung went beside him and crouched near the kitten as well. Now looking very closely at the man, he almost got a heart attack. Im jaebum with his poker face(-_-) on fondly playing with the kitten.  

 

The situation was so hilarious. Jinyoung wanted nothing more than to laugh at what he was seeing but he just settled for a smile. At this point Jinyoung was questioning every accusing rumour about the heartless Im Jaebum. He seemed so big and grumpy to others but he looks like a kid playing with this kitten(although still void of emotion from his face -> -_-).Then for the first time ever since they’ve met, Jinyoung heard Im Jaebum’s voice. It was barely audible but he had heard; 

 

“Yes.” he says not looking away from the small thing.

 

“Are you going to take him or her home?” Jinyoung tries to get the conversation going.

 

“Can’t.” Jaebum replies low toned. Jinyoung swears there was a hint of disappointment i  his voice.

 

“Can I keep it?” Jinyoung asks warily. 

 

At this Jaebum looked at him keeping his poker face and nods. He picks up the kitten, stands up which made Jinyoung stand as well. Again Jinyoung feels Jaebum’s presence become bigger when he stood up. He seemed so much talker than he actually is(which is like an inch talker than Jinyoung). And then Jaebum passed him over the kitten. Jinyoung was frozen on the spot with the surprise gesture and so he just stood there holding the kitten.

 

“It’s a boy.” Jaebum says and pet the kitten a few more times in Jinyoung’s arm then proceeded to walk away.