thirty eight: a new fresh start

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

It had already been a week since that chaotic incidents between Misung and Top oppa took place. I was so surprised and a bit creep out to see that everyone had been acting as if nothing happened. The day after we got called into Ajasshi's office was the day we had the YG family concert and no one even said a word to Top oppa about it. Even Jiyong oppa, he was no longer even upset about the whole thing and was just joking around with all the members just like how he would usually dol. I couldn't help it but wondered how life had been treating Misung after she got kick out, because obviously here, everything went back to normal right away. I was kinda worried about her, even though I knew it wasn't my problem but I could only just prayed for Misung. Pray that she would learn to forgive Top oppa someday and used this bad experience to better herself as she grew. 

"What are you thinking about, Jieun? You haven't been talking much since I got here." I snapped out of my thought as Jennie spoke up. 

Today was Blackpink first live showcase for their debut stage, and I was there working in the stylist team for the girls. When the event came to its end, all the members and staffs went for an afterparty at Seungri oppa's restaurant downtown but Jennie wasn't feeling it. She didn't want to back at the dorm and spent the night alone either as all her members were out, so she asked if she could just stay over at my place for the night.

Jiyong oppa was at his last rehearsal for the upcoming Bigbang world tour anyways, and they would be leaving tomorrow in the early morning so I thought it would be a great idea to have Jennie accompanying me through this time without Jiyong oppa by my side. We hadn't gotten a chance to see each other much, he had been very busy with his schedules but we still texted all the time. I missed him in a way that I had never before. Maybe it was because we were together for a couple of while now that without his presence, I kinda felt like there was a little something missing from my life.

"Jieun...?" Jennie repeated as I zoned out for the second times today.

"Oh, I was just thinking about something." I shrugged carelessly and I continued picking out some more clothes that I would be taking with me on tour, "It was just a stupid things that happened and I just couldn't get it out of my head. I kinda have a bad feeling about it somehow, I don't know why."

"Yah..talk about stupid things. Did you know that one of the team C trainee got kicked out recently? I think her name is Mi...something, I don't really remmber but all the other trainees have been saying she was caught sleeping around with one of the sunbaenims." Jennie said.

"Really?" I gasped a little, pretended to be surprised.

"Yeah, and now all the rules have been renewed and changed too. At the monthly evaluation, the girl trainees would only be evaluated by the female artists now." Jennie continued, with an interesting tone, "But still, I really wanted to know who is the guy since we all only knew of the girl. How comes no one has an idea about who the guy is...Some says he is Seven oppa. Some even says Daesung oppa and even worst, Jiyong oppa, but then no one really thinks it's him though. I mean I knew for sure it couldn't be him too. You are way too pretty, he wouldn't even dare." 

"Wow, trainees really do gossip a lot, don't they." I said with a bit of sarcasm.

"I mean that was all we do in our free times." Jennie admitted with a small laugh, "We couldn't do anything other things else cause that would require being outside and leaving the dorm so we could only just gossip about stuffs like this. To tell you the truths, I've heard a lot about Jiyong oppa as well when I was a trainee. I could tell you if you want." She said, smirking.

I let out a dry chuckle, "Yah...you know I could just easily tell him what you said, right?"

"Well, I know you wouldn't. You aren't those types of girls that would get another girls in trouble just out of nothing." Jennie smirked, knowing by heart that I really wouldn't sell her out and she wasn't wrong, "I mean there is not much of a bad things about Jiyong oppa though. He is a pretty nice guy. But omo, he was such a flirty before you. All the female trainees are obsessed over him. They would try so hard to get his attentions during the monthly evaluation. It came to the point where you don't really have to ask anyone anymore if he was going to be there or not, if the girls start to wake up at 4 in the morning to practice that month, go on diet, and went out to for the hair appointment that automatically means Jiyong oppa is going to be there."

I shook my head at Jennie's story and actually found it kinda weirdly cute how much those young girls were obsessed over my boyfriend, "Jinjja? and what about you, Jennie-ah. Were you one of those girls?" I snickered, teasingly.

"Aigoo..at the first year of being a trainee, I gotta tell you I had this huge crush on him but then it quickly went away as I realized there is no way he would like someone like me so eventually my mind just told me to gave up." Jennie muttered.

"Yah, what do you mean someone like you. You are hella pretty."

"I mean I am not saying I am not pretty, Jieun-ah." Jennie giggled, brushing her hair back dramatically, "But like I am not that kind of pretty, you know. Like you kind of pretty. Jiyong oppa almost had such a high standard when it comes to his girlfriend. Did you notice that he never dated any actresses or idols, he only go for those worldwide famous top models and like those girls with a bit of a foreign look."

I actually never noticed that too untill now that Jennie mentioned it up.

"Talk about that..tell me, Jieun." Jennie randomly demanded.

"Tell you what?"

"How is it like to be in a relationship with GD. We are always around so many people, I never got a chance to ask you this. Now that there are only the two of us, tell me." Jennie asked, looking really interested in what I was about to say.

"It's pretty normal...I mean I don't know what do you want me to talk about here, Jen." I said.

"Did you guys do it yet?" She directly asked.

Her sudden burst kinda shocked me a little as I didn't really know if I should discuss this part of my relationship with Jiyong oppa with anyone else.

"Jieun-ah, you can trust me. We are friends now and if I started dating, you would be the first one to know of too. That's how much I really trust our friendship." 

Jennie was being so sweet and by looking in her eyes, you could tell she wasn't even lying when she said she trusted me. She was that striaghtforward type of girls you would rarely find in your life, she spoke truthfully and honestly but yet out of loves. And that was actually what I liked that the most about her.

"Will you believe me if I tell you we never slept together." I said.

"Of course, I will believe you." Jennie said with a 'duh' tone, "So..the next question here is 'why?' Why you haven't done it? I mean look at him, c'mon.'" 

I threw my head back and laughed, "To be honest, I don't know. It might sound stupid but I think I am just not ready yet."

"But he is going away for a whole darn year. He is going to be one tour, Jieun-ah. Aren't you scared?" 

"Scared? Scared of what?" I asked, not getting her point.

"I don't know I mean unless you go on tour and be with him. Aren't you afraid that he was going to you know, like..be excited by other things else? I mean I am not saying you should because I don't really know him that well. You probably know him better than I do anyways but I am just saying out of my own thought only." Jennie explained, "Actually just don't think about it. I don't want you to be thinking about stuff like this too soon, you are only 19 anyways." 

"Urgh. I hate it when people remind me how young I am seriously." I groaned, feeling a little disturbed by that.

"Mianhaee~" She bawled, "So..when exactly is he leaving for the tour again? Isn't it like tomorrow?"

I sighed out loudly in sadness, "Yea, they are leaving tomorrow at 7 in the morning and he has his last rehearsal tonight so I don't know when exactly will he get home either, he didn't tell me."

"Did you know your schedule for the week yet? You should talk to Sajangnim about going on tour with them." Jennie suggested.

"Aniya, I don't want to sound unprofessional. If he did plan for me to be there, he would have called me and told me about it a week ago or something. I didn't want to ask him to schedule me for this and that."

"But if you just asked, I am sure he wouldn't say no to you." Jennie said, "Do it, trust me. You don't have to do it directly if you don't want to, just call and ask for a schedule, pretending like you really want to know about your works or something."

"Should I?" I mumbled more like to myself than to Jennie. 

Grabbing my phone that was laying on the nightstand, Jennie dialed ajasshi's numbers as she remembered it accurately in her head and handed me the phone. 

"Do it." She cheered and without thinking anymore of it, I pressed the call button and put my phone up to my ear.

The call rang twice and then ajasshi picked up, "Yeoboseyo."

"Oh, Ajasshi, yeoboseyo. It's Jieun." I politely greeted him through the phone, feeling a bit awkward since we hadn't really talked for a while. 

"Aah, Jieun-ah, do you need anything? I am about to go home anyways, I could stop by in a few minutes if you want." He asked, a bit worried as he recieved a phonecall from me at this hours of the night.

"Aniyo, Ajasshi. I am all good. I was just wondering..." I stopped and looked over at Jennie who was quietly mouthing me words to speak, "I was just wondering what is my schedule for the next week?"

"Oh, yah...don't tell me that tomorrow is the beginning of a new month?" He sighed, a bit irritated with himself.

"Nae, Ajasshi. It would be the 1st of August." I informed.

"I am so sorry, Jieun-ah. I have been so busy with arranging the tour for Bigbang and Blankpink's debut that I totally forget to arrange this month schedule for you. How many hours actually have you already been working, do you remember?"

I paused a little there and began to count the working hours within these passed few weeks, "I guess around 30 hours, if you included yesterday events as well." 

"Well then, isn't your internship requires only 25 hours of actively working?"

I stunned. Oh sh*t, times really did fly when you were having fun. 

"Omo, Ajasshi. I really did finish my internship a long time back then." 

I heard him chuckled a little through the line, "Yah...we have been overworking you for almost a week. I am so sorry." He apologized.

"Aniyo, Ajasshi. I love working here actually. Now that you tell me my job is over, I am kinda sad." I sighed, pouting a little to Jennie.

"So I guess you are free to go now. Are you still going to be in Korea untill your semester started again? We should go have dinner together sometimes before you leave."

"Ahh..about that, I don't think I am going to leave yet, Ajasshi. Actually, I was calling today at first to check on my schedule and asked if I could at all be assigned any more works from you this week..." I said, trying to beat around the bush a little.

"You want to go on tour with Jiyong, don't you." He asked with a small laugh, as if he could already read my mind.

"You know me so well, Ajasshi. It's kinda scary, you know." I joked, trying to hide the fact that I was feeling really stupid and embarassed by this.

"Then just go, Jieun-ah. Go. You don't really have to work to be able to go anyways. You can just be there for Jiyong's sake and since you are out of works anyways you got nothing else left to do here."

"Really, I can go?" I asked again, making sure I really just got his permission to be on the tour.

"Of course, why not. As long as you are not going to be a burden to the staffs then you can go. I will call up the tour director tomorrow morning and informed her you are going to be joining." He told, "So what day exactly you were planning to go? If you don't mind, I was going to ask if you could stay for a while for Blackpink's music show programmes this week."

"Ah. I could, Ajasshi." I supposed, at that moment that he said 'yes' to me going on tour, I would willingly to do anything in exchange.

"So, you could leave on the 16th, and be join the tour on the 17th. They will probably be in Philippines by then and on the 18th will be Jiyong's birthday. It probably will be the best present for him if you were there." Ajasshi told me his plan.

"Woah, I totally forget about that..." I said, referring to Jiyong oppa's upcoming birthday.

"Well then that's a good thing you called. I have to go now, I will send you the details of the flight and everything later, arasso?" He told me through the call.

"Nae, Ajasshi. Kamsamnida." I replied.

 

***********************

 

Later that night, after Jennie fell asleep, I finally got a text from Jiyong oppa saying he had just arrived at home from the rehearsal. He asked me if I could come down and spent the night with him since he was going to be leaving the next day in the morning. 

I quietly got out of bed, trying to not wake Jennie up, and made my way outside. I gently closed the door behind me and rushed down the stairs toward the elevator. I took an elevator down to Jiyong's oppa floor and when I arrived, he was already waiting for me at the doorway. 

I greeted him first and went in for a hug, "How was the practice?"

"I am so dead and we have to leave in a few hours. I haven't even packed yet." He mumbled into my shoulder as we held onto each other.

Slowly, I pulled away and looked at him. His hair was still damp with sweat and his face looked as if he hadn't been sleeping for ages.

"Just go shower and go to bed, oppa. Didn't Hyerim unnie already picked out all the clothes you needed to bring?" I asked, remembering he mentioned about a few day back

"Yea, they are all on the rack inside my dressing room."  He said.

"Perfect." I grinned, "Then go to bed, oppa. I will pack them for you."

"It's okay, Jieun-ah. I already told Taehee to come by in the morning before we head to the airport, he will just do it." 

"Aniya, oppa." I refused, "Just go shower and go get some rests now. I will take care of the rest, okay?" 

He gave me that 'are you for real' look and I resposed with a firm nod.

"If you don't go now, I might call Ajasshi tomorrow morning and tell him that I change my mind." I said, crossing my arms.

"Change you mind?" He asked, looking at me confusingly, "About what?"

"Well, I made a call this evening to ask if I could be joing you on the tour and Ajasshi said he will arrange everything up for me by tomorrow....but if you don't listen to me and go to sleep now, I might call him and cancel everything. Who knows.." I said, testing him.

"Wait, so you are really coming on tour?!" He gasped, surprisingly.

"I am, but after a week though. I have to stay back for Blackpink's music shows this whole week. I will be flying out on the 16th to see you." I explained, "You just have to get through this week without me. That is." 

"Woahhh~ this is amazinggg~~!!" He shouted out with excitement as he started jumping around like a child, "My girlfriend is coming on tour with me!!!"

I chuckled, "Oppa, it's already 2 in the morning. You are being too loud." I warned, trying to calm him down.

"Oh, sh*t. I forgot." He quickly put a hand over his mouth, "Okay, how can I sleep now, after this. I am so excited for you to see the show~" He cooed. 

"I know you are excited, oppa and so am I. But go to sleep now, I will wake you up when it's time to leave." I ordered.

"Thank you, baby." He said as he walked up toward me and kissed me passionately on my lips, "You are the best girlfriend ever and I love you so much." 

I smiled at his sweet words and responsed, "I love you too."

We kissed and hugged each other for a little bit more before Jiyong oppa headed up to his room. Lucky for me, I got to sleep for a little bit before he arrived otherwise I wouldn't have all the powers to remain awake at this point. I took my phone out from my pocket and quickly made a text to Taehee oppa, telling him he didn't have to come in the morning anymore since I would be packing for Jiyong oppa myself.

I found my way to his dressing room and my mouth fell open the second I switched the light on. Even though we lived in the same building, seemed like Jiyong oppa's apartment totally had a different plane with mine. His was way more luxurious and tremendous. I didn't even know how could he fully utilized all these spaces alone. His dressing room was almost the same size as my apartment's living spaces. It was a two story dressing room made up just for his clothes, shoes and accessories. I felt like I was walking in a store more than someone's house. 

My eyes immediately spot a small rolling rack at the corner of the room, and it had a tag 'JIYONG'S TOUR CLOTHES' attached to it in the front. I looked around, trying to find his suitcase and I noticed they were all on the shelf at the end of the room as you walked deeper into the room. I decided to go with a plain medium-size black suitcase with some watercolor drawings and stickers all over it and began to pack up his stuffs.

Three hours went by before I even realized it, the sun had already risen. I looked over at the clock on the wall as I finished up putting a last pairs of shoes into the suitcase and closed it up. It was 6.30 a.m. Time to wake up Jiyong oppa because the car would be arriving in an hour.

I walked upstairs and wasn't surprised to hear the sounds coming from the shower. Just like I thought, he must have already waken up a long back. I yawned, and stretched my arms back, started to get a little sleepy. I walked toward Jiyong's oppa bed and laid down for a short nap while I wanted for him to come out of the shower.

 

*******************

 

[ GD p.o.v. ]

I stepped out of the shower, with a towel wrapped around my waist as I headed to the sink to brush my teeth. I looked at myself in the mirror and lightly sighed, thank god that I got a bit of a sleep last night otherwise I would totally look like a begger showing up at the airport this morning. I finished up cleaning real quick and dried my hair with a towel before walking out to get my clothes.

Walking out to my bedroom, I grinned at what I saw. Jieun was sleeping in a very weird position on my bed. Half of her upper body were on the bed and her legs were hanging down, she looked so cute and so peaceful that I would feel too bad if I had to wake her up soon. I dressed up quickly and walked over to my sleeping beauty. 

"Baby.." I gently shook her shoulder.

Her eyes slowly opened up as she stared back at me for a second without uttering a word, looking a bit lost but then she slowly regained her memories, "Oh god, what time is it? How long did I fell asleep for? I thought I was just going to take a short nap while you are showering." 

"hahaha, it's okay, baby. It's only 7 right now. You still got 30 minutes with me before the car arrived. I just get out of the shower too so you didn't miss anything." I said, sitting down next to her and put a hair towel over my head like a hood.

She sighed, staring back at me, "You are leaving soon...ugh. And I won't get to see you at all for a week." She pouted cutely.

I frowned, "I know, baby. I really don't want to leave at all now that I know you are really not coming." 

"I will, just not this first week." She asserted, "When are you going to have your first show? Is it right away tonight as soon as you landed?"

"Yea, we will be landing there in the after noon and at night, we will have our first show." I told her, "I am so nervous. I am scared something is going to go wrong and you won't even be around to calm me down. I will end up thinking about you the whole entire show and couldn't focus on my performance."

"You will be just fine, oppa. Do your best, okay? Your fans have been waiting for so long to see you guys so don't disappoint them." Jieun ran her hand up and down my arm, comforting me as she spoke.

"Arasso." I mumbled, "Are you going come with me to the airport?" I asked, hoping she would say yes.

"I wish I could, oppa but I got Jennie with me here. She was sleeping over at my place last night and we have to be at the Music Bank show around 8 so right after I send you out, I have to go wake her up and then we have to leave right away."

"Ugh...this is so annoying." I whined out, "I just want to be with you all the times and things have to always come up and both of us have to be far apart. What do I do now, I will miss you so much...."

"Just hang in there, oppa. I will be missing you as much too but we will get to see each other again in a week. You have to be patient, okay? And we both have to work our best so when we get to be with each other we won't have anything to worry about." Jieun said, "Call me every nights before you go to bed, promise?" She asked with a sad face.

"I promise, baby." I confirmed and kissed her for one last time before I go.

 

******************