thirty five: night light

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

The food had arrived and we thought it would be nice to dine together outside at the balcony of my hotel room. The weather was really nice despite the fact that it was already late at night, it was not either too cold or too windy and it was just right for a romantic dinner date.

"I think we ordered way too much food, oppa." Jieun spoke up with a mouthful of lettuce as she was enjoying her salad.

"It's okay. It's all on me anyways, I didn't really know what do I feel like eating so I just order everything they have." I easily said, cutting up a huge piece of steak in my plate before fed it to Jieun.

"Aniya, oppa." She murmured, trying to finish chewing up the food before continued, "Let's split the bill, oppa. I don't want you to be paying for this or something."

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her strangely, "What do you mean? I am not going to make you pay this. What kind of guys do you think I am, making a girl split a bill on a date with me." I chuckled.

"This isn't a date and even though it is, I won't let you pay it either so-"

"Ani. Jieun-ah, let oppa takes care of this, please." I cut her off, not liking how she always refusing my offer, "I am a man in this relationship and I am working and I am earning all these money by myself so I could spend it however I want. And if I am going to use them all on you, you have no say in that either since it is my money." I strongly stood on my ground.

She pouted, in almost a cute way but I know deep down she was getting a bit annoy, "I am working too, but just not earning as much as you..." She mumbled, sarcastically. 

"hahaha, save up your money, baby. You are only 19. If you really want to pay me back somehow, you know there is this one thing I really really want from you right now and you could easily just let me do it." I said with a small smirk and continued eating.

Looking up from my plate, I looked at Jieun looked completely taken back by something. Her face went pale and she awkwardly took a small gulp of water.

Immediately, I recalled what I just said and realized how it could come out a bit twisted to her, "Oppa is talking about paying this meal, by the way.." I whispered, and Jieun suddenly looked away in embarrassment, "What are you thinking about, dirty girl?" I teased.

"Ahhhhh~ oppa." She whined, taking another big gulp of her water.

"Awwe, is my Jieun blushing? Did I make you blush?" I continued to tease, reaching out to her face but she pulled away from my touch.

"You are so- ugh." She grunted.

All of the sudden, I heard a quick 'snap' sound followed with a flashlight blasting over at the balcony where we were sitting at. I looked all over to try to find the origin of it. Two men dressed up in all black, standing behind a water tank at the top of the building just right opposite from us. I sighed in disbelief and shook my head. The distance between the two building wasn't too far away so I could clearly see they were holding a big camera in their hands and were constantly moving. 

"What is it, oppa?" I turned and saw Jieun with a worried face.

"It's nothing, baby. Let's finish up the meal soon, it's getting cold out here, isn't it?" I lied. I didn't want to creep her out by telling her about the camera men.

"Is it? We could go in now if you want." She said.

"It's okay, baby. If it's not too cold for you, we could stay out here as long as you want. I am just saying in case." I explained.

We continued to eat for a bit as Jieun insisted that she wanted to finish all the food in her plate. I told her about how my parents texted me today because they saw a photo of us together all over SNS and how they wanted so badly to see her in person. It was very sweet of her when she mentioned how she would find a time once we went back to Korea so we could go see them as soon as possible.

She told me how much she liked our performance tonight and I mentioned to her how happy I was when I saw her face showed up on the big screen. But as much as she tried to hide it, I could tell that deep down, she really hated being put on the spot like that. She was already so afraid of all the comments people were going to make about us going to the show together. I felt kinda bad to be the one responsible for all the bad things we have to go through together from now on.

We were just two people that were in love with each other and wanted to spend all the times we had together, but people seemed to have a lot to say about that. I already had some times to read through some of the recent articles they wrote about us tonight, and as much as there were some people supporting us for being together, there were still some people hating on my girlfriend just because she was dating me.

It was almost 4 and I started to get a little sleepy so we decided to go inside. I plopped down on my bed and patted on a spot next to me, "Come. Come. Lay down with me for a bit." I said, trying to not sound too pushy.

She lightly smiled and climbed up the bed to lay next to me. We both just laid there, staring up at the blank white ceiling and I held her hand tightly in mine, "You make me so happy." I blurted out with full honesty.

"You make me so happy too, oppa."

"I have never been this peaceful for a really long long time." I began, "You know every times we have to fly to some other country to perform, I kinda felt a bit lonely. Even though me and the members were together most of the times, I still feel really lonely. We perform on this huge stage with thousand and thousand of fans but all of us, everynight we just come back to this. An empty hotel room, and we all would be too exhausted to even be partying or going out together right after the show. I totally was losing it for a while."

Jieun sat up and turned to look at me. Her lips pursed together as she forced out a smile, "It must be really hard for you to go through those times...I am sorry." 

"It's alright, baby. You don't have to say sorry. You are the only reason why I am no longer suffering right now, honestly." I said, "I know we barely have a time to talk about stuffs like this because most of the times I just felt like I have so much left to do with you that I just wanted to do everything all at once but now, tonight, I finally realized something."

"What is it, oppa? What did you realize?" She said, tracing her hand lightly down the side of my face as she caressed it gently just like how I liked to do to her.

"We are going to be together for a really really long time and I can take it slow." I replied, "All these times I have been feeling like every relationships I have will have its expiration date. Because that was how it felt like to me, when I was with my ex. There would always be the feeling of ending at some points and I know it will come sooner or later but with you now. After almost a month since you walked into my life, that feeling really disappeared somehow."

I smiled to myself, still staring up at the blank ceiling and felt my eyes were getting heavier and heavier, "That's good, isn't it?" Jieun spoke up.

"Yea, it is good. It is really good actually. I finally feel like I am where I wanted to be, baby. I am not lonely, I am not unhappy, I am not constantly wondering will I ever find someone to marry and now I just wanted to enjoy my life more and more each day that I woke up to see you." I sat up, using both of my hands to support half of my upper body as we stared into each other's eyes, "I love you...and thank you for letting me do that."

Our eyes hooked onto one another's as I slowly leaned in for a kiss. Jieun grabbed me by my face and we kissed each other romantically. My heart was so full that it felt like it was going to explode any times soon. This feeling. Could it just last forever and never go away?

 

*************************

 

The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed, feeling like a dead zombie. Last night, Jieun went back to her room to sleep and I stayed up a little bit after, looking through all the photos of us that were taken by the other people. I tried to pick out the one I liked the most to post it on my instagram but ended up going with the selca I took myself. It was a photo from last night, when Jieun wrapped herself in a blanket and I thought she looked really cute so I just took a photo of her with a little of me at the corner in case one day we had to be away from each other and I missed seeing her in my bed, I would just look at these photos of us. 

I went to bed around 6 in the morning and th wake up call was scheduled at 7.30, so I only had gotten about an hour and a half of sleep. I stretched a little before stepped out of the bed. I walked over to the window and opened the curtain, letting the sunlight seeped into the room. 

There was a knock at my door and the familiar voice spoke, "Jiyong-ah, are you up?" It was Hyerim noona, checking up on us like usual. 

"I am, noona! When are we leaving?" I yelled back.

"In 30 minutes, so get ready!" 

I sighed in tireness before quickly went in the shower.

 

**************************

 

The crew gathered up in the lobby floor of the hotel, I searched for Jieun and couldn't find her anywhere. 

"Noona, where is Jieun?" I asked Hyerim noona as she walked pass me.

"Oh, I forget to tell you. She had to leave this morning with 2ne1 crew, they have shooting downtown for their CF and they needed one extra stylist so your girlfriend volunteered." She told me, "She told me she already texted you this morning though but you were probably still sleeping. She didn't want to wake you up."

"Arghh..what is this." I groaned, annoyingly, "Who lets her go without giving me a notice. What if we need her or something, noona? You can't just reassign a stylist like that, noona..."

"Yah, we have like six stylists in our team right now. If you need anything, just use one of us. It is not like we would need anything from her specifically, this is more like you need her all to yourself, you little selfish kid." She scolded.

Even though I knew Hyerim noona was 100% correct, I was still upset that I didn't get to say good bye to Jieun in person. I was already so annoyed that I had to wake up so darn early but now to make it worst, Jieun wasn't even here with me. 

"How long is she going to be gone for? Isn't she supposed to be leaving with us this morning?" I asked, still not letting it go.

"Sajangnim already changed her flight date this morning, she is going to be staying in Hongkong for the next two days with the girls to help around." Hyerim noona said, "You will get to see her again soon. You guys have a YG family concert next week, right?"

I nodded but still not satisfied with her answers. Jieun was going to be away for two days? It hadn't even been three hours yet since I last saw her and I was already so upset. How could I possibly take two days of this?

Throwing my head back in resignation, I ran my fingers through my hair, "This is going to be the longest weekend ever."

 

**********************

Two days had pssed by and we were as busy as ever.  Our schedules took up most all of our times in one day and it left us all exhausted.

At the end of every day, I just felt like doing absolutely nothing but just laid in bed, and checking on my phone every five seconds for her text. Me and Jieun had been keeping contact via text messages most of the times and at night, I would videocall her just to see her face and hear her voice.I missed her so much and I felt like myheart was going to explode if I didn't get to see her soon. 

Luckily, her flight was scheduled to arrive today in the late afternoon and I had a meeting for YG family concert scheduled this morning. Hopefully, it wouldn't take long so I could spend the rest of the day with Jieun.

I arrived at the YG building and it was as busy as usual. Today all athe artist that would be performing at the concert were called in to arrange the timetable and it was the last full rehearsal before the real show on Wednesday,

We all gathered up in the main meeting room. I greeted everyone that was already in the room as I walked in. I sat down by Taeyang and Gummy noona. And a little bit later, the meeting started when Sajangnim arrived. 

We discussed mainly about the introduction part, and the closing stage. In the middle of the meeting, someone opened the door and it was Bommie noona peaking in with her head before she entered the room. Behind her there were Dara noona, CL and Minzy. 

"Oh, you guys are back?" I said, alertly.

"Yea, our actual flight got cancelled so they put us on the earlier-"

"Where is Jieun? Is she coming with you guys as well? Is she here?" I cut CL off.

"Ugh oppa, jeongmal. You don't even wait for me to finish first.." She muttered.

"Yah, that isn't important. You guys steal my girlfriend away for two days. I am still mad at you about, don't get me started." I sneered and everyone started to laugh at us playfully arguing.

"She isn't here with us, oppa. She's feeling well actually so we had to drop her off even before we come here."

"What's wrong? Is she sick? Is it a flu or just normal cold? Does she have fever or something?" I asked, worriedly.

"How do I know, oppa. I am not a docter..." CL scoffed, laughing dryly at me, "And don't you guys text like all the time or something. Ask her, oppa."

"Well, can't you see I am in a meeting here. Of course, I couldn't just text her...."

"Okay you two." Sajangnim interjected, "Stop fighting like a child. Jiyong, you can text Jieun to check up on her if you want. And let me know too, what did she say, arasso? Both of you are going to be 30 soon, so stop arguing like my kids. I already have to be a dad at my own home, I don't want to act like one here. Try to be nicer to each other, okay?"

"Arasso, hyung." "Arasso, Sajangnim." We both said in the same time and the meeting continued.

I took my phone out from my pocket and started to type a text to Jieun. The last text I sent to her was this morning, when I wake up. I texted her a good morning and hadn't recieved any texts back so I thought she might be sleeping or something.

To:  공주님  <3

Hey, I heard from CL you are not feeling well? Are you okay? Do you want me to go home now? 

I pressed sent and noticed at that same time, Jieun was typing something already so she read my messages right away.

From: 공주님  <3

Ani, oppa. It's okay. I am not sick. My stomach is just being annoying as usual.

I read and my eyebrows furrowed. What does she mean by 'usual'. Does she usually have a stomachache? How comes I never know about this if she does.

To:  공주님  <3

What do you mean, baby? If your stomach is paining, it is not normal. Do you need to go see the docter? I can get out early and take you.

I sent another message and right away, she replied.

From: 공주님  <3

It's just that time of the month. That is, oppa. Nothing's wrong with me. I don't think we need to go see a docter for this. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I chuckled, shaking my head at myself for being so dumb. Of course, why didn't I think about that before went full on panicking.

To:  공주님  <3

Ahh..Arasso, oppa will try to finish early and come to you as soon as possible, okay? Love you, see you soon.

I sent her the last message before put my phone away and prayed for this meeting to end.

 

*******************

 

Three hours went by and they were the longest three hours I'd ever had. Right when we were dismissed, I quickly got out and headed back to my apartment even though everybody else was staying after for lunches. 

It took me around thirty minutes to get home and I went up to my apartment to change. I took an elevator up to Jieun's floor and when the door slided open, there she was. 

I smiled at her and she lightly smiled back. I didn't really how much I miss her untill I saw her pretty face again after two days. My heart had been aching for this moment. I had been waiting to feel her presence again and finally the day had came. 

These two days while we were away from each other got me thinking. What do I do when I have to go on tour and constantly travelling? Sure, Jieun might be with us most of the times because she had to work but what if the other artists needed her or something. What if something came up like how it did with 2ne1, I couldn't stand being away from her especially when we would be on tour. I would really need a  physical and mental support from her. 

"Hey there, my baby girl." I said as I walked further into her living room.

She was laying on her couch, watching a something on TV with a bucket of ice cream in her hand and a thick velvet blanket wrapped around her tiny body. I sat down next to her and firmly pressed my lips on her forehead.

"I miss you so much, baby." I mumbled through my lips.

"I miss you too, oppa." She said back, offering me a spoonful of chocolate ice cream, "You want some?"

"Aniya, eat it. Oppa doesn't feel like eating anything sweet right now." I stated, "How was your weekend?"

She let out a sigh and continued eating her ice cream, "It was tiring..but I had fun. There was so much more to do when it comes to getting the girls ready."

"I know right." I said, agreeing with her, "How are you feeling right now? Do you need me to get you anything?" I asked, referring to her illness.

"It's okay, oppa. I got it all set. I am just trying to not move a lot right now." She giggled.

We stayed quiet for awhile as I studied her face, taking it all in and appreciating this moment with her.

"So.." I began, "I have a concert this Wednesday, you probably remember. And A fan sign event on Thursday, and next week I will starting a tour with the members." 

"Yea...I have been hearing about it." Jieun merely nodded, placing her ice cream down on the coffee table in front of us, "I don't know my schedule yet though, Ajasshi hasn't assigned me anything." 

"I will talk to him tomorrow. About this. I really need you on this tour with me, baby. It is going to last for a year. I don't think we had ever have this much shows scheduled all at once and it is kind of overwhelming. I will be sleeping in different hotels every nights in different cities like totally different continents, I can't do it without you. I can't even be away from you for a week, two days were already so hard." I gushed.

"Don't worry, oppa. If you really need me there that bad, I will try to convince Ajasshi tomorrow. I am sure he will understand."

Running my hand through her head in an adoringly way, "How did I get so lucky? To have such a caring, kind and beautiful girlfriend like you." I cooed.

I was about to say something when my phone began to rang. I groaned and rolled my eyes back before grabbing my phone out of my pocket, "It's Top hyung. Just a second, okay?"  I told Jieun and she let out a small chuckle.

"Take all the times you need, oppa." She mouthed as I picked up the call and was greeted with a familiar monotone voice.

"Yah, Jiyong-ah." He greeted.

"Nae, hyung. What's up?" I asked.

"Are you home right now?" 

I raised my brows, feeling kind of puzzled with his weird question, "Yea, of course, hyung. Where else do you expect me to be?" I said with a chuckle.

"So here's the thing.."

I sighed, knowing whenever he started a sentence like this, it would either be telling me he just did something that was going to screw us up later or he had a huge favor to ask, "Yea, hyung?"

"So I know I didn't tell you yet but I've kind of been seeing this girl."

"Woah, well I don't know what to say. Congrat?" I frowned, not seeing where was this conversation leading to.

"She is a YG trainee."

I stunned. Couldn't really believe what I just heard. 

"Oppa, are you..okay?" Jieun stuttered quietly as she noticed my shocking expression.

"Jiyong-ah, are you still there?" 

"I am here, hyung." I quickly snapped out of my thought, "I am not going to say anything yet..so please continue. I want to know where is this conversation leading to before I really started judging you." 

"So just like I told you. We are like secretly seeing each other for like a month now or so. And I think Hongil (Top's personal manager) started to feel that I am trying to hide something from him so he is here all the time now at my apartment." He muttered, "He is here during the day and at night, seven days a week and he said he is going to be sleeping here tonight too and I haven't had a chance to spend time with her at all since we got back."

"Hyung-ah..." I began, with a long sigh, "First of all, I know all of us were out of the dating probation for five years now and you are allowed to date anyone but not the trainees, hyung. Especially, 'our' trainees. It's the most important rule in our company, don't you remember?" 

"I know, ugh. But you know I've been really lonely and out of it for a really long time now. Things have been so emotional for the passed few years for me." 

"I know that, hyung. But that doesn't mean we can go date a trainee to fix the problem." I repeated.

"I know. I know. Jiyong-ah, it is really fortunate of you to find someone like Jieun and I am really happy for you after everything we've been through. But I am not as lucky as you are." He pleaded, trying to convince me otherwise, "I have been single for so long and she seems like the only one that gets me right now."

"What do you mean, hyung. There are so many girls out there that will get you even better and won't get all of us in trouble. All the girls you have been going out with before were just fine, I still don't get why you break up with them."

"I don't get myself either but whatever, Jiyong-ah. Hyung is just going to ask for just a small simple favor from you. Can I crash at your place tonight? Or for the next few nights actually." He asked, sounding as if he was ready to beg if I said 'no'.

"Alone? Yes. With the girl? No." I implied strongly. 

"Jiyong-ah~~~~C'mon." He countered, "Please......if you don't say 'yes' to me, you know I am going to call your girlfriend next and I am sure she is going to say 'yes' anyways." 

"Hyung, you are my brother and I will always respect you no matter what but I am going to have to go against you on this and say 'No', Hell No."

"Really? Is that how you are going to treat your hyung?" He scoffed, playfully but up to this point, I was being very serious, "Jiyong-ah, okay can hyung just come for tonight? and that is. Like I am going to break up with her after tonight." 

"Hyung, what is this? What kind of relationship are you even having with her?" I shook my head.

"Please, just for tonight. We will come to your place right now and I will explain everything to you. Everything. Every details. Every questions you have, hyung will answer them all. Just say 'yes' now, Hongil is going to be here soon and he for sure won't let me leave the house so this is my last chance."

"Ugh..arasso. Arasso. But I am not saying I will lend out my apartment to you or something just get here first and we will talk about it." I told. 

"Thank you, Jiyong-ah. Thank youuu." He exclaimed, "Hyung will see you in 15 minutes. See you! Say 'Hi' to Jieun for me." He said before the line got cut off.

Ugh. I can't believe this

 

*************************