thirty one: BLACKPINK

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

 [ Jieun p.o.v. ]

I was changing inside of the fitting room when I heard Jiyong oppa and Ajasshi started talking about something.

"Yah, our schedule is going to be so packed next week once we come back from MAMA." Hyerim unnie groaned, while she was putting the dresses back on the rack in orders. Meanwhile, I searched for my clothes and threw them back on, getting ready to walk out.

"Jieun-ah, Unnie is going to go send back all the dresses now. See you again in a few hours, yeah?" Hyerim unnie said, waving a good bye at me before exiting the room with Hannah unnie.

"Arasso, unnie. See you." I waved back at them and finished up changing before made my way back to the dancing room.

"Ah! Noona, Annyeong haseyo." I suddenly turned to find the origin of the sounds, and there were four unfamiliar faces that were already standing in front of me. They all gave me a greeting bow at the same time as my eyebrows furrowed, a bit confused.

Me, still being dumbfounded with the whole situation, I just automatically bowed back, "Oh, Annyeong." I said kindly and heard Ajasshi started giggling in the background.

"Yah, you guys are all older than her except for Lisa. Why are you guys bowing?" He laughed.

"Omo, jeongmalyo." One of the girl exclaimed, covering her face with her hands as the other bursted out laughing, "Oh we are so sorry, we have no idea. We figure she could be older than us since she is dating sunbaenim."

"Yah, Jieun is turning 20 this year. So Jisoo, Jennie and Rose, you are all older than her but only a year or two." Jiyong oppa spoke up as he walking up to my side, "Jieun-ah, this is Rose, Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa. They are all our trainees, and they will be debuting next week." He introduced them, one by one.

"Wow, that must be really exciting for you guys. Congratulations." I said.

"Nae, Jieun-si. We are so so excited." The brown hair girl that was standing in the middle said, if I remember the orders of their names correct, she must be Jennie.

"Ah, you can just call me Jieun. We are arond the same ages anyways." I said, smiling kindly at all of them.

"Ah, I was already so excited. Now that I know you are here as well, I am even more intimidated. Unnie jinja yeppuda." The girl who was standing at the end of the line said up shyly as she covered  and giggled.

She was really tall and skinny. Her blonde hair made her easier to recognize among the other members, it was Lisa, "We were just seeing you on the TV this morning, we didn't know you are going to be here today."

"We were just talking to our manager oppa and he even said you are so much prettier in real life." Rose added.

"Yahhh Aigoo, stop it." I ojected, with a friendly tone, making them chuckle.

"Alright Jennie, Jisoo, Rose, Lisa, we are wasting all your Sunbaenims times here. Let's get moving." Ajasshi called.

"Jieun-ah, if you want you could leave now, I think you are all done for today.Oppa is going to stay after for the rehearsal."

"It's okay, oppa." I said, "Can I just stay  here and be with you for a while? or is it going to be disturbing if I stay." 

Jiyong oppa gane me me weird look, "Of course, you can stay, baby. Why are you even asking..." He said, then cupped my face lovingly and kissed me multiple times on my forehead.

"Okay, guys. Phones down. Cameras down." Ajasshi said as all the dancers one by one slowly entered the room, "Let's get this over with fast. I have another meeting scheduled in half an hour."

"Arasso!" Everyone shouted together in response.

The room suddenly slowly began to fill up with people. I watched as all of them found their spots and Teddy oppa walked in with a laptop in his hands. Behind him, there were Daesung and Taeyang oppa entering in with a handful of foods and drinks, they both took a seat next to me and Daesung oppa offered me a drink. 

Teddy oppa held up his hand as a sign for 3, 2, 1 and then the music blasted. I watched carefully as the girls started to do their dance routines. Jiyong oppa, on the other hand, was standing right next to Ajasshi with his arms crossed to his chest and he was leaning against the mirror. His facial expression was somewhat cold and aggressive. His eyes studied every single one of them, left to right, one by one.

Hey boy
Make' em whistle like a missile bomb bomb
Every time I show up, blow up (uh)
Make' em whistle like a missile bomb bomb

Jisoo was the first one who started singing, I was so surprised how everybody's facial expressions immediately change right after the song started playing. 

The room's atmosphere got more and more intense as the song came to it's dance break part. The girls were dancing so hard but they weren't even running out of breath. I noticed Jiyong oppa's face changed, he probably noticed some of their mistakes as him and Ajasshi began to whisper something to one another.

The song finally ended. The girls bowed as they finished their performance and the staffs were handing out bottles of water. Jisoo looker over at me for a bit and I gave her a thumb up with a quiet cheer, "You did good." I mouthed and Jennie caught it too so she turned around and bowed humbly at me.

"Yah.." Ajasshi spoke up with a serious tone as he took of his cap and ran his hand through his face, "What's with that dance break part? You guys weren't even in the right beat." He said, his tone wasn't that aggressive but it wasn't so kind either. I almost souded like he was scolding them but in the meantimse, he was smiling.

"Lisa, you were way faster than the others but your dance line was the best." Jiyong oppa pointed at Lisa and later then, to Jisoo, "Jisoo, you need to improve your breathing. When you dance and sing in the same time, it almost sounds like you were choking on your words. Jennie, too weak. Your rap line isn't clear at all, oppa can't understand what you were even saying. You were focusing too much on your english pronunciation and you were not giving it all. You were already breathless since the first chorus and Rose, just be careful with your pritch at some solo parts but after all, you guys did great."

My mouth dropped in awe as he finished correcting all their mistakes, how could he pick out all that by just watching them once. I didn't even notice that Lisa was faster than her friends, neither did I notice Jennie's rapping nor Jiso choking on her breath. 

"I agree with Jiyong. It still feels like I am watching you guys performing as trainees, not idols." Top hyung said as he stood up and walked toward them, "You guys still are lacking of charisma on stage."

I frowned a little, feeling bad for the girls. They worked really hard on the show, you could clearly tell and literally, no one at all was giving them a compliment.

I wanted so badly to say something but I knew I should keep quiet and let them work. I was in no place of telling them whether or not their performance was good enough since I didn't even know the real elements of it.

"Girls, you are debuting next week. You have to practice more than this." Jiyong oppa said with sigh.

"Arasso." They all nodded in response and no one said anything for a while..

"You guys have been training for so many years, so don't mess it up." Daesung spoke up, noticing the atmosphere was a bit tensed,  "We are from YG, arasso? We have to keep the company's standard, don't disappointed your sunbaenims." 

"Arasso. We will work even harder, sunbaenims." Jennie said, her face was so pale at the moment. She seemed as if she was going to faint from all the stresses.

Seeing her like that, it took so much out of me to not get up there and just gave her hug. She looked like she could use one right now. It was already so weird to me how everyone seemed to ignore how the girls were being scolded like that. They all acted like it was something that would happen on a daily basis.

Taeyang oppa was even on his phone the whole entire time and seemed so chill about all this. Seungri oppa on the other hand also was playing an online game on his laptop carelessly. 

"Oppa." I whispered, "Is this normal? Don't you think they were being a bit too harsh on the girls?"

"Aniyo, Jieun. This is the kindnest I've seen them actually. These guys usually are so tough, they always manage to make trainees cry almost at every evaluations." Taeyang oppa said, jokingly but I knew he wasn't.

"Why would they do that, oppa. That's so mean." 

"It's just how it works here, Jieun-ah. We are the best in this industry because we are raised to be tough. These girls will face even more criticism once they debuted. This, compare to that, it is nothing." Seungri oppa explained.

"I think they were just trying to replicate the pressure the girls had to deal with once they become famous." Hyorin noon even added.

I turned immediately as I heard Jiyong oppa's voice spoke up and just prayed for him to stop being so mean to them already.

"Yah, Jennie-ah, oppa is just scolding you so you know what you did wrong." He chuckled, noticing Jennie's face seemed a bit off, "Don't get discouraged so easily, arasso?" 

"Arasso, sunbaenim." Jennie nodded, biting down on her bottom lips. She looked as if she was about to cry.

Poor girl.. I thought.

But not for long, as Jiyong oppa then walked over to her and all of the sudden wrapped his arms around her tiny body. Pulling her into his warm embrace, the poor girl right away bursted out in tears. 

"Yahh~, what is this." Jiyong oppa groaned and started laughing, "Why do you guys always have to cry in front of me? You are making me feel bad."

Everyone in the room started to laugh and I could feel the air was getting less intense but still, there was a weird stingy feeling inside of my heart.

Surely, I was glad to see that at least Jiyong oppa was treating the girls so nicely but was that a little too nice? A hug, was that even necessary?

On the back of my mind, I knew I shouldn't get jealous over this when it was so obvious the way he hugged her. You could tell there was nothing more than a brother-sister type of hug there. He even messed with her hair as she buried her face deeper into his chest. I smiled, if he had his own little sister, she was going to be the luckiest girl ever. 

"Why are you crying~~ Stop it." Jiyong oppa whined, slowly pulling away from Jennie. 

"She is probably crying because she knows whoever cries will get a hug from Jiyong oppa." Seungri oppa teased.

"Ahh, I see." Ajasshi said, crossing his arms, "Jiyong-ah, stop acting like a playboy. You got a girlfriend."

"Yea, hyung. Stop making so many girls like you all at once." Deasung oppa joked.

"C'mon guys, they are all like sisters to me. What are you guys even talking about." Jiyong oppa groaned, "Jieun-ah, you know oppa didn't mean anything right?"

I looked up from my phone and lightly smiled, "I know, oppa. It's okay." I lied.

"See, Jieun knows." He shrugged, "Therefore you guys have nothing to say to me. My girlfriend didn't even say anything."

How could he be so sure that I really didn't want to say anything. Heck, I wanted to scream in his face. Why did he always have to be so kind and friendly. Of course, he probably wouldn't think much about it but I am a girl, I knew when guys acted the way Jiyong oppa did...we freaking loved it. 

"Alright, guys. We have to start our rehearsal now." Jiyong oppa annouced as everyone began to make their way out. 

Jisoo turned to me as she walked pass me on her way out, "Unnie, ah not that I mean Jieun-si. We are about to go grab some foods right now. Do you want to come with us?"

I lightly chuckled and stood up, "Oh cool, where are you guys thinking of going?" I asked.

"Ah...We were just thinking about going to a barbeque place just right at the corner of the street." Jennie said awkwardly, as she used all the formal words, "The foods are so good and cheap there as well."

"Well that sounds like fun. But if I am going, can you guys promise me to speak to me like a friend not like your sunbaenims or something." I said and off we went to that korean barbeque place together. Just five of us.

 

*********************