thirty two: a friend is a gift

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

                                                                   

Jisoo, Rose, Lisa, Jennie and I were on our ways to the barbeque place Jennie mentioned earlier. Jisoo and Rose were walking hand in hands and jumping around happily like a child just being let out for recess. Jennie and I were talking about her life as a trainee and Lisa was using her flim camera to snap a photo of all of us.

"So Jieun-shi, how-"

"Yah...I told you already. Just call me Jieun, Lisa. If you want you could call me Unnie but I am only a year younger than me so I prefer Jieun." I said, "And unnie, you guys just call me Jieun too alright. No more Jieun-shi."

"Arassoooo~" They all spoke at the same time.

"So, Unnie...what brings you here? In Korea." Lisa finally asked up.

"I am just here for an internship. I am actually on a summer break right now. I am going back to college soon in like three months." I replied.

"Oh, so you are just here like temporary?" Jisoo appealed.

"Yeah, unnie. I am just here for work."

"If that so, isn't Jiyong oppa going to be lonely when you have to leave...?" Jennie said, pouting at me like a little child.

I totally forgot that actually. We were just having so much fun enjoying our times with one another that I totally forgot to think about that fact that I will be leaving soon.

"Ah...about that. Actually, we haven't even talked about that yet. Right now I think I am just going to forget about it and see how everything goes." I said, "Who knows, maybe I found a permanent job here or something and could transfer to a university here in Korea." 

"Of course, unnie. You have to!" Lisa cheered, "Don't leave us, really. Sunbaenim is going to be so sad and Sajangnim too." 

I chuckled, "I hope I don't have to leave too.."

 

*********************

 

Me and the girls had lunches together and the foods were actually really good just like Jennie said. The prices were really reasonable as well. We ordered so much that we ended up didn't finish anything. 

We talked and talked for hours about almost every topics. I asked them about their lives as a trainee and all the stuffs they had been through. They told me about their family, where they were all from and how did they get into YG. Meanwhile, they all seemed to be very interested in my life as much. We shared almost everything together and bounded so well in such a short period of time.

"So, unnie." Lisa again began another conversation as we were about to leave the place, "Is Jiyong oppa like..a nice boyfriend?" She giggled, shyly.

"Yah I was about to ask the same thing." Jisoo unnie told.

"He is nice..really friendly and easygoing. He is sometimes even too friendly actually. It is kinda frustrating at some point." I said, sarcastically.

"Ahhhh we totally get what you mean." Rose added, "Jiyong sunbaenim knows exactly how to charm people. Really. Even the guy dancers. Some of them always go like 'ah Jiyong hyung is the best' , 'Jiyong is the prince of YG' blablabla~"

"Hahaha, really?" I smirked, "Woah, he knows exactly what to do and what to say though. Especially with me, he always manage to say the right things, do things the right ways I want. I don't know how.."

"It's probably in his instinct, Jieun." Jisoo unnie said, chuckling.

 

************************

 

That evening after my lunch with Blackpink, the girls left to go back to their practice and we promised each other we would keep in contact. They said they would find some times to meet up with me again, maybe right after their debut or something and we also made a group chat with all five of us in so that we could contact each other any times.

I went back to YG building and watched Jiyong oppa's rehearsal. They took nearly two hours with stage arranging and another hour for choreography. After five hours of practicing, Daesung oppa, Seungri oppa and Top oppa had left since they finished practicing for their parts.

Jiyong oppa and Taeyang oppa stayed after to practice for their duo performance. Me and Hyorin noona ended up chatting for hours about random things as we waited for the boys.

I was so surprised how nice and down to earth she was to me. She was so much more older than me, and the oldest among the others but she treated everyone so kindly. I was even more shocked when she started gossiping about all Jiyong oppa's ex-girlfriends to me and how she disliked all of them because she could tell they didn't really love Jiyong oppa, or maybe not as much as he loved them. She said she felt so bad everytimes she saw them together. 

Hours passed by, Hyorin noona decided to leave earlier because she had a schedule the next day early in the morning. I had been on my phone, reading news about me and Jiyong oppa and checking my social media accounts. I barely looked at them anyways but there was really nothing else left for me to do.

I changed my profile picture on instagram and deleted some of my old personal photo. Before I had only a few thousand followers but with everything that had been happening, it didn't shock me so much that I had reached 900K followers. I had only 4 photos on my account, and hadn't been posting anything at all since the last summer when I travelled to Rome with my friends. 

All of my photos were liked by at least 300k people and had more than 10k comments each. I was way too scared to go through the commets as I knew there was still going to be a great number of fans hating on me.

I scrolled through my timeline, and started liking random photos of my friends and came across Jiyong oppa's post a few hours earlier. It was a selfie of him and the group during the practice. I smiled and clicked on his username which then directed me to his page.

He posted so many photos, and had so many followers but one thing I noticed was that he had only one person on his following. 

And it was me. 

I bit down my bottom lips, trying hard not to smile any bigger. I decided to put my phone away and I looked at the clock on the wall.

02:34 AM , it read.

I yawned, stretching my arms as I was in a sitting position for too long.

"Yah, I guess that is for today, Youngbae-ah." I heard Jiyong oppa said.

"I am so exhausted too, I don't think I can keep going any longer." Taeyang oppa groaned as he laid down on the floor, "Let's do this tomorrow, I can't keep my eyes open anymore." 

"Arasso, arasso. We can get going, I have to go home soon anyways." He said, eyeing over at me, "It's way pass Jieun's bedtime."

"Aniyo, oppa." I stood up quickly, "I could wait. It has only been..." I stopped, looking over at the clock again, trying to calculate, "18 hours..wow.." I gasped, realizing it had already been 18 hours.

"hahaha, Let's get going, Jieun-ah. I don't want to torture you any longer. My poor baby has to wait for me. You must be so bored." He cooed, rubbing ny back and wrapped his arm around my waist, "Alright, guys! I think that is for today, let's be done for today and we will see each other again tomorrow." Jiyong oppa anounced.

Everyone said their goodbyes and started packing up their stuffs. 

 

*********************

 

It was already 4 in the morning when we arrived back at our apartment. I fell asleep on the way back in the van while Jiyong oppa was working on something in his notebook. He wake me up as we arrived and we both headed upstairs. 

I was so sleepy and ready to doze up anytimes as we stood in the elevator.

"You want to sleep over tonight at my place?" 

My eyes snapped wide open as I heard Jiyong oppa spoke up.

"..umm..uh..what did you say again, oppa?" I asked, acting like I didn't hear what he said and wishing maybe he sensed from me that I didn't think it was a good idea.

"It's okay. Forget about it." He chuckled, placing his hand gently on the top of my head, "Oppa will see you tomorrow then, arasso?" He said with a dry smile.

For some reasons, I suddenly felt kinda bad for turning him down..again.

I didn't know if it was just me overthinking about this whole thing or I kind of have a feeling like maybe when he said 'sleeping over' was really just mean 'sleeping over' like sleeping beside him. He just didn't want us to go our seperate way and meet up again the next day in the morning like all the other nights. We lived together and we have been going out for a while already, but I had never even slept over at his place once. No matter how late I stayed over, I always returned back to my own place when I needed to sleep.

The elevator stopped at his floor and he took a step out, "I guess I will see you tomorrow then, Jieun. Have a good night." He stood there, waving at me from the outside, "I hope one day you will let me spend a night with you.....It will mean so much to oppa...", He mumbled as the elevator door slowly closing.

 

*********************

 

Time really did fly when you were having a bliss. It was already thursday night and Bigbang was scheduled to leave for MAMA today. The crew arrived earlier and got everything ready for all the members. I arrived at the airport later at the same times with all the members.

The whole parking lot was filled with photographers and reporters. I got really nervous in the middle of the crowd but everyone was being so understanding and caring to me. Top oppa always made sure I walked in the middle of the group, Daesung oppa even helped me with my luggages because Jiyong oppa was busy rechecking all their schedules with the team and confirmed it to each of the members' managers. 

We already passed the security check point and now waiting in front of the gate, the airport was packed with all the fans and they were standing with a good distances between us, fliming every moves of their favourite artists. 

I was sitting in between Hyorin noona and Jiyong oppa at the waiting area, I noticed that he had been working on something in his notebook the whole entire time, and I didn't want to interrupt his working session so I just chatted with the others.

"So, we will be arriving around 1 or 2 in the morning tonight, not later than 3 hopefully. And then we will  be off to the hotel as soon as we land so you guys could get some rests." Manager oppa talked to all the members.

"And you guys have a rehearsal the next morning, it is scheduled from 9 to 12 a.m. Three hours and that is for us, they have to let the other artists use the stage." Rachel unnie said. She was the one in charge of all the stage arrangements and she directly in contact with the staff at all the award shows Bigbang had to attend. 

There were actually way too many people in the crew that I didn't even have the chance to introduce myself to some of them yet but for sure I knew the infamous 5 manager oppas, each of them assigned to each of the members. Hyerim noona, Hannah noona, and Somi who were in charge of the stylist team and three more stylists that I had never met. Jaewook oppa who was in charge of the dancer team, Rachel unnie, and Jaeho shi, the head security.

"And hyung, do we get a day off or are we heading right back to Korea the next morning?" Jiyong oppa finally put his notebook away and said something.

"Well according to the schedule, you are spending two nights in Hongkong which are tonight, and Friday night. We will leave the next day in the morning because you guys have two more shows to record at MBC and Ingikayo on Saturday and on sunday, we will have a world tour meeting with the team." Taehee oppa said, reading off the schedule in his phone.

I was well aware that Bigbang was a well-known artist among the music industry, but to know exactly the amount of works and effort they had to put in for all their shows and performances were insane.

Jiyong oppa hadn't gotten any sleeps at all last night, he told me he stayed up to work on his rap lyrics for the MAMA show. I felt so bad because I should have stayed up and kept his company.

"And you guys also have YG family concert meeting next Monday and the show is on Wednesday, also there is a fansign event on Thursday too." Rachel unnie said, "The world tour is starting on the 1st of August right? so that means you guys only have this coming up week and the week after that to get ready."

"Ugh, the week hasn't even started yet and I am alraedy dead tired." Daesung oppa groaned, throwing his head back.

"Hyung, can you come here and listen to this for me." Jiyong oppa said to Jaewook oppa. Jiyong oppa took out his phone and connected with a headphone before handing them to him, "Here you take the left side and Jieun-ah."

I quickly turned to Jiyong oppa when he called my name, "Take the right one. I want you to listen to it too and tell me what you think."

"Nae.." I mumbled under my breath and put on the headphone.

The beat dropped and Jaewook oppa started bobbing his head to the rhythm. 

이건 호구들을 위한 연말 낚시용 미끼

훅 하나 없이 대목 낚아채는 삐끼 내 성적 스킬은 매순간 거짓말 같이

I'm so sorry but I love you, I just it, it's a quickie

The rap was about a minute long and when it finished, Jaewook oppa shook his head, "Yah, Jiyong is being so Jiyong..." He chuckled, turning to talk to everyone else in the crew, "We are going to be performing at MAMA and Jiyong is going to be ditching them in his rap."

Everyone laughed, "Yah, hyung. You are going to get a backlash after this." Daesung oppa said.

"Yea, yeah whatever. I only wrote facts, Daesung-ah. No sweet talks." Jiyong oppa smirked and turned to me, "What do you think, baby? Do you like it?"

I nodded, "Nae, oppa. I like it actually. The beat is so nice but don't you think the verse is a bit too close to each other like-"

"Intense right?, a little too packed." Jaewook oppa finished my sentences, as if he could read my mine.

"Yea. Like you are going to be singing after this too, isn't the rap going to leave you a bit breathless right at the beginning of the performance?"

Jiyong oppa agreed and looked like he was in his deep thought there for a second, trying to figure out a way to fix the rap.

"Oppa, why don't you just record some of the verses in the backing track and play it with the beat as you rap some of the parts live. Like make it an echo voice or something, like you are rapping with someone instead of singing all the lines on your own."

"Oh yah, Jieun good idea." Jaewook oppa said, "Those methods are actually like advanced rapping trend these days."

"Yahh..Jieun is no joke. Yah, you are going to be replacing Teddy oppa when he retired some day." Seungri oppa joked.

I chuckled and shook my head at his childish joke.

"Hyung, can you arrange a studio somewhere near our hotel for me tonight, so I could record the backing track and used it tomorrow?" Jiyong oppa asked.

"Tonight? Can you just do in the next day in the morning or something? Aren't you going to be tired, Jiyong?" Jaewook oppa opposed.

"Ani, hyung. I want to get it done tonight so we have nothing to hold us back from our schedule tomorrow."

I sighed, realizing I shouldn't have given him the idea. Now he was going to have to work even harder to get the backing track done.

"Oppa, but you haven't slept at all since last night.." I insisted too.

"Jieun-ah, oppa is fine. The rehearsal is scheduled at 9 in the morning anyways. I have plenty of time to get some rests."  Jiyong oppa addressed.

"Hyung-ah, you are going to be super tired right before the show though.." Seungri oppa said.

"Yeah, oppa. If you are going to stay up and work all night tonight, I am going to go with you too." I pouted, "I am going to go keep your company at the studio."

"No, Jieun. Go back to the hotel with the team and get some sleeps." He spoke to me as he reached up and caressed one side of my face with his warm hand, "If you are in the studio with me, I can't focus and I wouldn't get anything done. I promise you I will be back even before you wake up."

I sighed, hating the fact that he always manage to find the nicest words to say to put me in my place, "Fine.." I murmured, "If I don't see you the next morning,I am going to be so mad at you." I said, still pouting.

"Arasso, baby. Oppa will be there." He smiled, and leaned in for a kiss. 

I held back a little as I realized people were watching both of us but then a hand gripped gently on the back of my neck, pushing me forward. Our faces were so close to each other and it didn't take long after that for our lips to find each other's. I closed my eyes in embarassment and the whole crew cooed. 

The fans that were standing in front of the gate with us started to scream loudly once they saw their favourite idol kissing another girl. I quickly pulled away from the kiss and covered his mouth with my hand when I saw he was coming in for more.

"Oppa~~" I whimpered.

"Yah, you two. The fans are dying out there." Hyerim noona laughed, pointing at the fans. Some of them were screaming with their hands ocver their mouth and jumping up and down.

"I am 29, Noona. I think I am at the age where I can legally kiss my girlfriend in public now, it's not like I need Sajangnim's permission or something." He said, stubbornly. before trying to kiss me again.