Love Will Keep Us Alive

Red and Blue Mix

Love Will Keep Us Alive

 

 

~.~.~.~

 

 

 

"These are all wrong!"


 

Irene Bae, the CEO of the Bae Enterprise threw all the papers to the ground in front of a shocked woman a bit shorter than her going by the name of Son Wendy. She was Irene's secretary and her boss just threw the papers she worked on for two days with no sleep on the cold floor, silencing the once loud office. Wendy bit her lower lip, her right eye twitching as Irene ‘scanned’ Wendy’s work and then slam them on her desk.


 

All of their coworkers were staring at the two.


 

Wendy's ears turned red from embarrassment and anger but she shut . Irene stared at her with cold eyes, a fiery fire burning behind them and the whole floor seems to feel the tension between the two. Irene was kind. But this week, she suddenly turned into someone else and pushed almost all the work onto Wendy and scolded her and embarrassed her in front of her friends and the other employees. Wendy wonders if she did anything to offend the older.


 

"Stay overtime and arrange them over again," Irene scanned the room and sneered, "If anyone tries to help Ms. Son, you'll get the double of what I gave her." Quickly, the employees gave Wendy apologetic eyes and went back to working. Swiftly, Irene turned around and walked away, with her arms crossed, not even sparing a second glance back at Wendy who bore her eyes on Irene’s back.

 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?"


 

A boy who was a head taller than Wendy, asked while looking at her with hesitant eyes. "I'll be fine, Chanyeol." Wendy said flatly. Still, the colorful-haired boy didn't seem to listen and he touched Wendy's shoulder and bent closer to her, "I can stay if you want, I could help, I don't care about what Miss Bae-"


 

"I said no, Chanyeol!" Wendy frowned. She breathed in the frustration before replying, "Go." She wasn't oblivious to what the man was trying to do. She knew he liked her but this week, he seems to have gotten worst.


 

"O-Okay..."


 

And Wendy waited until she heard the door open and close afterwards. She sighs and goes back to work, smoothing out the papers Irene had left a while ago and rearranging them, with six other piles of papers stacked up on her desk. Wendy is a very generous person; giving out more than what is returned to her. But sometimes she wonders if she deserved this much?


 

"This is going to be a long night."


 

Meanwhile, the CEO was staring through the security cameras in her office, getting more upset by the minute.

 

 

Wendy didn't realize that it has gotten very late already. It was already 11:45 in the night, and she still had a lot of encoding and rearranging to do. The office was dimly lit and her eyes were starting to get red and hurting. Her head was also throbbing.


 

Irene probably went home hours ago. 'I don't want to see her either way.' Wendy said bitterly, her eyes getting watery.


 

She hasn't gotten any sleep this week because of the work and it was frustrating her to no end.


 

Suddenly, Wendy sniffed and smelled a very appetizing smell. 'Is that deukbokki?’

Wendy thinks she's gone insane. Food wasn't allowed in the office and she was sure that there wouldn't be any at this time of the night.


 

Until someone tapped her on the shoulder and she screamed and fell off her office chair.


 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL F-"


 

"Please don't swear!"


 

And after groaning as her head hit the floor, Wendy squinted her eyes to see someone bending over her with a panicked look on her face, wearing a familiar black office attire. "Omo, I'm sorry! Are you okay?"


 

"J-Joohyun?"


 

It was Irene, her boss. Wendy almost melted when Irene shot her a worried look.


 

Almost.


 

"I...I made you your favorite..." Irene looked down, her voice turning shy.


 

Wendy frowned. She glared at Irene and stood up, mumbling, "I don't need your food."


 

But her stomach said otherwise.


 

Irene bit her lower lip. She sighed and stood up and dusted herself off, placing the bowl of deukbokki on Wendy’s desk. "Please eat..." She said quietly.


 

Wendy rolled her eyes. "Oh now, you tell me to eat? After starving me for a week, you tell me to just eat?" She gritted her teeth, anger very evident in her voice. The workload that Irene had given her for the past week was energy-draining. Wendy would finish them by this time, yes, but the moment she goes home, she gets locked out of the house and had often crashed at Seulgi’s apartment (which was an hour drive away). Which made Irene angrier.


 

Irene winced when Wendy raised her voice. "I'm sorry..." She whispered and that just fueled Wendy’s anger more. She was hurt and tired, AND hungry, what do you expect?


 

"I don't need your apology. I have to finish this before I quit." She got up and straightened out her pencil skirt. She let out a sigh before turning around, making Irene panic when she heard what Wendy was going to do.


 

Having no idea of how to convince Wendy, Irene hesitantly thought, 'Oh what the heck!'


 

Irene stepped forward before wrapping her hands around Wendy, burying her face on the shorter girl’s shoulders. Her grip was tight as she back hugged the younger, her ears flushed red. Wendy stiffened at the contact, glancing at the mop of ebony hair on her side. Wendy bit her lower lip.

 

"Joohyun, let go."


 

She felt Irene shook her head childishly and tightened her hold on her. "Please don't leave." She whispered, lips seem to be trembling.


 

"Joohyun. Joohyun, let go." Wendy was frowning.


 

"Please say you won't leave..." Irene's voice became muffled by her white polo shirt but Wendy knew her voice was shaky.


 

Her eyes softened.


 

"Hyun-ah...let go, I won't quit okay? I won't." Wendy whispered. Her hands automatically moved and she intertwines her fingers with Irene’s.


 

At first, nothing happened.


 

But slowly, Irene's grip loosened around her waist and Wendy turned around and saw the older woman holding onto her pencil skirt tightly and not looking at her.


 

Wendy sighed. She crosses her arms, bending slightly as she tried to see Irene’s facial expression.


 

"Mind telling me what's up with the treatment you gave me this week?"


 

Today was the last day of work, and the only day Irene decided to talk to her after ignoring her for the past few days.


 

Irene didn't answer at first and Wendy tapped her foot, waiting patiently. Until her stomach growled again. Wendy decided to eat the waiting deukbokki that was placed on her desk.


 

When she took a spoonful of the squishy rice cake, she raised her eyebrows. 'Oh. She just cooked this."


 

"I-I..." Wendy immediately looked up to see Irene looking at the plate in Wendy’s hands. Wendy was hungry, so she hesitated but offered it to her boss saying, "You want some?"


 

Irene shook her head.


 

For man's sake, why are women so difficult to understand? A while ago they're mad at you, and later on, they cry and ask you not to leave.


 

"I was...I was jealous..."


 

Wendy froze.


 

Did she just...


 

Did she hear that right?


 

Irene stared at her expression carefully. Her ears started flushing again and hid her hands behind her back shyly.


 

"Yeah, exactly what you think. I was jealous." She repeats, making Wendy blink furiously, almost dropping the plate in her hands.


 

"O-Of whom?" Wendy choked out.


 

Irene sighs. "Of you and Chanyeol.”


 

"What?!"


 

Irene stomps her foot and her face flushed red. In anger or embarrassment, or both. "B-Because he's trying to get too close to you! Too close for comfort!" She cried.


 

Wendy blinked once more. So all this time, her wife was jealous?


 

Yup, they're married, but they kept it a secret from everyone around them. They knew Irene was married, but they didn't know to whom she was married. Wendy stopped a smile from forming on her plump lips, her eyes staring at Irene fondly. She’s glad that Irene loves her a lot to be looking out for her.

 

But then again.

 

It was a bit too much.


 

"It's because you didn't push him away, I-I thought that you were cheating behind my back!" Tears welled up in her eyes.


 

"And when he touched your , I lost it."

 

The color drained from Wendy’s face.
 

"How did you know he touched my ?!"


 

"That's not the point!"

 

That’s what she said. But 'What was the point?' The fact that she knew what Wendy didn't scared her a bit.


 

"I-I thought you were going to leave me-I was upset, I didn't know how, what to do, b-because this is the first time I felt this way!" Irene covered her face and sniffed.


 

Wendy felt sad and guilty. She was unaware of what her wife was actually feeling and neglected her.


 

"I...I thought that you were getting bored of me...It's...It's my insecurity, so because I was angry, I decided to push everyone's work to you and ordered them not to help you."


 

Noted. Never make your wife jealous or mad or you'll be the one suffering.


 

Wendy sighed and walked towards Irene, closed in and then hit her lightly on the head. "Joohyun pabo!"


 

Irene stared at Wendy with puffy eyes before pushing her and puffed her cheeks, innocently glaring at the younger woman. "Yah! Who are you calling pabo?! I'm older than you-"


 

She screamed as Wendy bent to avoid her punch and lifted her by her legs, "Noooo! Seungwan, let me go, oh my gosh, I'm sorry, okay? I'm so sorry!"And Wendy let her down again, finally smiling and then while Irene was panting, Wendy took the chance and cupped her face. Before Irene could say anything, Wendy grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer, capturing her lips with hers. Wendy held her tighter, lips molding perfectly against Irene’s hungrily. Irene wrapped her arms around the shorter’s neck and pulled her closer, opening to give Wendy more access, letting out a small whimper as her body reacted to the small muscle. She could feel Wendy smirk but disregarded this.
 

Wendy missed this. So did Irene. A week with no physical contact almost drove them to insanity and hunger.
 


 

Hungry for each other.


 

After what it seemed like forever, with Irene a mess and Wendy the love-giver, and being a gentlewoman she is, she kept her hand at Irene’s waist all the time,(although she was tempted) they finally broke the passionate kiss and Irene giggled. "I missed that." She pecked Wendy on the lips one more time.


 

"Well, you were the one who locked me out of the house."


 

"I was upset okay!"


 

Wendy laughed and pecked her again as she sees the adorable pout her wife was making before ruffling her hair and nodding, "Okay, okay."


 

Then she turned serious.


 

"Anyways, Joohyun, don't worry. I'm not cheating on you. And I will never. You're the only cutest erted wife I will ever love until our next lives."


 

"Yah! I'm not a ert!"


 

Out of everything Wendy said, that's the only thing Irene heard.


 

"I love you, Wan-ah."


 

"I love you more, Hyun-ah." She once again pulled the older in a tight embrace before nuzzling her nose against Irene’s, leaving the workload unattended and the deukbokki lying in wait.


 

...


 

The next day, Wendy barged into Irene's office room frantically.


 

"Irene, what have you done?!"


 

"What?" Irene said innocently.


 

"You gave almost all of my work Chanyeol!"


 

"But he said he wouldn't mind yesterday, didn't he?!"


 

"Oh my gosh, you were spying on me until yesterday?!"


 

"He said he'd help you and not care about me, so I'm doing him a favor!"


 

"Aish..."


 

"Help him, and you'll sleep outside tonight." Irene growled, making Wendy’s eye twitch.


 


 

Poor Chanyeol quit afterwards and Irene had a victory smile all throughout the following weeks.

 

(She had also become more clingy and needy these days. But Wendy didn’t mind.)

 

She loved that about her.

 

~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.

A/N: As an apology for the first story. XD I hope this is fine? This is unedited. I love you guys <3 Continue commenting your thoughts :)

 

Also, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Chanyeol. I like EXO. SM Fam guys hihi, they looked adorable during their collab/duet in SMTown's concert :D