Drabble 1

Red and Blue Mix

DRABBLE 1

 

Of Skeptics and Memery

Irene massaged her temples, feeling a headache coming through. She was trying to find a secretary however the people who have applied were, sorry to say, not worth her time.

 

She presses the button on the intercom, and with exhaustion heavily laced in her voice, she speaks, "Bring the next one in."

 

There was a gentle knock on the door and Irene side glances, resting her chin on the palm of her hand.

 

"Come in." She calls out robotically.

 

The door opened to reveal a short and yet beautiful woman with wavy, long honey-blonde hair, a pretty smile on her soft-looking lips as she sported a very formal wear like all the previous ones.

 

"Hello." Irene blinked. The woman greeted her quite energetically, no sign of nervousness in her voice.

 

"Hello." She answers back. She was too exhausted to smile but hopefully it didn't come out harsh as she intended it to.

 

The woman awkwardly stood near the doorway, a smile still on her lips as if waiting for something. Irene realizes and gestures for her to sit down, "Oh, come! Please sit down."

 

She didn't notice the sigh of relief escaping the applying stranger's lips and she sits down, hands neatly placed on her lap.

 

Irene shuffles the papers in her hands, trying to fight off the drowsiness as she checks for the woman's resume.

 

"Ah. Your name's Wendy?"

 

"Yes!"

 

The CEO stops momentarily. Now that she takes a closer look, the woman had long eyelashes and she smiles toothily, showing pearly white teeth.

 

"You just graduated? And from an ivy league school." Irene's voice faltered. The woman in front of her was younger. Just the typical achievements she'd seen in the last few hours.

 

"So what's different about you? You have the same things on your resume as the others."

 

Wendy looked at her with an unreadable expression. She blinks twice and opened , surprising Irene with the next words.

 

"I didn't put all my skills in my resumeme."

 

"Did...you just say resumeme?" Disbelief was present in the older woman’s voice.

 

If she wasn't the CEO, she would have been laughing, seeing the anxiety starting to show on the woman's face, sweat forming on the side of her forehead.

 

"Yes, ma'am. It's my special skill. People call me, 'The Memester.'"

 

"...Come again?"

 

Irene squints, trying to see if this Wendy woman was lying. But it seems as if she was dead serious. "Are you kidding me right now?"

 

"No, ma'am, I'm adulting, actually." The way she has said it so innocently made Irene want to crack a smile.

 

"What makes me different from the others is that I could be your first ever memeployee."

 

"...What?"

 

"Your first memeployee." Wendy repeats, slowly.

 

Irene clicks her tongue, stifling a laughter. This woman was unreal. But she still has to see if she was fit for being a secretary.

 

"O-Other than that," She coughs, "What are your skills as a secretary?"

 

Okay, this woman was definitely joking with Irene.

 

Wendy shuffles through her blazer's pocket and brings out a handkerchief, offering it to her, making her confused. "What?"

 

"You coughed." Wendy frowned. "I'm confident in myself as I graduated with a degree in business and I'll be able to not only assist you, and lessen your stress through work, but also to entertain you."

 

Now, Irene could tell she was being serious.

 

"Well...other than being a...memester, what else can you do?"

 

And Irene swore she was so done when Wendy’s eyes lit up and she pulls out a bottle of water out of her bag-

 

and flips it.

Wendy stayed in that position for a few more minutes, as Irene sat, still shocked. When it finally sank in, Wendy was back to sitting prim and proper.

 

Was the older girl too tired that she hallucinated all of that?

 

"I-I don't...know what to say." She was speechless. Wendy smiled at her again, scratching the nape of her neck nervously.

 

"One last thing before you send me away." Wendy answered.

 

Irene didn’t even know if she wanted to send the memester away.

 

“S-Sure. What is it?”

 

“I think I could add some serious value to your account.”

"I-Your name is Wendy-?"

 

Son Seungwan

 

Irene glances back weakly at the resumeme(she means resume) in her hands. It was true that she'd be a great asset to the company; even just one person matters.

 

And the CEO thinks that it will not only benefit the company-

 

"You're hired."

 

But her as well.

 

Wendy's eyes widened and fell agape, "Wait, what?! Are you serious, fam?!"

 

"...Fam?"

 

"Whoops." Wendy bit her lower lip and Irene couldn't help but find her attractive.

 

"Sorry about that. What should I call you, bud?"

 

"...Bud?"

 

She tries to purse her lips, but a smile was able to break through Irene's exhaustion. "Shouldn't you call me boss?"

 

"Oh, sure, no disrespect but I just wanted to wendyviate your stress and since I'll be working with you from now on, it'll be a good thing!" She gestures something  like the spells in Harry Potter, using her hand as the wand.

“…Wendyviate?”

 

She grins toothily again, making Irene's heart pound. It seems like memeing is part of Wendy's system.

 

"Then...sure, you can call me Hyun." Irene had to get closer to her sooner or later, right?

 

"And I’m sure you’re hyunough to keep me motivated by working.” Wendy grins, eyes twinkling.

 

"..." Irene opens to reply, but no words came out.

“And you know,” Wendy pauses, “This might get me fired even though I haven’t started yet but, I’m more than qualified to be your girlfriend too!” She winks before dabbing, saying, “Aye!”

“You-You can leave now, Wendy.” Irene massaged her temples, contemplating her life choices. Wendy smiled apologetically before laughter escapes her lips. “Thought you looked a bit tired. Thank you for this. I’ll make sure to keep you company.” She winks flirtatiously, making Irene cringe.

She didn't want to lose.

 

 

So before she sent Wendy on her merry way, she calls her out.

 

"Are you good with Excel?"

 

"As a business graduate, uh, yes?"

 

"Then I'm expecting you to be good at spreadsheets."

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

A/N: This is what you come up with at past 12 in the morning. A memeing Wendy. My mind is also drabbling not dabbing.

 

Also #WEKNOWWHO