Promised Time

Hold me tighter
Kihyun’s favourite place right now is the hospital, changkyun’s room to be more exact. The awkwardness that he created between changkyun and him has already over. He felt calmer than before. Sometimes, he didn’t want to go back home and preferred to stay with changkyun at the hospital. He has already missed changkyun even though he was only making few steps away from his bedside.
 
He didn’t know how many times he had to kiss changkyun’s forehead until he is really satisfied then only he will leave. Even Hyungwon and Minhyuk are starting to feel annoyed at him. They asked him to love, not to be in love with his younger brother. Kihyun is another headache for them to handle other than their patients’ sickness.
 
“I love you” is a must to be whispered to changkyun’s ear everytime kihyun feels like to. this remembering kihyun to their past time - the happy time. He keeps expressing how much he misses changkyun until he forgot his mission behind this which was to help changkyun to gain strength and wakes up.
 
But, it’s been too long for kihyun until he finally realizes that actually everything was started because they thought and hoping this method could help changkyun to get better. 2 weeks had passed, kihyun notices it and finds it is very tiring.
 
“It’s been a month since he was under medically induced coma and I’ve been trying so hard until I forgot the real meaning behind all of this. Guys answer me for real, is his condition is still the same?… or worsen?” Kihyun can’t avoid from being really disappointed. He can't blame Minhyuk nor Hyungwon because they had already said that this method ‘maybe’ will help. He was warned.
 
Hyungwon and Minhyuk stay silent. It’s hard to say the truth moreover when they have to deal with their own bestfriend. How can they say for all this time the fragile changkyun actually isn’t making any signal with his brother’s affections. He gaves no cooperation.
 
“Brain dead.” Minhyuk really wanna say it but it hasn’t being confirmed yet. Both of them refused to make such conclusion. They denied it so hard.
 
“Kihyun, let’s gives him more time.” Hyungwon desperately wants to save the situation.  He knows Kihyun isn’t in a state to receive bad news.
 
“Time? Then what? Will he wake up? Will the given time heals him? Guys don’t make me hopes for something that won’t ever gonna happen…” Kihyun falls down on his knees. His cries is almost like screaming. He cried at how heavy his heart to accept his mind’s decision to just let changkyun go and end all of these tortures.
 
Changkyun’s icu room is filled with kihyun’s crying sound.
 
After a long silence, Kihyun’s made up his mind.
 
“End it. I’ll wait outside.”
 
Minhyuk and Hyungwon are shocked. Their eyes go widen as Kihyun slowly making his way out of the icu room. “Kihyun,,,” Minhyuk couldn’t continue his words.
 
“It’s okay, just do it.” Kihyun keeps stepping.
 
“ Yoo Kihyun!” Hyungwon steps angrily towards kihyun and grabs his collar. Only with that, Kihyun’s steps stop. “We haven’t give up yet so why don’t you do the same?!”
 
Kihyun gives a death stares at Hyungwon. “He is my younger brother and I do have the right on him! If I said I give up, then everyone needs to give up! He won’t wake up so please, stop from trying to make me change my mind!”
 
“Get back to your sense Yoo Kihyun!” Hyungwon throws a punch on Kihyun’s face. Kihyun loses his balance and falls down to the floor. He touches his lips and sees blood at his finger. He laughs and looks up to Hyungwon. “You even dare to hit your own friend right now. Are you really being honest with our friendship all this time? You are disappointing me Hyungwon.”
 
Kihyun’s get up and ready to fight with Hyungwon before both of them realize Minhyuk was panicking alone.
 
“Changkyun? Changkyun? It’s okay I’ll help you. It’ okay ,it’s okay!”
 
Kihyun and Hyungwon both stunned at their stand place.
 
“Yah Hyungwon!!! Come here, help me!!!” Hyungwon runs to Changkyun’s side to give help.
 
Kihyun was taken aback. He doesn’t know how to react and what to do. He steps backwards until his body hits the wall. He is confused. What was happening and how it started, he didn’t know.
Yoo Kihyun is now watching his two bestfriends doing their best to help changkyun, his changkyun.
 
Just a moment ago, Minhyuk heard the machine’s wasn’t beeping with ordinary sounds. He turned his head and saw changkyun was struggling with the sudden attack in his body. His body was moving involuntarily and the ECG machine also was producing a scaring pattern. He rushed to changkyun’s side before telling changkyun to relax and that he was there to help him.
 
“Sir, please wait outside sir.” A nurse comes to help Kihyun to stand up and leaves the icu room. Kihyun sits on the chair outside and close tight his ears with his palms. “I’m not ready kyunnie… I’m not ready…”