Open heart

Hold me tighter
Changkyun stares at the food in front of him. It’s hard but he needs to eat them. Changkyun takes a spoonful of porridge and and puts it in his mouth. He chews and tries to swallow it. Changkyun frowns in pain as his throat really hurts from the swallowing process.
 
“No, I can’t give up. For Kihyun hyung, I must eat more..!” Changkyun takes another spoonful of the porridge and shoves it down to his throat. The pain of swallowing the food makes him cries - it is so hard and painful - no one can understand the feeling. Changkyun keeps shoving the food until the fifth time before he throws up everything that he just ate. Kihyun quickly comes, rushing to his side.
 
“Changkyun..! it’s okay, I get you.” Changkyun leans weakly in kihyun’s embrace while kihyun wipes his mouth with his handkerchief. “It’s okay, you had much than you can afford. You don’t have to eat anymore. It’s okay, I’ll help you change okay?” Kihyun hugs changkyun who is in semi-conscious state.
 
. . .
 
“Hello sir, what can I do to help you sir?”
“I don’t think I can go back to the office today so please cancel our remaining meeting for today.”
“Okay noted. Be careful sir.”
 
 
“woooo Yoo Kihyun is gonna spend his day at here. When was his last time sleeping at the hospital?”
 
“Yah, stop teasing me. I’m going in, you do your work.” Kihyun ogles at Hyungwon before he walks into changkyun’s room. “That was so embarrassing!” Kihyun feels embarrassed at how his pride had falls after he saw changkyun almost died from eating during lunch time. He didn't plan to make up with Changkyun this quick. 
 
Kihyun puts a porridge that he just bought from outside on the table, which is more tasty and finer than the hospital had prepare for changkyun. Kihyun hopes changkyun will be able to eat more. “It just a porridge but why does it cost so much?! It’s okay, as long as Changkyun is able to gain back his appetite then it’s fine for me.”
 
Kihyun rearranges the blanket that was covering changkyun, making sure changkyun’s body is warm with it. Kihyun then caresses changkyun’s hair softly. “I’m sorry dear. I didn’t mean to make you become like this. I thought you will get better even if I was not by your side. I forgot that you only have me as your family, as your strength. So, I’m really sorry…”
 
. . .
 
It’s already 6 p.m. and changkyun once again have to eat. It’s been an hour since his meal time and kihyun had to get involved , forcing changkyun to eat. Changkyun looks at the porridge with fear. Kihyun is going to feed him and that is more scaring.
 
Kihyun hands him a spoonful of porridge but changkyun didn’t open his mouth. His eyes trembles when he caught a glance of kihyun’s cold stares towards him.
 
“Changkyun?”
 
“huhh??” changkyun shivers. He didn’t know what he should do.
 
“Hyung,…. I don’t want to eat it. I’m sorry but I can’t…”
 
Kihyun drops the spoon back into the porridge container.
 
“hyung…”
 
“.……”
 
“if you don’t want to eat, I won’t eat too. I haven’t had anything since morning so if you really love me,,, at least eat two spoonful. Do it for me.”
 
Changkyun silents at kihyun’s words. He takes a long time to finally agree with kihyun’s request. As always, eating had almost killed changkyun. After the two painful feed, changkyun weakly takes another spoonful and offers it to kihyun.
 
“hyung, you should eat too.”
 
Kihyun is taken aback with changkyun’s act. At first he didn't want to accept it but when he saw changkyun smiles happily at him, kihyun finally eats it - well he already loses his pride. Changkyun too gains courage after kihyun accepts his feeding so he decides to give himself another shot but he just couldn’t take it and throws up for the second time.
 
Kihyun is relieved that changkyun isn’t as weak as this morning and able to control himself from fainting. “Okay now we know that you can only take up to two spoonful at a time” Kihyun smiles while he wipes changkyun’s mouth, he is very proud at changkyun.
 
“I’m sorry hyung…”
 
“No no, it’s okay. I’m proud of you my dear. I’ll get you a new hospital gown and help you to change, then you can take a rest. I won’t force you to eat anymore today.”
 
. . .
 
“Kihyun hyung,,,”
“Yes?”
“Aren’t you going home? It’s getting dark..”
“Nope, why I should go home when you aren’t not going to be there…” Kihyun busily replying messages from his workers without realizing he just said something that makes changkyun’s heart flutters.
 
“kihyun hyung,,,”
“yes what is it?”
“can you ask your friend, when am I able to be discharge? I don’t think I need to stay here anymore..”
 
Kihyun looks up and stares at changkyun. “Changkyun, do you know in which department you are in right now?”
 
“...i… know…”
“so don’t ask me that question again.”
“...but I really think I’m okay…”
“changkyun, after the doctors have confirm that you are in good condition, they will transfer you back to the general ward. And one more thing, you will start your rehab, days after that so this hospital is officially your second home right now.”
 
“.……but I don’t want to do rehab… I’m okay to live as a disable person.”
“But I’m not okay.”
 
“hyung… perhaps this is my destiny…”
 
Kihyun sighs. He does not agree with changkyun.
 
“Changkyun, live as a disable person is not easy. You’re not born with it so how can you get used to it? You can’t do so much things alone..!”
 
“I’M OKAY hyung… I’m okay… if that is gonna allows me to always rely on you, to always able to be with you then I don’t mind…”
 
“I don’t want much, I just need you, hyung.”