Selfish

Hold me tighter
“I’m on my way to see you kyunnie.”
 
Suddenly, I got a message from Hyungwon - he wants me to drop by the hospital cafe first because he was there. I replied “Alright turtle.” I laugh because yeah who knows a turtle like him would be one of the best neurosurgeon in Hanguk.
 
When I found him, Hyungwon asks me whether I have much time and I say why bother because the company is mine. He nods while rolling up his eyes but then his face changed to a serious expression. ”Actually before you meet with kyunnie, I need to tell you something.”
 
I knew it.
 
“Something? About changkyunnie?” Hyungwon just nod at my questions. “What is it bro?” I try to remain calm.
 
“Okay, I’ll make it simple. We’re sorry kihyun.”
“Sorry? For what?” My hands suddenly shakes. I refused to guess what Hyungwon is trying to say.
“Changkyunnie… he won’t make it.”
 
My stares to Hyungwon falls down. The words ‘he won’t make it’ just came out from a specialist’s mouth. I can’t feel my hands anymore. I didn’t realize my body is making some movements. My inside was freaked but my brain was unable to detect it. Hyungwon quickly grabs my hands.
 
“Kihyun.”
 
Hyungwon then moves his chair next to kihyun and pulls the small kihyun into his embrace. Kihyun’s sobs become harder as Hyungwon hugs him. “I know you must wonder why I said such crap but you have the right to know. Minhyuk and I can’t keep this forever from you.”
 
Hyungwon pats kihyun back gently when he breakdowns in his arms. “I’m rich Hyungwon… just give him every medicine that he needs, I can pay for it anytime…! I can even buy this building so please… save him… Or or maybe we can transfer him to oversea and get treatments with better technology at there…”
 
“Kihyun..! Look, it’s not about money or not having sufficient medications. If that were the problem we had tell you sooner… ”
 
Kihyun is confuse. “If that were not the problem so what it is?”
 
Hyungwon hearts wrenched when he sees his own friend struggles in this confusion. “Come dear, Minhyuk has already waiting for us. He will tell you more.” Hyungwon softly trying to take kihyun with him to see Minhyuk.
 
When they reach Changkyun’s icu room, Minhyuk gives signal to the nurse to leave them. Once the nurse makes her way out, Minhyuk goes to Kihyun and smiles at his crying face. “I guess Hyungwon did a great job for his part. Okay, at first I’ll show you changkyun’s brain activity in the first week he’s been here. Come and sit first Kihyun.”
 
“This is it, I guess you’re smart enough to interpret it.” Kihyun tries to understand the chart and looks away as he finished. Minhyuk then explains back to him so that kihyun gets the whole situation rightly. “Here, on the first and second day he was admitted there were some activities in his brain. But then starting from the third day until the seventh day, the activities were fading. And today… his twelfth day, it is a complete zero since the tenth day.”
 
Kihyun can’t hold himself from crying. “Are you serious guys..? Are you trying to tell me that he’s really can’t wake up and just give up? this is too much for me... ” kihyun covers his face with his hands. He is tired from crying because that’s the only thing that he can do. He is upset with himself.
 
“But kihyunnie,,, we had thought of something yesterday and maybe, maybe it can helps changkyun…”
 
Kihyun looks at Minhyuk and Hyungwon. “You guys have a way?! what is it?!”
 
Minhyuk holds kihyun’s hands and takes a breath. “You’re the only one who can do it because… you are his only brother.”
 
. . .
 
Kihyun sat at changkyun’s bedside. He can’t even look at him. He was thinking of what Minhyuk just told him. “Holds his hand, caresses him and loves him so that he knows someone has been with him and still needs him.’’ It’s been 30 minutes and Kihyun still hasn’t do anything. Since the incident happened, he had never hold Changkyun hands or touched him. He’s afraid and feels awkward with his younger brother.
 
But… he wants changkyun to get better, or maybe he doesn’t. Kihyun hates himself. Even though changkyun is dying in front him, he still can think of such thing. How could him!
 
Kihyun gathers his strength and slowly grabing Changkyun’s left hand. Once he is able to hold it properly, kihyun bursts into tears. His heart is hurting since forever but only now he gives attention to it. He wants changkyun - his heart has been saying it for times.
 
“I’m so sorry kyun-ah… I’m afraid to get close to you when you needed me the most. I didn’t keep my words to stay beside you until you wake up. I’m so sorry, I drown in my own fear… I’m so sorry kyunnie, I’m so sorry… Why did your hand was so cold dear..?”
 
Minhyuk and Hyungwon who are watching from the outside then hugged each other. “This is so warm right?” Hyungwon wipes away his tears.