Chapter 9

Torn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without a word, I walked to the kitchen, dropping off my overloaded bag on the sofa. Unstoppable flashbacks played on loop in my head. A small packet of painkillers landed on my hand and I opened it. In the silence, I pushed the round pellet with my thumb, tearing the shiny foil. I placed it in my mouth and swallowed it without water. Through my blurry vision, I observed a panicked Jimin fumbling around my kitchen for a cup and filling it with water. He slipped the cup into my cold, lifeless hands but I had no more strength. The innocent china cup fell to the floor, shattering in all different directions and sending the water onto our feet but Jimin didn't move. I turned around to leave, my heart thumping in my chest and my whole body threatening to break down.

 

But before I took a step out of the kitchen, my head collided with Jimin's warm chest and I was enclosed by his arms within moments. I closed my eyes and tears cascaded down my cheeks, onto Jimin's hoodie. My burdened heart thumped hard in my chest and for the few minutes in which we stayed in that position, our heartbeats seemed to become in sync. His small hand my dark hair, which was tied up into a long ponytail, and he surrounded me with his physical comfort. Nevertheless, on the inside, at heart, dark, painful sorrow slowly took over me as I stood, relaxed in his arms on the wet kitchen floor of my apartment.

 

'What's wrong?' he finally whispered into my ear, breaking the silence. Somehow, that triggered more of my tears,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter