Chapter 33

Torn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara's/your POV

By the time I was within university grounds, it was already over halfway through the lesson and it was likely to end before I arrived. Besides, I wasn’t looking forward to spending time next to Mina and Nayeon at all. So what if I miss out one class.

 

Slowing my pace, I took my phone out of my bag and turned it on. The small red circle hung at the corner of my messages icon and I clicked on it. 'Park Jimin,' I smiled at myself. But it wasn't Jimin. Instead, the message was from Jungkook.

 

Where are you?

 

Before I could decide whether or not to reply or what to reply, I received another message from him.

 

When does class finish?

 

As soon as class finished, I pushed out through the small doorframe along with the rest of the class…except from the few nerds who stayed behind. Usually, I would get to the dance drama studio where Jungkook had the last class before his class ended. However, an enthusiastic crowd of fangirls outside my English classroom showed that he beat me today.

 

'Hi, Ara,' he smiled at me as soon as he excused himself as politely as possible from his fans and swung an arm around my shoulders. 'I beat you,' he took his arm off my shoulders and offered to carry my books. Even though they weren't that heavy and the looks of pure hatred given off by his fans were deadly, I let him. It was cute how he ignored everyone's stares and opinions and continued to love me so freely, so openly. 'Is Jimin coming with us tonight with his girlfriend?' Jungkook rested his head on my shoulder, his scent enclosing my into a soft cuddle.

 

'I think they're going somewhere themselves,' I replied as I shrugged a shoulder, making his head fall. As I flashed him an innocent smile, he glared at me and pouted playfully, his eyebrows furrowed ever-so-slightly. I should really be used to his cute face by this time but my heart still couldn’t handle it when he did that.

 

To change the subject, I looked forward in the direction we were walking. 'Yah, since when was she known as 'Jimin's girlfriend'? She has a name you know,' I looked at Jungkook, 'I wouldn't want to be known as 'Jungkook's girlfriend' everywhere I go.'

 

'Wait,' Jungkook pretended to look upset, 'so you're not happy to be my girlfriend?'

 

'No, my point is, I have an identity beyond that,' I argued back.

 

My phone pinged with another message. Excited, I opened it as quick as possible.

 

Are you there yet?

 

It was a message from Jimin. Why was I less excited to find it wasn't from Jungkook? Why was I even expecting a message from Jungkook? Why am I even remembering things which are none other than memories from the past? Kim Ara, get a grip, I mentally slapped myself before the stream of people poured out of the main university building.

 

'Here we go,' I muttered to myself before joining the crowd.

 

Straight after the class I missed I had maths at the other end of the university. I checked my watch. I had 15 minutes before the class started so I headed straight to the bathroom closest and, luckily, found it was empty. I spread both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter