Chapter 29

Torn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV
At exactly 3:15am, Ara ran into the private hospital of Gangnam-dong. As soon as she reached the reception desk, she stopped. 'Kim Ara,' her own voice whispered in her head, 'what are you doing?' She scanned her surroundings. For a private hospital, it was quite empty but there were a few people looking lifeless on the chairs. 'Jimin's girlfriend,' the voice continued, 'what are you doing?' Ara looked up and walked towards the receptionist. 'What you need right now is a hug.' With the back of her hand, Ara wiped away the small beads of sweat on her head. 'A hug from Park Jimin.'

'Hello, can I help you,' the kind looking receptionist smiled at Ara.

'Can I visit a patient?' Ara faked a smile in return.

The receptionist turned to face her computer and placed her hands onto the black keyboard. Without looking up, she replied, 'Sure. What's your name?'

'Kim Ara,' the smile on her face grew more natural as she became calmer and more comfortable without the voice in her head.

'Name of patient?'

'Jeon J-'

'Remember why you left Jungkook?' the voice in her head came back to life again, its serious and forever familiar voice of her own stopping her from doing anything. It sounded so much like her own voice that she didn't believe it until it repeated itself once more. Remember why you left Jungkook?'

The concerned receptionist looked up at Ara, confused, as she stepped back ever so slightly. 'You said Jimin made you happier…remember?' the voice whispered before disappearing again.

'Are you ok, miss,' the receptionist questioned. Ara looked up again and tried to shake away the memories.

'Uh…' Ara smiled again in vain before continuing, 'It's fine. Thanks for your help.' Ara bowed before turning to leave but warm hands covered her eyes. She tried to blink them away but the tightly closed fingers stopped her from seeing anything. But it didn't matter. She knew who it was anyways.

'Guess who I am,' the voice behind her played, a smile on his face. But she didn't need to guess. This voice was the voice she never forgot. 

'Tell me, With your sweet smile, Tell me, Tell me like you’re whispering into my ears.'
~Lie (BTS - Park Jimin)

I wanted to push h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter