A Lie

melancholy and bliss

“Back Off.” Irene pushed Seulgi behind her as she scares the girl flirting with her friend away. Seulgi chuckled at how cute Irene looks like while hiding Seulgi behind her when Seulgi is obviously a few inches taller than her. She placed a hand on Irene's shoulder to calm her down.

“Sunbae—” 

“Seulgi doesn't want your chocolates so go away.” Irene coldly stated, making the junior look at Seulgi with pleading eyes but Seulgi only gave her an apologetic look and signalled her to just follow whatever Irene is saying. 

“S-Seulgi-ssi please.” the girl pleaded again but Seulgi could do nothing to comfort the girl. Irene just rolled her eyes, she's already tired in chasing away girls who kept on bothering Seulgi, she's already used to seeing this kind of scene again and again.

“Just... leav—”

“What are you to Seulgi-ssi anyway?” Irene's jaw dropped. The girl had the guts to ask who Irene Bae is to Seulgi when everyone already knows that they're practically twins. They never separate and they've been friends since kindergarten.

“You're a new kid, are you? Well, I'm just Seulg—”

“Girlfriend. She's my girlfriend.”

Irene's jaw dropped. Again. And not just Irene, everyone who heard Seulgi's declaration had their mouths hanging wide open. 

Seulgi just dropped a bomb and everyone is literally stunned. They never thought these girls are dating when all this time they claimed themselves as each other's soulsister. 

Dating? Wow.

Irene wanted to slap Seulgi's head upside down for announcing such terrible lie but she held herself down. She can do that later when they're alone. 

What a big fat liar you are, Kang ing Seulgi.

“W-What?” the girl stuttered making everyone come back to their senses and the murmurs and whispers enveloped the hallway. Irene felt small because of the stares she received from her fellow schoolmates, she took a small step backwards but stopped when she felt Seulgi's arms around her shoulder, pulling her closer.

She looked at Seulgi who had her eyesmile on while smiling at the junior who looks like she's about to cry because of the news she had heard. Seulgi looks so unbothered and that pissed Irene off.

“Irene is my girlfriend, so you better not flirt with me or with Irene anymore. You got that?” Seulgi smiled and then sent a knowing wink towards Irene who had fire in her eyes.

I am so going to kill you, Kang.

--

“What the , Kang!” Irene latched out after Seulgi had pulled her out of the crowd and locked themselves inside an empty classroom. Seulgi hang her head low, afraid at looking at Irene's fiery eyes. She knew very well to never make Irene angry or all hell will break loose.

“I'm sorry. I just want them to stop bothering me and you.” Seulgi reasoned out, visibly tensing when Irene stepped closer towards her.

“And you created a big lie just to save your sorry ?”

“Hey, I did it for the both of us!” Seulgi exclaimed, shocked at how Irene sees this situation. She just wants the flirting to stop, it was just a small lie after all.

A small lie, huh?

“You know that I hate lying, Seulgi! I'm not even gay!” Seulgi had her head hang low again, She honestly forgot that one detail. 

“Fix this.” Irene sighed, sitting herself on a chair near them, massaging her forehead. She hates how Seulgi would do things without planning beforehand. 

“What do you mean?” 

“Tell them that you lied. That we're just best friends and not dating.” Irene said with closed eyes and hands that are still gently massaging her forehead, she already feels the upcoming severe headache because of Seulgi's impromptu lie.

She didn't see how Seulgi's face dropped, and how the brightness in her eyes disappeared.

“I won't.” Determined, Seulgi walked towards the door, ready to walk out. But before she could, Irene snapped her head and glared at her tall friend.

“What do you mean you wont?” if stares could kill, Seulgi would be no longer alive because of Irene's glares. Irene's eyes are threatening, it almost made Seulgi back out and follow whatever Irene had wanted her to do.

“I'm still telling them that you're my girlfriend.”

And with that, Seulgi left Irene inside the empty classroom with wide-eyes and mouth agape.

Why am I friends with this dumbhead?

--

Irene scoffed. For someone so determined in spreading the false rumors, Seulgi's just sitting on a bench with a girl on her lap, laughing heartedly. 

Girlfriend, huh?

She was about to stomp away, away from Seulgi and her useless ways of saving her own from that big rumors she had created herself. Irene will no longer cooperate, no matter what.

“Irene.” but before Irene could take a step, a hand wrapped itself around her wrist and pulled her around, she then met Wendy's worried round eyes.

“Hey.” she offered. Her tone obviously down, Wendy frowned even more upon noticing Irene's sad demeanor.

“Did you and Seulgi fight?” Wendy asked, glancing at Seulgi who still had a girl on her lap, playing around and laughing loudly. Irene sighed as she rolled her eyes at how Seulgi seems to be so happy without her, her bestfriend and fake girlfriend.

“Kind of.” Irene wanted to lie but she can't, knowing Wendy, she will eventually know. Wendy knows the both of them so well, it'll be no use to deny that mere fact.

Wendy nodded, leading Irene to an empty bench, away from Seulgi but enough to see Seulgi playing around.

“So, you're dating.” Irene wants to deny and tell her that it was just a big fat lie that Seulgi made to chase away those girls who kept on flirting with her but she chose to shut instead. Already feeling bad for lying.

Irene hummed.

“You're dating, yet you let some girl sit on her lap.” Wendy commented, eyeing Seulgi and the girl. Irene already wants to scream at her that she didn't care about what Seulgi would do but that wouldn't fit, especially when they all think that they're both dating. 

“I—I honestly don't know what to do, Wendy-ah.” Irene sadly said, fiddling with her thumbs nervously. She honestly doesn't know what to do, she's new to this. She never dated girls, for goodness' sake. She doesn't have any clue how to treat Seulgi as her girlfriend.

For the love of all things, I'm not even gay!

“Irene, she's all yours. Don't let any chic sit on top of what you own. Be possessive, Be greedy. She's yours and only yours. Now, stand up, walk like a queen and grab what's yours. Go.” Wendy had already pulled Irene to stand up and started dragging her towards where Seulgi is seated, Wendy then pushed Irene towards them when they're already near, and with uncertainty trailing her footsteps, she take the remaining steps to Seulgi.

“Irene.” Seulgi looked genuinely surprised seeing Irene infront of her, with a brow raised while eyeing the girl that's still seated on her lap. 

YooA gulped. Honestly, she's not here to flirt with Seulgi. Seulgi's just a friend in her physics class, that's it. And now, seeing the Irene Bae eyeing her like a predator made her squirm and immediately stand up. 

“I'm sorry, Irene. We're just playing around—” YooA bowed several times, not stopping even when Irene had cut her sentence off.

“Does Playing around also means sitting on my girlfriend's lap?” YooA almost pissed her pants after hearing Irene's cold piercing tone. It was evident that Irene's very possessive because of how she put emphasis on the words my girlfriend.

Seulgi almost laughed out loud seeing the scene infront of her, just a few hours ago Irene was lashing out on her because she didn't want to be a part of her lie but now, she looks like she's ready to cut YooA's head off and display it in her room.

“I'm sorry, I won't do it again.” YooA muttered. Bowing for the last time before running off, not even bothering to say a proper goodbye to Seulgi who sat quietly on the bench.

“And you, how dare you create a ing lie one moment then flirt with a girl in front of me the nex—” Irene lashed out once again when Seulgi jumped off her seat and clamped a hand on to shut her up.

“Someone might hear you, Calm down.” 

Irene blinked. Her eyes staring at Seulgi who still has her hand on , Seulgi's close, too close for comfort.

But she doesn't mind. 

“I'm sorry, okay.” Seulgi said, removing her hand on to step away, Irene immediately missed her warmth the moment she stepped backwards, what the , Irene Bae. She's just your bestfriend, what are you thinking!

“I see that you've already made up, love birds.” Wendy stepped up, hopping happily while grinning widely at the duo. Seulgi immediately pulled Irene by her waist then wrapped her arm around it to be even more close, Seulgi grinned at their friend who seems to be pleased at Seulgi's action while Irene blushed madly by her side.

“Y-Yeah. Thank you, by the way Wendy-ah.” Irene shyly muttered, her hands lingering by her side awkwardly, she's always the clingy one between the both of them but it felt different right now that they're acting as a couple. 

“It's no problem, Irene. As long as the both of you are happy, I'll be happy to help.” Wendy grinned.

“You look cute together, by the way.” 

Wendy laughed at how the both of them shied away and blushed furiously at her comment.

How cute.

--

The next few days felt like a blur. They hang out just like before, the difference is, they have their hands intertwined, they cling on each other every second of the day, they take care of each other like a couple they are, they eat out and joke around just like bestfriends do.

They also felt the butterflies inside their stomach and the wild thumping of their hearts every time they touch.

But they ignored.

They ignored everything and went with the lie.

Because that's just it. 

A lie.
--

Irene kissed Seulgi's cheek for good luck when Seulgi's about to climb the stage for their performance. When Seulgi stopped to look back, she saw Irene being all timid and shy while avoiding Seulgi's eyes.

Seulgi chuckled, walked back to Irene to hug her waist and lean in close, their noses touching and foreheads leaning against each other. Seulgi playfully rubbed their noses and smiled when Irene giggled cutely.

“Good luck. Show them who owns the dance floor.” Irene said, letting her arms hang around Seulgi's shoulder loosely while Seulgi held her close.

“I own the dance floor, of course. Do you know what you own?” Seulgi asked, Irene curiously looked at her bestfriend. 

Seulgi giggled, removing her hands from Irene and backing away but before she could distance herself completely, she placed a kiss on her bestfriend's cheek.

“Me.” A wink was sent to Irene and Seulgi dashed towards the stage. 

The students around them squealed after seeing the scene in front of them, they just saw how sweet Seulgi is to Irene and it's just a pleasure to see it right in front of them. 

Seulgi never took her gaze away from Irene while she was dancing, satisfied at how red Irene is the whole time.

What are you doing to me, Irene Bae?

--

Irene arrived 10 minutes late on their usual hang out place with their circle of friends, she looked around, searching for Seulgi and their friends, she then smiled when a hand s around her waist and a kiss landed on her cheek.

“Hey.” Seulgi greeted pulling her bestfriend with her towards the table they reserved, Wendy and the others immediately hollered when the couple arrived.

“There's no more seat.” Moonbyul informed while offering the only seat that they reserved, a seat for one. Irene looked at Seulgi worriedly but she was met with Seulgi's eyesmile instead.

Seulgi sat down on the chair, pulling Irene with her so that Irene could sit on her lap. Their friends hollered once again after seeing Seulgi's bold move. Irene blushed, hiding her face on Seulgi's neck making Seulgi smile and rub circles on her hand that she was still holding.

“Is it okay if you sit here all night?” Seulgi worriedly asked and Irene never felt even more special, she should be the one worried that Seulgi might numb her legs because of Irene sitting on it. 

“It's okay. But I'm worried for you, you might not feel your legs anymore later at the end of the night.” Irene has her hands combing Seulgi's brown hair making Seulgi smile.

“It's okay, as long as you're comfortable, I'm okay.”

“I'm comfortable whenever I'm with you, silly.” Irene smiled at how Seulgi's eyes form into crescents when she smiled, she just rested her head on Seulgi's shoulder the whole night. Listening to their friends' friendly arguments and quarrels that they always find funny.

--

“Hi, Babe.” Seulgi greeted, placing a small kiss on Irene's temple before taking a seat beside her fake girlfriend. Irene didn't twitch, she wasn't bothered anymore, she's already used to the ongoing lie they are still in so she let Seulgi do what she wants while she reads her notes, preparing for an upcoming exam.

“Hey.” already feeling the headache creeping in, she decided to take a break and rested her head on Seulgi's shoulder, Seulgi automatically wrapped her arm around her best friend's small waist and started drawing imaginary circles against the cloth of her shirt. 

“Tired?” Seulgi asked, Irene hummed. She now placed her hand on Irene's arm, rubbing it softly to calm her best friend while placing kisses once in a while on her temple. Irene smiled, feeling her heart thumping wildly again and the butterflies trying to break free. 

This isn't right. 

She sighed, she might get used to this. She might actually confuse herself what's part of the lie and what's real. Seulgi's the type of girlfriend that everybody wants, caring, sweet, funny and understanding. She's not sure if she wants this real or not. 

She's not sure if she's still considers this as a part of the lie Seulgi had created or not.

She wants this to be real.

She hopes that this would be real.

But believing a lie does not make it into reality, does it?

--

Seulgi placed a comforting hand on top of Irene's trembling ones while waiting for her results. Irene had always been paranoid whenever the examination results come. She's been doing great, and Seulgi still thinks she's doing great. She knew Irene would have the highest score once again.

“Calm down. I believe in you.” Seulgi whispered, flipping their hands up and intertwining it, her thumb drawing circles on Irene's hand, she then leaned in, lips softly brushing against Irene's temple, with that action, Irene calmed down.

Seulgi always had that effect on her.

She doesn't know whether it's a good thing or not, but she knows she wants it.

She wants Seulgi to treat her like this every minute of every day until they grow old.

The thought of growing old with Seulgi felt so beautiful. She doesn't mind.

--

Seulgi groaned. 

She already knows that this day will come, but she never expected it to be this soon.

She paced back and forth, messing her hair and groaning a little bit more louder this time. 

“What have I done?” she muttered, jumping onto her bed, laying face first, while she punched her pillow continuously. She screamed against the said pillow then flipped herself so that she could look at her ceiling with stars scattered around them.

It was Irene's idea.

“You should decorate your room.” Irene suggested, head resting on Seulgi's chest while they lay unmoving on her bed. Seulgi hummed, eyeing her boring, white ceiling in distaste. She never knew her ceiling looks this dull.

“I'll help you.” Irene seated herself up and stared at her fake girlfriend's ceiling, thinking what she should add on that particular part of her room.

“Let's put stars on them, glow in the dark ones. So when it's dark and you're scared, you can look up and remember me. You wouldn't be scared, by then.” Irene grinned proudly at her suggestion, Seulgi chuckled then she followed Irene in sitting up as she leaned in close to her best friend to whisper.

“It'll be more scary because you're scary, Joohyun-ah.” Seulgi laughed when a slap landed on her arm, it hurts but the pout on Irene's lips made it worth it. Irene is always worth it.

“Fine, be a . I'm leaving.” Seulgi stopped laughing when she sensed that Irene is definitely serious at leaving. Seulgi immediately scramble up and followed Irene pulling her back to her bedroom, hugging her tight while they fall back on her bed.

“Okay. Okay. Fine. You win. Just don't leave.” Seulgi mumbled, face buried in Irene's vanilla scented hair, she didn't see how a beautiful smiled creeped it's way and stayed permanently on Irene's ethereal face. 

“I'm scared, Joohyun-ah.” Seulgi mumbled, still staring at the star filled ceiling. 

“I'm scared at what I'm feeling.”

Seulgi knew she's doomed the moment she realized that she's already feeling something towards her best friend. Something more than attraction, something more than what a best friend should feel, something alarming.

Something that felt good and also scary. 

But whatever it is, she knew Irene will be worth it.

Whatever pain she's going to face because of this growing feelings, she knew Irene will always be worth it.

--

“Wendy-ah, Help me.” Wendy arched a brow at her friend, sensing that something's wrong she pulled her friend on a nearby seat so that they could talk.

“What is it?” Seulgi breathed in. Filling her lungs with the air she needs before spilling the secret that only she and Irene knows.

“I'm falling in love.” Seulgi exclaimed. 

Wendy stared. She stared at Seulgi who blinks rapidly, She stared not knowing what she should say. 

“What are you even talking about?” Wendy deadpanned. Seulgi groaned, rubbed her hands against her face before facing Wendy again who still looks confused as ever.

“I'm falling in love with Irene!”

Wendy cackled. No. She laughed like a maniac, tears falling from her eyes because of the impact and the side of the stomach hurting. She held her hand up to signal Seulgi to stay put and wait for her to calm down. 

“You're in a ing relationship with her, Seulgi! That's normal!”

Wendy doesn't even know why Seulgi needs help, falling in love isn't really a big deal when you're dating. She laughed again, why would Seulgi look so stressed because of this one normal fact. Falling in love is a big yes in dating, that's a big help in improving their relationship.

“We're not in a relationship, Wendy.” 

Wendy stopped. She felt her whole world stop. She thinks that was just imaginary. She looked at her friend, eyes widening, mouth forming an o shape, Seulgi almost laughed.

“It wasn't real, Wendy. It was just a lie.” Seulgi continued. Wendy's now the one who looked stressed. She still couldn't believe what Seulgi had said when all this time, everything looked real. Everything felt real.

“What the ? Are you serious?” Seulgi nodded, her head hanging low, embarrassed that she had lied to Wendy. It was fine to lie infront of the other students, but it's a different story to lie infront of Wendy, one of her closest friend.

“Seulgi, I don't believe you because all these weeks that I watched the both of you go all lovey-dovey, none of those moments felt like a lie. Everything is real.” Wendy exclaimed, remembering the look on both of their faces while they care for each other and their actions that just typically screams real.

“But it's a lie, Wendy. It was never real.”

“Look, Seulgi. Listen, I had never seen the both of you so happy not until the day you guys announced that you're dating, it was a different vibe. It was like the both of you up every happy energy in the world. You both had this look on your faces that screams satisfaction, adoration and love, no matter how I look at it, there was never a lie inside of your eyes. It was all real, Seulgi-ah. You might think it was a lie, but everything is real. I could never believe that those were just lies.” Wendy explained, hands darting everywhere just to emphasize what she's saying and Seulgi never felt even more thankful.

“Seulgi, Irene loves you too. Im sure of that.” 

“I'm just a friend to her, A best friend.” Seulgi answered, her shoulders dropped in disappointment. She might be in love with Irene but she's not sure if Irene feels the same.

“She's not even gay, Wendy.”

“I'm sure she is. A straight girl would never look at her best friend as if she holds the entire universe in her eyes.” Wendy said, tapping Seulgi's shoulder before giving her a hug to comfort and encourage her.

--

Irene's mad. Hell, she's more than mad. She's furious. 

She never felt this strong urge to push a girl off the cliff for sitting on her girlfriend's lap. 

Why does she always see a ing girl sitting on her girlfriend's lap? She's not a chair, for goodness' sake. And if there's a person who's allowed to sit on Seulgi, that's Irene. Only Irene. 

She stomped her way towards the duo than pulled Seulgi to stand making the girl on her lap fall face first on the ground, Seulgi was about to help the girl but Irene stopped her, She held Seulgi by the hand and sent her a glare that made Seulgi back down and stand behind the smaller girl, sending an apologetic look towards the groaning girl on the ground.

“The next time I see you sitting on my girlfriend, I'll make sure that you won't ever see the sunrise again.” Irene threatened before dragging Seulgi with her and locking themselves inside the empty locker room. 

“Haven't I told you to not let anyone see you flirting with other girls because we're still in a ing lie that you abruptly made? If you want to flirt that much than just end this lie! I'm already tired!” Irene bursted. Her chest heaving up and down because of the feelings that she wanted to express but couldn't. She wants to talk it out, scream and yell but she doesn't know how. 

“I-I wasn't flirting wi—”

“Oh yeah? Well, that's bull.  Sure, you're not flirting because you always let your friends sit on your lap just like how you forced me in this ing lie to be your ing fake girlfriend!” Irene never cursed that much in just one sentence, sure she swears and curse but not this much, not till she feels her heart breaking every time she couldn't express what she feels so she just cursed and cursed until she's satisfied.

“You agreed!”

“I never agreed, Seulgi! Please remember that you were the one who insisted to continue this lie when all I wanted in the first place was to clear this mess up.” Seulgi backed down. Irene's right, she never wanted this. She just wants her old life back where they we're just bestfriends who chase each other's fangirls and boys away. It was Seulgi who made the mistake for forcing Irene in a lie that she never wanted to be part of.

“Seulgi, for 's sake, let's stop thi—”

“I don't want to.” Irene's head snapped to look at Seulgi threateningly, she's tired at Seulgi's stubborn ways. She wouldn't let her win this time.

“You don't want to? Then I'll end it myself.” Irene exclaimed, walking pass Seulgi but then she felt herself being pulled away and into the deeper side of the locker room, Seulgi knew they should be more safe if they're arguing about this certain issue. No one should hear. 

“Irene, I want this. I want you, okay? Isn't it obvious? Stop denying the truth because we both know that we want this. Please, Irene, I don't want this to stop. I need this. I need you.” Seulgi's tears silently fell, her eyes showing desperation and searching for that warmth that only Irene could make her feel. She just spilled the beans and confessed and she's even more scared now that she bared herself, showing Irene her vulnerable side just to keep her.

“S-Seulgi, you're just a friend.” Irene stated, hands reaching out for Seulgi but before she could touch Seulgi, she stopped herself, letting her hands linger on the air, watching Seulgi cry in front of her. She felt her heart break.

“Bull. Irene, I know you don't see me as just a friend! I know you want me more than just a fri—”

“I'm not gay, Seulgi.” Irene had cut her off. Voice lacing with venom once she heard what Seulgi was saying. She's not gay, she's sure about that. She's sure that she likes boys, and not girls, not her best friend.

“Oh, really?” 

Before Irene could react, Seulgi pushed her against the lockers, hands pinning down Irene's and lips pressed against her bestfriend. Irene squirmed and wiggled, she tried to escape Seulgi's hold on her, she tried to push Seulgi away but when Seulgi had nipped on her lower lip, she gave up. She gave in to Seulgi's warm and soft lips against her, she let Seulgi taste her, let Seulgi wander inside of , she kissed back, she kissed Seulgi like she meant it, like she wants it. 

Seulgi's hold loosened when Irene had stopped squirming and started responding to her kisses. She lets Irene's hand go and just wrapped her arms around her best friend's waist to pull her even closer. Irene didn't reject, instead, she locked her arms around Seulgi's neck and pulled her close, vanishing every space between the both of them. 

“F-. I'm S-Sorry.” they both pushed each other away as if they were burned, Irene felt the lockers behind her while her eyes stared in disbelief at Seulgi who had her eyes wide. They then both looked at the intruder.

“S-Sorry, I'll be l-leavi—”

“N-No, Wendy. It's okay. I'm leaving now.” Irene quickly picked her bag up before dashing away, not even sparing Seulgi a glance. 

“Friends don't just each others' face off, Seulgi-ah.” Wendy commented while Seulgi dropped on the floor, hands grabbing a handful of hair before groaning.

--

No matter what she does, she just couldn't fall asleep. She keeps on tossing and turning on her bed, she tried every angles, every position and still, she's still wide awake as ever.

And every time she closes her eyes, the image of Seulgi's lips against hers pops up and wouldn't let her sleep. 

The feeling of Seulgi's body pressed on hers, the feeling of Seulgi's soft lips against hers, the feeling of Seulgi's tongue ins—

What the , Irene Bae. You're ing straight!

She closed her eyes shut, but immediately opened them when all she could see behind her lids was Seulgi.

Seulgi. Seulgi. Seulgi.

Seulgi and her damned tongue.

She knew she won't be getting her sleep tonight.

--

“Okay, now what?” Seulgi asked Wendy who had her chin on top of her palm, looking at Seulgi, thinking how could she help her poor friend.

“How about we scare her?” Wendy suggested. Seulgi raised a brow, not getting what Wendy is trying to say.

“What do you mean?”

“I got this, buddy. Irene will surely run back to you.” A knowing smirk etched its way on Wendy's lips, making Seulgi feel scared.

“I don't think that's a good idea, Wendy.”

“Just trust me.”

--

Irene yawned for the umpteenth time, she cursed Seulgi(and her tongue) for making Irene stay up all night. Mind full of Seulgi. She groaned when not even a single thing settled itself inside her very brilliant brain. She blamed Seulgi again.

She was about to pass out on her desk when a series of knocking woke her up and alarming the whole class.

“I'm Sorry, Ms. Park but I have to excuse Irene Bae. It's for an emergency.” Wendy's head popped between the opening of the door, Ms. Park nodded, urgently signaling Irene to go out and meet Wendy. 

“What happened?” Irene felt her heart beating wildly when Wendy told her to start running and follow her towards the parking lot where the emergency is. 

“Seulgi... accident.” Wendy said, her heavy breathing not letting her speak what she wants to so she ends up heaving the words. 

Irene understood. She more than understood as she started sprinting towards the parking lot, leaving Wendy on her own, never looking back.

Wendy smirked. She knew this would happen.

--

“Seulgi!” Irene screamed, seeing a bunch of students crowding in the middle of the parking lot where Seulgi had laid motionless and unconscious, blood dripping from her forehead while students struggled to pick her up from the ground and lay her on a stretcher that the school has in case for an emergency.

“Wait. , be careful. That's my girlfriend you're carrying.” Irene exclaimed while she tailed the students who are carrying the unconscious Seulgi to the stretcher. When they had safely laid Seulgi, Irene pushed every student out of the way to hold her girlfriend.

“S-Seulgi. Seulgi, wake up.” She shook the younger one's body in an attempt to wake her up but failed as Seulgi still remained motionless. 

“What the hell, bear. Wake up. I stayed up all night for you, I didn't sleep because you kept on messing up my mind and now you're unconscious! This isn't fair! Babe, please. Wake up.” Tears ran down Irene's flawless face while still trying to wake her girlfriend. Students looked at each other, pity and concern tainting their eyes while they watch Irene weep. 

“What are you doing? Call an ambulance!” Irene yelled, Wendy then stepped up, telling Irene to calm down because they already called one and they're on their way. Irene listened, she looked back at the unconscious girl, hugging her tightly, muttering apologies.

“Babe, come on. I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry that I pushed you away, I'm sorry that I denied. I'm sorry because I'm such a that just couldn't accept who she is. Hell, fine. I'm gay. I don't care. I don't want to lose you, so please, Wake up. Baby, please. I need you.” Irene rested her head on Seulgi's chest, her tears soaking Seulgi's shirt but she didn't mind. She wants Seulgi to be fine. Needs Seulgi to be fine.

“I-I love you.” she whispered, she felt extremely calm after letting those words out. As if the heavy feeling inside her chest had been removed and now she could breathe. Now she's free. It is the best feeling, to be able to speak your emotions out. To be able to tell the person you love what you really feel.

And she heard it.

Maybe she already heard it earlier but this time the beats are more erratic that Irene got worried. Seulgi's heart is beating fastly that she thinks it isn't normal anymore. She was about to stand up to look at Seulgi's bloody face when a hand had wrapped around her, not letting her move.

“I love you too.” Irene pulled herself up upon hearing Seulgi whisper, she looked at Seulgi who's grinning widely, biting down the laugh that's trying to escape. 

Irene glared hard, harshly wiping the tears staining her face before punching Seulgi's gut in an attempt to remove that stupid grin on her pretty face. Seulgi groaned, her hand nursing herself. Irene punches hard, she could be a boxer if she wants.

“I was so damn worried, stupid!” Irene exclaimed, sending another punch on Seulgi's gut. Despite the pain, Seulgi smiled. She wiped down the red liquid on her face before looking at her so-called girlfriend.

“How could you not notice that I'm covered with ketchup.” Seulgi laughed, wiping the remains of ketchup on her forehead before sitting up, facing her girlfriend who still had tears on her eyes.

“I thought you were going to leave me.” Irene whimpered and once again, uncontrollable tears escaped from her eyes, Seulgi immediately pulled her closer to hug her, rubbing imaginary circles on her back to calm her down. 

“Shh. I'm not. This is Wendy's idea, so if you want to kill somebody, you can always kill that smurf.” Irene chuckled and punched Seulgi once again, Seulgi groaned but did not complained, Irene could punch her over and over again and she'd still be asking for more. She loves her that much.

“Kang Seulgi, don't you ever do that again.” Irene warned, distancing herself from Seulgi but still close enough that their arms are still around each other. 

“Where did bear, babe and baby go? You never bothered with endearments, where did those came fro—” another punch and Seulgi had shut up. Groaning but still grinning widely at her lovely girlfriend.

“Fine. Be that way. I'm leaving.” but before she could remove her hands away from Seulgi, Seulgi had pressed her lips on Irene's quickly, enough to stun the smaller girl.

“I love you, Hyun-ah. Be my girlfriend?” Seulgi asked, arms wrapped tightly around the smaller girl. Irene smiled resting her forehead against Seulgi's collarbone.

“Aren't we dating, already?”

“I mean, be my real girlfriend.” Seulgi rephrased.

Seulgi didn't got an answer in a form of words, instead she felt it. She felt Irene's soft lips on hers, She felt the bite Irene made on her lower lip, She felt Irene smiling against her lips when the students around them cheered, leaded by Wendy, of course. 

--

“Back Off!” Irene pushed Seulgi behind her as she scares the girl flirting with Seulgi away. Seulgi chuckled at how cute Irene looks like while hiding Seulgi behind her when Seulgi is obviously a few inches taller than her. She placed a hand on Irene's shoulder to calm her down.

This scene feels so familiar and also feels different at the same time. Seulgi chuckled at the realization.

“And who are you?” the girl asked boldly, Irene smirked. Maybe before she was uncertain but this time she's confident at what she would answer.

Seulgi giggled at the question before snaking her hand around Irene's petite waist. Irene's smirk grew wide, she leaned against Seulgi's chest.

“I'm just the girlfriend of the person you're flirting with. Seulgi's girlfriend, Irene Bae.”

This time, it isn't a lie anymore.

T H E E N D

a/n: i really had fun writing this, especially the mushy fluffy parts. They're so cuteee.