Wrong Number

melancholy and bliss

“ u, lets break up.” 

 

The words that flashed on her screen along with an unknown number made Seulgi's brow crease in both confusion and amusement. 

As far as she remembers, she doesn't have any boyfriend—or girlfriend that would want to break up with her. She's as free as a bird. 

 

“Why would you want that?” 

 

She sent the message, hoping that the unknown person won't notice that she'd been texting the wrong number, she wants to play and mess around with this person. And maybe meet a new friend or an enemy, depends on what this texting will turn out. 

 

“Are u srsly going to ask me dat when u've been cheating with my bff?”

 

Oh. That hurts

Seulgi paused for a second, read the text message again and again until it registers. Wow, this girl might have some serious relationship problems, Seulgi couldn't help but to feel bad for messing around.

“I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong number.”

She sent but as soon as she sent those words, she received an immediate reply. 

“do u really think im going to fall for your lies? im not that stupid.”

Her brows raised up in amusement as the girl from the other line didn't seem to believe her words. She was about to send a reply when another message came.

“meet me at the usual spot. im not kidding around, bogum.”

 

“what usual spot? who the heck is bogum?”

 

She giggled. This girl is really interesting. 

 

“are u srsly going to continue that bull?”

 

“what bull?”

 

“stop it bogum. Its not funny, if u think im going to fall for your games then u're wrong. just meet me at the usual spot so we can end this.”

 

“im not playing any games. I dont really know bogum.” 

 

“UGHHH!”

 

Seulgi laughed at the reply, she might really be so frustrated at the moment and Seulgi thinks it's kind of funny, she was about to feel guilty for keeping this up but then she laughed once more, almost tumbling off from her seat when the girl from the other line sent her another message.

 

“oh my God, you're really not bogum.”

 

Then another message, and soon a series of messages appeared on Seulgi's phone. 

“omg. Im really sorry.”
“mygosh im so dumb.”
“sorryyyyy”
“srsly, i thought u were my bastard boyfriend”
“i mixed ur number with my bf's”
“im really sorryyyy.”
“why am i so dumb. wtf.”
“this is embarrassing.”

And Seulgi fell from her chair this time, toppling over and hurting the side of her stomach because of the fall but she didn't really mind the pain, she was still caught up at how the girl's been rambling on the phone, bombarding Seulgi's phone with messages that amused her to this extent.

When the messages stopped arriving and she calmed down from her hysteric, she typed a reply. 

“So, what's your name and where's that usual spot? I can meet you instead of bogum.” 

Then she sent another.

“I'm Seulgi, btw. And it's okay. I should be the one saying sorry for messing around in the first place.” 

She waits patiently for the reply, fumbling with the case of her phone, biting her lower lip out of habit when she's waiting for something to come. Surprisingly, the reply came rather longer then what she expected it to be. Maybe, the girl from the other line is still shocked because of her embarrassing ramblings earlier. 

“Seulgi? You mean Kang Seulgi? Studying Architecture?”

Seulgi's confused at the reply, this girl knew her. It's getting more and more interesting the longer she texted this girl, before she can type a reply to ask why she knows her, another message came.

“I'm Irene Bae, from the Medical Department.”

What.

The.

.

Seulgi thinks she's doomed because the one that she's been texting is no other than Irene Bae.

The Irene Bae. 

Irene Bae, the University's perfect role model because of her outstanding skills and talents, her excellent academic performance and her unbelievable beauty. 

She's been texting the most beautiful girl in the university. 

She's been texting the girl that she's been crushing on since she was still a freshman.

Upon reading the reply, Seulgi dropped her phone and she screamed in horror. She doesn't know if she screamed because her phone dropped or because she's texting with The Irene Bae. She immediately picked her phone up from the ground and checked for any scratches, upon seeing none she sighed in relief.

She can't bear to have her phone broken now, like hello, she's texting her long time crush. 

Now that she thinks about it, she does know a certain Bogum. Park Bogum, but she didn't know that he was the one Irene's been texting about. She doesn't even know that she's dating Park Bogum, she's crushing on Irene but she didn't seem to see her hanging around with Park Bogum, maybe because their department's building are at the opposite ends of the University.

“Wait, she knows me?” Seulgi asked herself, her hand scrolling up to read Irene's message. She jumped off her chair, hopped around her dorm's living room, sang a happy tune while dancing a dance that she randomly made out of happiness. 

“SHE KNOWS ME!”

“Hey, Are you free right now? I want to treat you out for, idunno, for bothering u? I'm really sorry.” 

A message from Irene came and Seulgi's mind was off to what she would wear and how would she act in front of Irene, without even sending a reply that states her agreement first. 

“Sure, I'm free. Where do you want to meet?” She typed with shaky hands and her breath hitching with excitement. She can't believe she's going to meet Irene Bae, her biggest crush that knew her all along and wants to meet her. 

“At the usual spot.”

Seulgi's brow creased at the reply, but then another message came and she giggled. 

“Just kidding. I am so not going back to that so-called usual spot. Meet me at the cafe outside the dorms. See ya ♥♥”

Seulgi dashed to her room, with her heart on her hand, ready to give it to Irene Bae the moment she meets her. 

It's going to be an exciting day for her.

T H E E N D

a/n: i was bored and i dont want to study yet for my exams so i did this out of boredom. Excuse me for updating the lamest of all lame one shots.